Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

I really feel sorry for anyone who didn't make the effort to go on the pier. If you didn't then you really missed out and, frankly, you're not doing Glastnbury right.

... sorry, on second thoughts, I think I'm putting people under a bit too much pier pressure.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

nope not yet ... was thinking the same 🙂 ive only made it as far as Damon that I can remember 

Yeah, we gave up after Damon last night too for some reason. Does anyone know if what came next was worth watching please?

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, we gave up after Damon last night too for some reason. Does anyone know if what came next was worth watching please?

Yes defo... Jorja Smith was amazing. 
After that, it depends if you are into those genres! 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Ta, I just Googled and it's that guy. I didn't realise he was still involved. I thought he left when there was the Lost Vagueness/Shangri La split.

Think you're getting him confused with Roy Gurvitz, who was the leader of sorts within Lost Vagueness (and Shangri La was basically nearly everyone who used to work for him).

Joe Rush is from the Mutoid Waste Company, who are responsible for the Unfairground, Cineramageddon, and as mentioned The Pier, and before that had a hand in Trash City - don't think Joe has ever had any involvement with LV/SL.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

nope not yet ... was thinking the same 🙂 ive only made it as far as Damon that I can remember 

It's the start I'm missing. Hope the link they (hopefully) send out will include the Michael and Emily bits.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I really feel sorry for anyone who didn't make the effort to go on the pier. If you didn't then you really missed out and, frankly, you're not doing Glastnbury right.

... sorry, on second thoughts, I think I'm putting people under a bit too much pier pressure.

I tried a number of times but it was always too busy to get on.

(scrolls down)

Doh! You got me.

_____

As an aside, does anybody know if 100% of the £20 was going to the charities and GF? I've been toying with the idea of asking for a refund and just giving it straight to Water Aid or someone. I know Drift said they were doing this for nothing but someone somewhere is surely getting paid and I'm not sure they deserve to keep my money after that that extreme balls up.

I really am still quite angry that it's the charities that are the ones who will probably really suffer from this (though apparently refund uptake has been low).

3 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

As an aside, does anybody know if 100% of the £20 was going to the charities and GF? I've been toying with the idea of asking for a refund and just giving it straight to Water Aid or someone. I know Drift said they were doing this for nothing but someone somewhere is surely getting paid and I'm not sure they deserve to keep my money after that that extreme balls up.

Well apart from anything else, £3.33 of it was going to HMRC.

Whereas on a straight donation, charities can claim Gift Aid.

Edited by incident

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Whose workshop were Idles in? Looked like they were trying to recreate Flashdance from memory. And whoever said the guitarist looks like Mike Wozniak, me and my mate had the same convo last night!

We said the same thing about him looking like Wozniak! 

Well I've not had a link to watch until Saturday - any more invalid code crew get one? I'm not arsed enough to be angry about it, but don't think they should promise and then not deliver. Again.

5 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

If you read this it looks like they are going to show the whole thing in the next couple of weeks, then highlights over the festival weekend with other stuff. 

2B876DBB-C66A-4A6A-B528-FBB7C1F67F7C.jpeg

Again not going to complain or ask for a refund or anything but it is a bit weird to pay for something and then get to see it for free a month later! In all honesty I probably wouldn't have  bought it if I'd known that. Could have just done the charity donation bit.

In hindsight, I wonder if they could have made it more in the style of Children In Need, and streamed it for free with charity donation prompts panning across the top of the screen ‘e.g. Text GLASTO20 to xxxxx’ and made reference to the charities involved, and show all the work the festival does for those charities each year.
Can’t help but think they’d have generated more money that way, although probably best not putting it up against Eurovision. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Well apart from anything else, £3.33 of it was going to HMRC.

Whereas on a straight donation, charities can claim Gift Aid.

The festival should have a word with politicians.  The government has been known to waive the charity element and allow the charities to keep it .  After all we have such a caring chancellor. 😉

Do think it's a bit cheeky to put it free to view on BBC only month later. I had been wondering why they scheduled the livestream for a weekend in May and not the festival weekend, thinking perhaps they had other plans with the beeb but just to reshow it (or an edit of it) after all the hype to drum up ticket sales seems a bit misguided. I'll still watch it again though.

Just now, Splatt said:

Do think it's a bit cheeky to put it free to view on BBC only month later. I had been wondering why they scheduled the livestream for a weekend in May and not the festival weekend, thinking perhaps they had other plans with the beeb but just to reshow it (or an edit of it) after all the hype to drum up ticket sales seems a bit misguided. I'll still watch it again though.

Done now so they compete as little as possible with anything that might start to open up … they could also make use of the people who have so far very little in their calendars … performers and people who put together the filming … 

2 hours ago, incident said:

Think you're getting him confused with Roy Gurvitz, who was the leader of sorts within Lost Vagueness (and Shangri La was basically nearly everyone who used to work for him).

Joe Rush is from the Mutoid Waste Company, who are responsible for the Unfairground, Cineramageddon, and as mentioned The Pier, and before that had a hand in Trash City - don't think Joe has ever had any involvement with LV/SL.

Yeah, you're right ta. Not watched the Glasto Julien Temple movie for a while.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If they show like two songs max per act then I think that's kind of okay, but streaming the whole thing so close to it being paid for would feel a bit off to me.

I'd rather they dived back into the archives and found some stuff they didn't air last year.

I think they've said "highlights" of... and an hour long documentary on how it was put together.