Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

BBC have secured the rights to broadcast it - directors cut, behind the scenes documentary, etc coming.

Fantastic.  Hit the sack after Jorja so regrettably missed Thom and his buddies....Twitter clip looked amazing so is there any other way I can get the Smile set now?

12 hours ago, incident said:

You've just reminded me of something, which sent me to Google - which came up with this - a nice retrospective article by the guy who built the Stone Circle where he covers why the design is what it is. Don't think it's been posted on here before.

Interesting article which led me to this https://guerillaarchaeology.com/festival-archaeologyarchaeology-of-festivals/monument-making-the-glastonbury-stone-circle/

37 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Hope they can show some extended sets as part of it. 

Usually a directors cut is that. I mean can we have the Snyder cut of this so its 9 hours?

now the question is what is bbc airing over the weekend now that theyve had quite a while to look through the archives.

Well after all the hoo-ha, watched the opening Sunday morning and then some more yesterday afternoon and I have to say what a wonderful piece of film making it was. I very much enjoyed Wolf Alice, Michael Kiwanuka, and Haim at the beginning. I even didn't mind George Ezra. Coldplay were magnificent, what utterly spectacular staging that really gave their set that Pyramid headline feel. I know they are the band the cool kids like to hate, but you cannot argue with that kind of production, combined with some belting tunes.

To have Damon follow that was definitely a downer. I can see why fans loved it and I can see why neutrals went off to make a cup of tea or headed to the bar. Each to their own and all that.

I also caught Smile and I thought it was very good. Not really my thing but as I get more used to post OKC RH I can tune into this a lot more than I did before.

That was it for me, apparently we may get sent a link that will last until Sunday in which case I'll make time to sit and watch the whole thing.

Saturday was a debacle but I needed enjoying Eurovision with friends so I had a great night anyway. £20 well spent and seeing the farm in all it's glory certainly took me away from the drudgery of 2020/21. Roll on 2022 cannot wait!

42 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Has anyone had the link that allows them to watch it till the end of May?

Not yet. They said 48 hours so I guess we should have it by 7pm today? I'm not sure how they will know which people had issues or not - do you think they will just send it to everyone who had the Saturday night stream?

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not yet. They said 48 hours so I guess we should have it by 7pm today? I'm not sure how they will know which people had issues or not - do you think they will just send it to everyone who had the Saturday night stream?

It sounded like anyone who ordered the 7pm sat stream gets the week long link regardless of issues or not.

will it need a code to access though. 

On 5/22/2021 at 10:34 PM, bamber said:

I Appreciate Damon like Neil Young or Lou Reed in that none of them can really sing but they all seem to pull it off. 

Neiler has a reedy slightly unconventional tone but Damon is a superb vocalist. Delete your account old son.

😘

• Upvote 1

I don't think it has been mentioned, but I loved how the natural light changed over the course of the event, in sync with the live stream. WA and Kiwanuka playing in daylight, Ezra and Haim at dusk and by the time Coldplay were on, night had fallen.

A really nice touch, and kudos to those earlier acts who performed with little in the way of a light show - Wolf Alice seemed to have a few bin fires going but not much else.

On a completely different note, I wonder if this will get a DVD, BluRay or even CD / vinyl release. A 6 x  vinyl box set, with a side per act (abridged) could be a thing of beauty.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I'm guessing there is no way of buying a re-run of this from GF online then? Aside from the BBC film coming up of course.

I couldn't watch it at all this weekend but it looks fantastic. That Melancholy Hill clip is just lovely.

In the same boat. Couldn't watch it this weekend and would happily pay for a stream now. Although I can wait a month to watch it on the Beeb if necessary.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

BBC have secured the rights to broadcast it - directors cut, behind the scenes documentary, etc coming.

Seen a few negative comments about this. A few people are annoyed they paid for a stream that would be on the BBC shortly after and others about the timing coinciding with the “big reopening” from 21 June.

Personally, I’m easy on it - the more people that can see it, the better.

14 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Seen a few negative comments about this. A few people are annoyed they paid for a stream that would be on the BBC shortly after and others about the timing coinciding with the “big reopening” from 21 June.

Personally, I’m easy on it - the more people that can see it, the better.

I got it free through O2 Priority so have nothing to complain about, but think I'd be a bit peeved to pay £20 for it only to find out it would be on the BBC a month later.