Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

So it was not earth shattering, eh, a bit dull, meh, not very memorable, some shite bits, not bad, with performing art school and TOTP comparisons but also excellent. Nicely summarised, Gnomy 😂

Whilst I don't have massive disagreements with that review (although I'd swap the ratings for Damon and The Smile), the overall package was much better than that. It was seeing people playing music in our spiritual home that really got you in the feels.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think one of the biggest positives about this whole event, in addition to how it flows in a chronological order, is the fact that there's no annoying presenter breaking up the continuity. It feels like a day at the festival, moving from stage to stage. Very clever. 

I hadn’t thought about that. But yeah, that’s a good point. A presenter would have ruined the flow

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Whilst I don't have massive disagreements with that review (although I'd swap the ratings for Damon and The Smile), the overall package was much better than that. It was seeing people playing music in our spiritual home that really got you in the feels.

Yup, if it had been the same acts in somewhere like Alexander Palace I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much. More excited to see Bella's Bridge than most of the acts.

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think one of the biggest positives about this whole event, in addition to how it flows in a chronological order, is the fact that there's no annoying presenter breaking up the continuity. It feels like a day at the festival, moving from stage to stage. Very clever. 

Loved how it progressive got darker too. The idea of it being actually live had been long put to bed but it did give the illusion of the night drawing in.

6 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I watched it from idles last night , and from half way through wolf Alice tonight - on Coldplay again 🤭 . Didn’t watch to the end last night - only got to Kano , shall try again tonight 

anyone know when Jarvis does his spoken word ?  

After Kano but before Honey Dijon. My mate watched the earlier stream.

27 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Reports of Damon being paid with a caravan for his Ma for this performance are unconfirmed 

😁 must be true, and cheaper than a very big house in the country 

i want the Morris minor campervan that was on the Johnny Vegas camping programme. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

21 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

That first Damon song was gorgeous.

Anyone got a link to his set on YouTube or elsewhere? I need to watch it again. Watched it last night and thought it was dire. Lots of love for it here though so I want to give it another go

Edited by Skelts