Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

So, I'm going to settle down tonight and give this another go without, hopefully, any technical meltdowns.

Getting in the mood by cooking Chickpea and Spinach Curry from the No Bones Jones cookbook for tea. The only question is - is it too soon to crack open the sloe vodka made last year? Might just have to have a tasting and see how it's getting on.

Love no bones Jones, how’s the cookbook? Made many of the recipes?

19 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Love no bones Jones, how’s the cookbook? Made many of the recipes?

I've not made many, it was a sort of festival impulse buy. I love his veggie fritters with chilli jam.

The chickpea curry has become a regular though as it's quick and simple and it's easy to tweak - I often add some roast butternut squash. The sag aloo is good as well. 

4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

It says "midnight Sunday 30th May" so I'm taking that to mean until midnight tomorrow. 

Cheers, im assuming same just scared that at midnight tonight it’s technically Sunday. Defo over thinking it though.

edit: I’ve had a response from Driift- they’ve changed it to end of day Monday now (think there was problems with streaming last night)

Edited by mikegday

18 hours ago, Skelts said:

I loved Wolf Alice’s set, their joy was contagious. 

Just stuck it on again, admitttedly we got a bit pi%%ed before last weeks came on so watching in a more sober state.  Theyre bloody brilliant.

16 hours ago, nowyouregideon said:

This o2 link, is it not castable? On an Android phone and want to sent it to my TV but the icon isn't showing.

Ive done it through my chrome browser on my pc ok

7 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I've not made many, it was a sort of festival impulse buy. I love his veggie fritters with chilli jam.

The chickpea curry has become a regular though as it's quick and simple and it's easy to tweak - I often add some roast butternut squash. The sag aloo is good as well. 

I bought the cookbook last festival! Haven't made a lot of them but it is a really nice book. Have done that chickpea curry, though. They insisted on signing mine when I bought it so a nice little souvenir.

15 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I add chicken which maybe goes against the spirit of a vegan recipe, but at I use thigh fillet, so it is boneless. 

Watched the Wolf Alice set for a third time last night and I love it more and more with every repeat. 

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Watched the Wolf Alice set for a third time last night and I love it more and more with every repeat. 

Just watching it for the 4th time now. A career changing performance. I love how Ellie starts off Don’t Delete The Kisses so nervously she can’t keep the tune then quickly gets her confidence and totally owns it by the end of the song.

Interesting article on the Live Stream issues.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/man-behind-glastonbury-glitch-close-perfect-got-unlucky/

Snippit of the "What went wrong?" bit.

Salmon confirms that the failure – as ticket-holders found out – was down to the access passcodes that customers were emailed not working (the precise “core” issue – the technicality within the technicality ­– is still being investigated). There was no problem with the stream itself, he says. Driift made sure of this by having “redundancy after redundancy” (back-up satellites) in place.

The access codes were meant to link to a microsite on which the stream was housed. But effectively the front door to the event remained closed. Salmon likens it to someone “buying a ticket for a concert and then the security guard not letting them in.”

He adds: “What we know for sure is that an issue existed with the access code themselves. There was no issue with the stream. One of the things you worry about with live streaming is that the stream itself can go down so that it’s either buffering, or the sound or the video quality isn’t good enough, or the satellite goes down and people are left with a blank screen. And the frustrating thing is that we went to such great lengths to ensure that that could not happen.” 

The problem arose because Driift is not an IT platform itself. Rather it is a producer and promotor of livestream shows. So it relies on various third-party tech partners to deliver certain aspects of the stream. In other words, while Glastonbury outsourced the running of the event to Driift, it in turn outsourced technical aspects to other companies. “At any one moment there might be four or five different tech partners that are delivering certain aspects of the service,” Salmon says. As soon as the problem became apparent, he and his team called the company in charge of the codes. The company said there were thousands of people already watching and suggested there was some kind of logjam. “But it then transpired it was a more complicated issue,” Salmon says.

Also seems like there were quite a few people who bought tickets for the first stream.

Early data suggests that around 20 per cent of the audience were unable to get in for those first 100 minutes, Salmon says. He can’t quantify this exactly but it amounts to “tens of thousands of people”. Salmon won’t comment on how many of the affected people applied for a refund (ticket-holders had calmed down by the following morning, suggesting the number could have been less than feared). Nor will he name the company in charge of the access codes. But he says it isn’t See Tickets, which sold the tickets, or Jackshoot, the broadcasting company that Driift used. “It wouldn’t be right of me [to name the company] because there will have to be some sort of legal investigation into this,” he says.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Interesting article on the Live Stream issues.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/man-behind-glastonbury-glitch-close-perfect-got-unlucky/

Snippit of the "What went wrong?" bit.

Also seems like there were quite a few people who bought tickets for the first stream.

Interesting stuff. For the 20% unable to get in to be "tens of thousands" it could be anywhere between 100k and 500k sold, otherwise they'd have probably said over 100k.*

*Maybe. 

Do I look like a statistician?**

**Don't answer that.

I reckon they are being a bit disingenuous here. Judging by the significant amount of people on here during the first 100 minutes, and only a few who seemed to have got in, I’ll bet the percentage was way higher than 20%.  Nobody will ever know, so they can easily play it down

7 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I reckon they are being a bit disingenuous here. Judging by the significant amount of people on here during the first 100 minutes, and only a few who seemed to have got in, I’ll bet the percentage was way higher than 20%.  Nobody will ever know, so they can easily play it down

Yeah. Whilst people with problems tend to be more vocal, it seemed like those of us who got in were in the minority, not part of 80%.

35 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah. Whilst people with problems tend to be more vocal, it seemed like those of us who got in were in the minority, not part of 80%.

Definitely felt that way to me too! 

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks to me like none of the parties involved are prepared to take the blame, not publicly at any rate.

I agree, there's been a real shifting of blame all round.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Jo Whiley just said they are streaming the whole thing in full on the Thursday of the festival weekend.

From the press release about Live at Worthy Farm: https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2021/glastonbury/

Over 50 full Glastonbury sets from the BBC archives available to watch on BBC iPlayer and over 30 sets to listen to on BBC Sounds from Monday 21 June. This is in addition to individual Live At Worthy Farm performances which will be available to stream on BBC iPlayer from Thursday 24 June. Glastonbury presents Live At Worthy Farm premiered online on Saturday 22 May and saw performances from Wolf Alice, Michael Kiwanuka, George Ezra, IDLES, HAIM, Coldplay, Damon Albarn, Jorja Smith, The Smile, Kano and Honey Dijon featuring Róisín Murphy

An exclusive 60 minute BBC Two documentary - Live At Worthy Farm: Backstage (w/t) presented by Jo Whiley, which will tell the story of how this once in a lifetime event was put together. This will be followed by Live At Worthy Farm: Highlights (w/t), featuring a selection of performances from the artists who took part in the event

3 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

From the press release about Live at Worthy Farm: https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2021/glastonbury/

Yeah it sounds like Whiley misspoke. Pretty sure she said they were showing it in full but that sounds like just highlights, which is what we thought before.

I think showing highlights is better than screening the whole thing for free a month after people paid for it.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...