Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

49 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

The Smile are also on there.

Looks like whoever ripped it had the invalid code issue and missed Wolf Alice, Kiwanuka, Ezra and Idles.

Ah, nice, I'd missed that The Smile was also out there. Thanks for the heads up

• Upvote 1

On 5/25/2021 at 2:16 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

He's a gifted songwriter and has worked hard to overcome his natural lack of talent as a singer.  He's perfectly fine now, but he's never been gifted. 

Hmm maybe youve higher standards you're applying? Can Damon sing like Aretha or Axl Rose? No.

Compared to vast majority of his peers? You betcha. He has as a rich, resonant voice with huge range. Instantly recognisable for close to 30 years. His current baritone is a national treasure.

Your above description could be applied to Bernard Sumner or Louise Wener. But Damon? Nah. Let's be real.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Hmm maybe youve higher standards you're applying? Can Damon sing like Aretha or Axl Rose? No.

Compared to vast majority of his peers? You betcha. He has as a rich, resonant voice with huge range. Instantly recognisable for close to 30 years. His current baritone is a national treasure.

Your above description could be applied to Bernard Sumner or Louise Wener. But Damon? Nah. Let's be real.

Controversial opinions thread is thataway.

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Bernard Sumner didn't put in the hard work, that's why he's still a crap singer.  Damon is a wonderful musician and a very hard worker, which is why he's now a great singer, as you say.  But it's come from hard work and an understanding of music, not natural vocal talent.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Bernard Sumner didn't put in the hard work, that's why he's still a crap singer.  Damon is a wonderful musician and a very hard worker, which is why he's now a great singer, as you say.  But it's come from hard work and an understanding of music, not natural vocal talent.

No matter if Sumner worked hard as you say for 100 years, he aint nailing To The End or This is a Low.

6 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Did anyone have any issues when rewatching the stream with it being slow to load? Trying to figure out if it’s my shoddy internet or just another glitch. Was fine streaming when eventually got on there Saturday 

I think it's only in HD as there's no option under the cog to change quality (like you get on YouTube).

6 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

I think it's only in HD as there's no option under the cog to change quality (like you get on YouTube).

Think this explains it, was using my personal laptop which is a bit rundown. Switched to work laptop and running fine. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jcatley said:

Did anyone have any issues when rewatching the stream with it being slow to load? Trying to figure out if it’s my shoddy internet or just another glitch. Was fine streaming when eventually got on there Saturday 

Yes, we’ve been rewatching bits and the audio is fine but the video keeps freezing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pipine said:

Yes, we’ve been rewatching bits and the audio is fine but the video keeps freezing.

I can’t get it on my smart TV any more📺 . Despite the fact that I could on Sunday. I can get it on my iPhone7. But only at certain times of the day!!🙂

19 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

I had the cog to change the quality last weekend. Did it get removed? Used my laptop and the button was there. It automatically went HD but had other resolutions avail.

I've been having a second watch of some of this over the last couple of days and it really is a beautiful thing. Really got me pining for the farm now! Just watching the whole of Honey Dijon for the first time now and it looks so much fun to be there. Weird one to watch at 6pm from your sofa! 

16 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I had the cog to change the quality last weekend. Did it get removed? Used my laptop and the button was there. It automatically went HD but had other resolutions avail.

Yeh it's not there now, they are using a different video host than over the weekend. Still streaming in 1080p, just no option to move down quality.

1281260283_Screenshot2021-05-29at10_17_51.png.b178d5c9d38a09ac839d1a8f5807b5f9.png

So, I'm going to settle down tonight and give this another go without, hopefully, any technical meltdowns.

Getting in the mood by cooking Chickpea and Spinach Curry from the No Bones Jones cookbook for tea. The only question is - is it too soon to crack open the sloe vodka made last year? Might just have to have a tasting and see how it's getting on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

So, I'm going to settle down tonight and give this another go without, hopefully, any technical meltdowns.

Getting in the mood by cooking Chickpea and Spinach Curry from the No Bones Jones cookbook for tea. The only question is - is it too soon to crack open the sloe vodka made last year? Might just have to have a tasting and see how it's getting on.

It's a Bank Holiday Weekend. Of course it's fine! 😅