Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

I’ve set aside today to fart around with my tv and try to work out how to get the stream to go on there if I can (technology is umm . . . really not my thing) cos I don’t want to watch it on my phone, that would be nonsense. It’s a tv that’s only 6 months old and it’s capable of various bells and whistles, but this: dunno. 
Id like to watch the stream, but I’m not desperate or particularly excited about it to be honest, Michael Kiwanuka would be the only artist I’d like to see that I havnt already seen live, but it’s something to do on a Saturday night nonetheless innit? 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think so. I've always understood it to be a pre-recorded thing they've edited together. I guess there might be some live intro and interstitial stuff? But the music is pre-recorded (this weekend by the sounds of it?).

There's been crew on site for a few days now 

1 minute ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I'm convinced it's Taylor Swift - the HAIM connection and the fact she was supposed to headline in 2020, plus I doubt she'd come to the UK and go through the hassle of quarantine just to pick up a BRIT. Also wouldn't be surprised if she gets announced as one of the 2022 headliners.

she lives here though ... at least part of the year doesnt she ? so would have to quarunteen at some point anyway ? Im still split on the two ... FBS seems odd to have been completely left out ... and a half hour slot for Taylor doesnt seem enough to me 

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Norm spending half an hour doing the usual - mixing The Rockefeller Skank into Satisfaction and so on - doesn't really feel like an especially noteworthy or unmissable event. 

yep fair .... although if they chose to announce Taylor im sure  it would make quite a difference to the numbers subscribing to the Live stream given her massive following .. Im not sure what a special guest gains them in that regard 

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

she lives here though ... at least part of the year doesnt she ? so would have to quarunteen at some point anyway ? Im still split on the two ... FBS seems odd to have been completely left out ... and a half hour slot for Taylor doesnt seem enough to me 

To be honest I wasn't sure about where Taylor Swift was based? I think if they're bigging up the special guest and it turns out to be FBS then it would be a massive surprise because what's the point in keeping him a secret (no offence to Fatboy Slim)? 

Taylor doesn’t really “live” in London, it’s become one of those efests things. She spends time all over - LA, Nashville, NY and London. She’s obviously in the county now though.

FBS would be a letdown for me. If you’re plugging special guests, hype will always grow and become hard to meet. Setting yourself up for disappointment with FBS would be a weird move. If it’s not Taylor, I could see Stormzy being the one, maybe Macca?

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

Taylor doesn’t really “live” in London, it’s become one of those efests things. She spends time all over - LA, Nashville, NY and London. She’s obviously in the county now though.

FBS would be a letdown for me. If you’re plugging special guests, hype will always grow and become hard to meet. Setting yourself up for disappointment with FBS would be a weird move. If it’s not Taylor, I could see Stormzy being the one, maybe Macca?

my only query with Taylor as I mentioned earlier would be why list her as a special guest with her massive  following ... why not list her and take the money from the subscriptions and sales to the stream that brings .... I can see some of the reasons fbs is not considered so much ... hope they guarantee his other stage headline slot instead 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

my only query with Taylor as I mentioned earlier would be why list her as a special guest with her massive  following ... why not list her and take the money from the subscriptions and sales to the stream that brings .... I can see some of the reasons fbs is not considered so much ... hope they guarantee his other stage headline slot instead 

Totally agree mate - that’s the one thing making me think it’s not her. But that applies to any big name really. Billing a special guest for something like this doesn’t really make sense either way - it’s either a let down or it’s someone who you could have announced to sell more tickets.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Totally agree mate - that’s the one thing making me think it’s not her. But that applies to any big name really. Billing a special guest for something like this doesn’t really make sense either way - it’s either a let down or it’s someone who you could have announced to sell more tickets.

While that's all true - obviously it's not necessarily going to be the festivals decision. The artist and/or record label may have their own schedule they're working to, for example they may want to announce something else before this appears.

Taylor herself has a fairly extensive history of dropping stuff at no or hardly any notice, especially over the last 18 months or so.