Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

10 hours ago, sedra said:

So if all the artists are being filmed this week is anything actually going to be “live” live streamed on 22nd at all ?? Last year they had BBC live from the farm linking to classic performances and a few acoustic sessions. 

just reading the information  and from this id presume something might be live ? as they state this

.....How long does the livestream last?
Set lengths will vary from artist to artist, and the overall livestream is expected to last at least five (5) hours depending on a few surprises on the night!

I cant see past swifty as the special guest personally

its meant to be a celebration of glastonbury as a whole but if she is announced it becomes the taylor swift show featuring glastonbury festival. They want people to buy into the whole concept not just switch on for 30 mins for her. On top of that theres prob a weird contractual thing preventing her from being billed for it but she can do it if unannounced.

no one else i can think of is worthy (no pun intended) / important enough to be being kept a secret until the day. 

Edited by Memory Man

re: Taylor and possible secrecy. If it turns out its her there will be plenty of time before the U.S. stream begins and they can still cash in a bit. Since it might not be that readily available for clips of any good quality surface right after. Who is watching this on their phone anyway?  The chances seem decent since Haim is there and they have a couple of songs together anyway. 

Edited by Suprefan

I've been thinking long & hard about this and I think I've decided to give this a miss. There's only a couple of acts I'm interested in & it looks like they'll only get 15-20 minutes each so £20 is a lot to pay.

I know it's for a good cause, but I'm on a limited budget since I dropped to 4 day working week.

Enjoying all the "It's not live!" moaning, which has happened with a few livestreams recently. What were people expecting, a big event on the night and for them to expect nobody to try and sneak in? Plus all the risk of adverse weather and tech issues. It'll be far better this way (says he who hasn't got a ticket as he'll be watching something else). What difference does it make to the viewer? 

12 minutes ago, DTichborne said:

Enjoying all the "It's not live!" moaning, which has happened with a few livestreams recently. What were people expecting, a big event on the night and for them to expect nobody to try and sneak in? Plus all the risk of adverse weather and tech issues. It'll be far better this way (says he who hasn't got a ticket as he'll be watching something else). What difference does it make to the viewer? 

I think part of it is that, if it's not actually happening at that specific time, why isn't just available on demand for people to watch at their own convenience? There's no reason for it not to be, other than creating this sort of artificial event around it.

Also it's literally called "Live at Worthy Farm" and it's not...

I do think it's a weird product, and I think they're struggling to sell it. There's neither a massive variety of acts to appeal to a huge cross-section of people (like the Glasto highlights packages the BBC runs around Christmas/Bank Holidays), nor is there enough from any specific act to make it worth £20 if you're a fan to just see 20 minutes of that act. But 20 minutes is also a lot to put up with if you actively dislike one of the acts.

And the excitement of it actually being a live event on the farm for Glasto fans is reduced by it not actually being live. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I think part of it is that, if it's not actually happening at that specific time, why isn't just available on demand for people to watch at their own convenience? There's no reason for it not to be, other than creating this sort of artificial event around it.

I do think it's a weird product, and I think they're struggling to sell it. There's neither a massive variety of acts to appeal to a huge cross-section of people (like the Glasto highlights packages the BBC runs around Christmas/Bank Holidays), nor is there enough from any specific act to make it worth £20 if you're a fan to just see 20 minutes of that act. But 20 minutes is also a lot to put up with if you actively dislike one of the acts.

And the excitement of it actually being a live event on the farm for Glasto fans is reduced by it not actually being live. 

I'd imagine it will be a licensing issue. On demand and 'live' - whether it be recorded and played live or is actually live - will need a different form of license. 'Live' can go through PRS.

Edited by Dukeicon

34 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

In terms of how it looks at home, there's no difference between whether it was all live or not (other than it's likely to run a lot smoother). Agree about your on demand point though. 

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the live stream? I know it’s not on until Saturday but they suggest testing it.  I logged on to test it and it worked at first. (There is a short rolling video showing all the time). Logged out but when I tried to log back in have access denied. Can’t log in to it on any device now. Message is saying I have 3 active sessions, all on the same device and at a similar time. This seems to be blocking me. Contacted support and they have yet to get back to me. 

Edited by Spacey