Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

6 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

This is becoming the when will this shit end thread!!! As @Quark said 

Get over it and appreciate live nusic is coming back!!
People like stuff People dont like stuff!! 
Best Quote of the day!

you can't compare a good old fashioned Coldplay argument to that hellfire

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Had a conversation with my wife about them last week, for supposedly the biggest band on the planet, they've absolutely failed to permeate my consciousness. I know 3 songs by them, Yellow, that one the Pet Shop Boys covered, and 'I will fix you'. Other than that, you could put a gun to my head, and I'd not be able to hum anything else by them.

As it goes, I'm firmly in the 'They're shit' camp, (and btw @balti-pieis bossing the last few pages) but I've got no real evidence for that assertion, however, there's no way I'm actually going to listen to an album, or watch them on a livestream, to confirm it.

What a joy to have Mardy back in the fold. Despite his love for the Pet Shop Boys. The very definition of shit.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Late to this but if music, any piece of music, engages with somebody, makes them happy, makes them sad, makes them cry, makes them want to dance, whatever - how can it be shit? 

Cos if it’s shit, it’s shit 😆

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Excellent concise summary! Can’t be many on here that still worship early/mid  70s heavy rock with a dash of early pre pretentious prog the way I do. 

Got any King Crimson mate? 

now that’s the absolute cutting edge of whatever the opposite of cool is 

8 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Well frankly that's not very enlightening; I value your opinion on pies though. 

And I yours. An exchange of pie insights is a very important part of my life. I’m actually meeting up with some mates in a garden tomorrow, one of us has brewed four beers (obviously, he’s a brewer) while I’ve sourced pies from piglets pantry - an absolutely excellent pie bakery. Hugely recommended pie vendors 

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

And I yours. An exchange of pie insights is a very important part of my life. I’m actually meeting up with some mates in a garden tomorrow, one of us has brewed four beers (obviously, he’s a brewer) while I’ve sourced pies from piglets pantry - an absolutely excellent pie bakery. Hugely recommended pie vendors 

As a proud West Midlander I have nothing but love for a Balti Pie, seriously, there is no finer food to enjoy at a football match... Saddens me greatly that you can never find them anywhere south of the Midlands.

Even at Glasto, every pie stall I walk past I always scan for balti but never see it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Got any King Crimson mate? 

now that’s the absolute cutting edge of whatever the opposite of cool is 

Just The first album, in the court of, 1969. So different from anything else at the time.   (The one sampled by Kanye).  They opened for the Stones in Hyde park that year and it was a classic. Went downhill imo after that! 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Parachutes and Rush of Blood are both great albums. Kinda lost interest after that.

Same with loads of bands isn’t it. For me anyway... 

Hot Fuss / Sam’s Town / Meh 

Whatever people say I am, that’s what I’m not / Favourite worst nightmare / Meh 

Funeral / Neon Bible / The Suburbs / Meh 

etc

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As a proud West Midlander I have nothing but love for a Balti Pie, seriously, there is no finer food to enjoy at a football match... Saddens me greatly that you can never find them anywhere south of the Midlands.

Even at Glasto, every pie stall I walk past I always scan for balti but never see it.

Indeed, a balti pie is a compulsory part of a visit to the King Power. 

52 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You can get them, but it’s rare - and almost better that way, cos it absolutely makes your day, getting one. I occasionally go to Brighton matches - not because I support them, I don’t, in fact I hate them a bit for beating Spurs (as I hate every other club that beats Spurs, in fact I hate every other club) but the pies at Brighton are amazing, and one of the monthly specials they do is a stupendous chicken balti pie 

Surprisingly i'm really excited about watching this, never watched a livestream before and can't have seen more than 4 hours of TV coverage of the festival in total but can't wait to see this and see the farm other than through the web cam. Just have to choose which time to buy, would be great to watch it at the same time as the group i meet up with occasionally at the farm as this year would have been the tenth anniversary of our first meet up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The one's at Molineux are superb, however for a more quintessential balti extravaganza, visit the Mr Tikka caravan at the end of The Subway and indulge in their famous tikka naan wrap.

My word.

Though I nearly boycotted them in 2003 when we got promoted to the Prem as they bumped their prices up by a quid. Unbelievable.

P.S Coldplay have produced a large handful of masterclass pieces of music. Suck it up folks 😘

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Like 2