Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

Absolutely depends on your parameters. For me, a truly great singer isn't about technical skill, it's the ability to provoke an emotion in me, the same way that a very talented hyper-realistic pencil artist doesn't evoke the same feelings as a less technically proficient artist that absolutely fucking moves me.

All the artists I love, all the artists that have properly grabbed me by the guts and wrung some emotion out of me, none of them are technically 'excellent' singers, whatever that means. Give me yer Bob Dylans, yer Patti Smiths, yer Robrt Wyatts. You want technical excellence, watch the X-factor with their note perfect warbling. 

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't someone say there was a shot at the beginning of the flags? 

Yes, but it's pretty brief.  It's just a quick drone shot of 20-30 flags laid out on the grass IIRC

Edited by Skelts

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Has anyone had the "watch anytime before the 30th" email yet?

Yeah, lots have but there was several hours between some people getting theirs.  If yours hasn't arrived yet, it should do later