Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

5 hours ago, bamber said:

I'll probably chuck £20 at this, just wish Coldplay weren't part of it.

For better or worse Coldplay are a big deal globally speaking and will probably generate a hefty chunk of the streaming sales by themselves.  

If anything they've probably based the date around Chris Martin's calendar.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For better or worse Coldplay are a big deal globally speaking and will probably generate a hefty chunk of the streaming sales by themselves.  

Exactly this, Coldplay will be the massive ticket seller for the event.  They’re the band that sells out stadiums worldwide and headlines festivals wherever they go.  

The hatred for a band that donates their fee to charity and would do anything to help any artist playing (see Adele, Beyoncé, Kylie for instance) and the festival in general astounds me.  

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They will be doing it for free too. 

Re the curfew thing, according to the below there won't be. 

Re the first weekend back being horrendous thing, I reckon we will head straight to a comedy club. They were all good in my experience before FYI (much easier to distance the seated punters out and do table service)

ee959f51-4152-4d68-8a25-ce0b1441b0d9.thumb.jpg.846d2d9f46055ebc18147e7e878917d2.jpg

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Exactly this, Coldplay will be the massive ticket seller for the event.  They’re the band that sells out stadiums worldwide and headlines festivals wherever they go.  

The hatred for a band that donates their fee to charity and would do anything to help any artist playing (see Adele, Beyoncé, Kylie for instance) and the festival in general astounds me.  

They are not my bag, bar some of the tracks from Parachutes, but they do seem like good people who do the right thing. 

To their eternal credit the version of Fight For Your Right they played live the day Adam Yauch MCA died is one of the live performances which never fails to move me. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

They are not my bag, bar some of the tracks from Parachutes, but they do seem like good people who do the right thing. 

To their eternal credit the version of Fight For Your Right they played live the day Adam Yauch MCA died is one of the live performances which never fails to move me. 

Or the dedication to viola beach ... can’t knock these guys IMO ...and I quite like my cheesy pop 🙂 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I think the concept people are going to sit in and watch this live stream vs actually going out in any great numbers is laughable 

There are 38642 pubs in the UK. Even if we assume they have all survived and reopen that weekend, with an average regular capacity of 150, so COVID-safe let's say 75 - that's space for nearly 3 million people in pubs. Or roughly 4% of the UK population.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

There are 38642 pubs in the UK. Even if we assume they have all survived and reopen that weekend, with an average regular capacity of 150, so COVID-safe let's say 75 - that's space for nearly 3 million people in pubs. Or roughly 4% of the UK population.

But the other 96 % all watch Eurovision don’t they ? 😀

20 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Apparently their new album is influenced very much  by Appetite for Destruction.

They have done the Indie phase , Brian Cox phase, Les Misérables phase  so bring it on

2 hours ago, sisco said:

i kind of agree, but then i have to say that they get a lot of hatred because they're shit 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, sisco said:

This is spot on. Like them or not they’re a big part of the history of the festival now, in a positive way. Martin wrote to Mendip Council when it looked like they weren’t going to issue a licence in 2002. I’m pretty sure I remember them donating their fee and taking a loss once because they spent so much on the stage show. They’ve played a part in getting a lot of other big acts to the Farm as well. It’s one thing not liking them but moaning because they’re doing something like this for free is insane.

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

i kind of agree, but then i have to say that they get a lot of hatred because they're shit 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

amazing that Coldplay are happy to undo all the good they've done behind the scenes by performing absolutely shite songs.

It’s oh so cool to jump on the Coldplay are shit bandwagon isn’t it?  They may not be to your liking or fit in with the music snobbery that is very obvious with many efest members, but that does not mean they are shit.

Have to say I think they are great - love their music, they put on an amazing live show and seem to be all round good guys.  But then that’s not a cool point of view is it?

35 minutes ago, NinjaaaaaDuck said:

It’s oh so cool to jump on the Coldplay are shit bandwagon isn’t it?  They may not be to your liking or fit in with the music snobbery that is very obvious with many efest members, but that does not mean they are shit.

Have to say I think they are great - love their music, they put on an amazing live show and seem to be all round good guys.  But then that’s not a cool point of view is it?

I guess that full pyramid field every time they play tells a different story too ... 

5 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Was thinking about driving down to Glastonbury Tor on Sunday and wandering the festival site, is that allowed at the moment? I know posters on here have they they have done it before.

No you're still not allowed on the site sadly. As far as I'm aware, someone local will confirm... @deebeedoobee