Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

23 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Seen a few negative comments about this. A few people are annoyed they paid for a stream that would be on the BBC shortly after and others about the timing coinciding with the “big reopening” from 21 June.

Personally, I’m easy on it - the more people that can see it, the better.

People will always moan.  I paid £20 plus a further donation and would happily do it again.  My ticket was for the 7pm Saturday "Invalid Code" farce.  It was annoying at the time, but once I got on, it was worth every penny.  Even if you had told me it was going to be on the BBC next weekend, I still would have paid it as it all helps to support the industry and various charities.  Anyone looking for a refund or moaning about it now being on the BBC need to have a look at themselves

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I don't think it has been mentioned, but I loved how the natural light changed over the course of the event, in sync with the live stream. WA and Kiwanuka playing in daylight, Ezra and Haim at dusk and by the time Coldplay were on, night had fallen.

That happens every 24 hours 

37 minutes ago, circus92 said:

People will always moan.  I paid £20 plus a further donation and would happily do it again.  My ticket was for the 7pm Saturday "Invalid Code" farce.  It was annoying at the time, but once I got on, it was worth every penny.  Even if you had told me it was going to be on the BBC next weekend, I still would have paid it as it all helps to support the industry and various charities.  Anyone looking for a refund or moaning about it now being on the BBC need to have a look at themselves

Good point. It’s stuff like this tweet that I’m seeing a lot of now. Feels like they are attacking the wrong people?

48 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I dunno, taken in isolation the concept of a prerecorded stream that’s sold as an “event” but shortly afterwards made available for free doesn’t seem the best precedent for Glastonbury to set.

The fact that it is Glastonbury, and most of us here will give them money regardless to support the festival (myself included! 🙂), doesn’t mean this wouldn’t significantly hurt live stream ticket sales in future if it became the de facto expectation.

And for anyone who’s not a Glastonbury superfan, I can’t totally blame them for being a little miffed.

That BBC piece was very careful to use “highlights” throughout - I guess a lot will depend on what exactly they show. If the paid-for version remains the only way to “experience” it in full, then I guess that’s what they’d say you’re paying for. Not sure how that squares with the mentioned “directors cut” though…

I guess Glastonbury aren’t really too bothered as they see this as a one time only affair. And I’m not hugely bothered myself either! But I feel it could have been communicated a bit better.

Edited by jimmillen

Lauren Laverne did say that the BBC rights for the 21st wouldn’t include the full stream. Only some highlights and behind the scenes details with some of the people who helped put it together. 
That may have been done so as not to upset the people who had paid (pre-link cock up on Saturday) 

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It sounded like anyone who ordered the 7pm sat stream gets the week long link regardless of issues or not.

will it need a code to access though. 

Yeah not sure... nothing yet. Won't be upset if I don't get it but I did want to watch Honey Dijon properly as didn't make it to the end on Saturday. And I'd like a cheeky rewatch of some bits if available to me.

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

Totally agree. My £20 was to support the festival, its causes and staff. Also there was something nice about making another ticket purchase from the see/glastonbury site. Saturday night was indeed frustrating but I had a cracking Eurovision night with friends and caught up with some of the stream on the Sunday. The production was magnificent and I cannot even begin to think what a trauma Saturday was Emily. So glad once people saw it that tempers cooled. 

Whoever was saying that a band ought to play the festival in the round like Coldplay did, Arcade Fire did a whole tour like that in a boxing ring. I saw it at Wembley - it was fucking brilliant.

Edited by Homer

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Whoever was saying that a band ought to play the festival in the round like Coldplay did, Arcade Fire did a whole tour like that in a boxing ring. I saw it at Wembley - it was fucking brilliant.

My best gig of all time. 

(Arcade Fire, not Coldplay).

Just now, Homer said:

Ta, I just Googled and it's that guy. I didn't realise he was still involved. I thought he left when there was the Lost Vagueness/Shangri La split.

He’s been doing the stage toppers and some of the installations around site i think so very much involved … and the robotics thing on the pier also rings a bell 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

He’s been doing the stage toppers and some of the installations around site i think so very much involved … and the robotics thing on the pier also rings a bell 

(Considers rolling out the 'classic' 'pier pressure' pun.)