Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not personally criticising it. Just saying I probably won't bother with the stream as the bands don't interest me and I have no idea what I'm doing that weekend. Fair point that I could just buy to donate and maybe I will, but it just doesn't excite me. Wish em well though!

I just think there's a fair few people trying to throw anything against this to put it down. The same people who are saying it shouldn't be on this date because of Eurovision are the same people saying 'how dare they put this on the date where we can go to our pub'. 

I'm surprised they've not said 'you own it for x days after purchase' 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I just think there's a fair few people trying to throw anything against this to put it down. The same people who are saying it shouldn't be on this date because of Eurovision are the same people saying 'how dare they put this on the date where we can go to our pub'. 

I'm surprised they've not said 'you own it for x days after purchase' 

You can watch Eurovision in the pub - they throw big parties and stuff I believe. People love it.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

You can watch Eurovision in the pub - they throw big parties and stuff I believe. People love it.

There's still going to be restrictions that weekend. You have to 'book' a 2 hour slot and pubs are still closing at 10:30pm. 

Its not going to be big parties where everyone is dressed up hanging around the bar until the 'SPECIAL LATE NIGHT EUROVISION OPENING 2AM' like it would normally. 

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not personally criticising it. Just saying I probably won't bother with the stream as the bands don't interest me and I have no idea what I'm doing that weekend. Fair point that I could just buy to donate and maybe I will, but it just doesn't excite me. Wish em well though!

This. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

There's still going to be restrictions that weekend. You have to 'book' a 2 hour slot and pubs are still closing at 10:30pm. 

Its not going to be big parties where everyone is dressed up hanging around the bar until the 'SPECIAL LATE NIGHT EUROVISION OPENING 2AM' like it would normally. 

The guide I posted on the last page said 'no curfews' (however, I am already exhausting my Eurovision knowledge; though I do know an interesting fact about ABBA's Waterloo costumes: "the band's style was influenced in part by laws that allowed the cost of outfits to be deducted against tax – so long as the costumes were so outrageous they could not possibly be worn on the street").

35 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I like most of the bands but whether I watch or not will depend on how we're looking for the summer. If insurance has been underwritten I'll watch it, if things aren't looking good after cancellations etc I'll donate because of the causes but not watch as I'm getting to the point of live music being a bit painful to watch 

26 minutes ago, Homer said:

TBF, I'd possibly consider going to one at the moment!

24 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Even after a year of hardly seeing anyone I'm still not that desperate!

Eurovision's great, even if you don't want to watch the admittedly largely shite music, the new voting system they introduce a few years back results in one of the great TV moments of the year. Just tune in for the last 45 minutes when the shit hits the (over dressed) fan.

54 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I just don’t get this.

After more than a year of sitting inside, does this guy really think people are going to stay in and watch a live stream instead of going to a pub/club/gig?!

Surely if anybody misses out on potential revenue, it’s Glasto themselves? 

Yup. Not everyone will be vaxxed by then, promoters are very worried about hesitancy and frankly it's being reflected in ticket sales. 

I know plenty of people on here are convinced that people want to do anything as soon as they possibly can to get out of the house, but live events tend to work on very small margins, socially distanced ones even more so, and hesitancy is a big issue for promoters right now. The scene won't work if even 10% of the people that used to go to stuff stop.

I don't think the date is a coincidence either - it's also when outdoor venues for 4000 people are allowed to open. I imagine they'll be looking at some sort of audience but waiting until a bit closer to see if that's possible or not. Or it was planned to be with an audience and they've recently been told no.

I really don’t think the fact that this clashes with opening up small events or Eurovision makes any difference. Not everyone will feel confident about going out without 2 jabs or even 1, venues will be limited numbers ( if road map goes to plan ) and if you want to see a live band or your mates down the pub or have a Eurovision party ( or watch it on iplayer later) that’s fine - you can make your choice. I don’t see why everyone has to be so grumpy about it. Watch or don’t watch it. Am hoping there will be a limited re-watch option so if there was a gig I really want to go to on 22nd then I could do both ( if it was outside and socially distanced) but I can’t see people not going out if they really want to. it isn’t back to normal times anyway at that point. I am not planning on going out anywhere really crowded until I have my 2nd jab on 1st June anyway. 
I know I’d rather be on the farm in person so will need to wait til 22 but happy to watch something different in the meantime. 

36 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Eurovision's great, even if you don't want to watch the admittedly largely shite music, the new voting system they introduce a few years back results in one of the great TV moments of the year. Just tune in for the last 45 minutes when the shit hits the (over dressed) fan.

Bingo.  It's worth watching just to have a decent chuckle at some of the performances (there's usually at least a couple of proper wtf moments). Graham Norton has, I think, picked up admirably from where Wogan left off, and the votes are pure shits and giggles.

Last place I want to be in pubs on the first weekend they are open. Ticket bought, looking forward to it. Positive vibes, good for them for coming up with something to support the staff and the charities.

It’s been a tough time for the arts and they’ve used the weight of their brand to do some good. I’m sure it will be entertaining too. If it isn’t, it still supports some jobs. 

Not particularly bothered about the stream, will watch a bit but ticket and poster purchased to support.

Also, I think the idea that everyone is going to dash out to enclosed events as soon as they are allowed is probably is little off. A lot of people will be more apprehensive. 

9 minutes ago, sedra said:

I really don’t think the fact that this clashes with opening up small events or Eurovision makes any difference. Not everyone will feel confident about going out without 2 jabs or even 1, venues will be limited numbers ( if road map goes to plan ) and if you want to see a live band or your mates down the pub or have a Eurovision party ( or watch it on iplayer later) that’s fine - you can make your choice. I don’t see why everyone has to be so grumpy about it. Watch or don’t watch it. Am hoping there will be a limited re-watch option so if there was a gig I really want to go to on 22nd then I could do both ( if it was outside and socially distanced) but I can’t see people not going out if they really want to. it isn’t back to normal times anyway at that point. I am not planning on going out anywhere really crowded until I have my 2nd jab on 1st June anyway. 
I know I’d rather be on the farm in person so will need to wait til 22 but happy to watch something different in the meantime. 

Gigs and comedy were both v busy in my experience last time they were allowed to open in my experience (a lot were sold out/full). I can't see it being any worse after six months shut and us being in a much better position now.

Pretty unambiguous stuff there, innit. 

"This livestream will not be available on-demand after it has taken place, and with no audience permitted to be there either, the only way to be part of this amazing experience will be to purchase tickets."

3 hours ago, paulshane said:

I'm grabbing the ticket and poster, I want to support the festival, plus, poster! 🙂

I'm on the fence with watching live streams though, even for bands I love, sometimes theres no spark, but if the weather is good I might spin up the projector in the garden and have a few beers.

edit: for anyone interested, poster deliveries will be from 10th May according to my receipt.

Depends who’s doing the merch delivery I guess ... if it’s the usual sandbag ... I’d give a little leeway 🙂