Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I'm pissed so I'm just gonna ask a stupid glasto q. Idles played in some sort of venue. Where is it? 

Joe Rush, the sculptor who makes a lots of stuff on site, has a big barn at the farm, it was filmed in there. All the amazing cars stacked up are the vehicles used for the outdoor 'drive in ' cenema

1 minute ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

whitby? yep they were in the web fingered town, Chris martin visited a couple of bars after

Never, ever heard it called that before.

Apparently they had one of the streets closed so they could go for chips, not sure how true that is mind.

6 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

its £20. Yes its been a monumental fuck up but the money is for charity and to fund the festival. You clearly love Glastonbury enough to be part of this forum so im sure you rather help the festival than hurt it 

Yeah. Sure. Totally love the place. Best on Earth. I mean I volunteer sometimes (possibly purely for my own selfish reasons). But stuff like this makes me cynical. And are they bothered? Temporarily financially embarrassed maybe but I don't see this affecting demand for future tickets. It always feels a bit last minute, bag of a fag packet planning every year, even after fifty years.

Took the night off work and will have to make the weekend hours up somehow. Already spent the best part of yesterday getting the link to work only to have it break today. To then point out to See today that things were not working after spending an age trying to get them to work, I reckon they knew this was possibly going to be an issue and if not they should have noticed because I can't have been the only one getting "invalid code" before this thing even started. Another ten minutes and I would've left for the pub to see a real live band in the evening for the first time in months.

I didn't even get the choice to fully rewind (not that I'd want to as previously posted).

False promises and amateurishness and it's properly pissed me off.

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I’m running 2hrs 10mins behind so just wrapped up WA. superb. they really rose to the moment, and I’m excited to see them again. A very special band indeed.
And as others have said, the filming, staging and sound are brilliant. 
It makes the cock-ups all the more sad. This really is a great event, and had it all gone according to plan I think would have gone done as an absolute classic.

Totally agree. Should be glad really as it may have increased demand for tickets (but now everyone can watch it, so...?)

Anyway, is it me or is Damon Albarn sounding a bit Bowie-ish?

(I may have finally started the wine).