Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

5 minutes ago, Brazzers said:

Come on, don't be so cheap!

You're not exactly doing the festival a favour here, if you want to ditch your ticket someone else will snap it up. In fact, why don't you do that?

Yeah I didn't think before I commented. Said completely the wrong thing and of course I will be paying it. I know, dont really know why I said it, sorry if I offended anyone.

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeah I didn't think before I commented. Said completely the wrong thing and of course I will be paying it. I know, dont really know why I said it, sorry if I offended anyone.

Don't worry we all make mistakes. I forgot to wear pants today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foolee said:

These sort of live streams don't do anything for me, I'd rather pay to watch a new band when live gigs are back or buy some merch to support them for £20

Same. Some abysmal acts in there too. Paying to see Haim and Wolf Alice is grim.

Better than nothing I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Seems a bit churlish to criticise them for arranging the stream for the first weekend the boozers/clubs/venues in the UK might be open. 

This isn't just for a UK audience. Surely we don't want everyone heading out out the first weekend after lockdown. 

It is a strange choice of date though, especially if they are wanting to raise as much money as possible. Waiting until the first weekend indoor venues are allowed to reopen, clashing with the biggest tv/music event in the world (Eurovision).

I almost certainly won't be watching on the day, but happy to chip in and hopefully be able to watch a replay on the sunday. Decent enough lineup, and I'm sure there will be some other nice surprises.

15 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Seems a bit churlish to criticise them for arranging the stream for the first weekend the boozers/clubs/venues in the UK might be open. 

This isn't just for a UK audience. Surely we don't want everyone heading out out the first weekend after lockdown. 

We may not want it, but after months of being locked up that it what a lot of people are going to do. I take your point about the global audience but I would bet 13p that 90%+ of the interested audience will be UK-based. 

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coldplay are the ones I don’t see coming back, certainly not as headliners. Even by GF standards it feels too soon for them - there have only been two festivals since they last headlined.

Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest to see them pop up somewhere in some capacity though.

I see them at Pilton party instead 

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Maybe the timing is slightly off, but this could be due to restrictions in what they could do within the guidelines. 

Those tweets are also completely missing the fact that as part of this they are donating money to the usual charities and to Stagehand who are supporting stage crew affected by the pandemic. 

10 minutes ago, incident said:

For all I know, that might be entirely accurate.

But it really does feel like it should be wrong.

Had to google it now (was sure I'd read something somewhere!)

I can see references to it being both the biggest non-sporting tv event in the world, and the biggest live music event in the world.

Everyone saying it could of been done a week earlier or on a different weekend clearly don't understand its bloody hard to get a bunch of artists to appear at a farm on the a random weekend not in June. 

From Emily's interview it sounds like the performances are going to be all over the farm and then a performance will end and cameras will go through the farm to the next area where the next act will perform. Its not just 'Bunch of bands on a stage for 5 hours'. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Everyone saying it could of been done a week earlier or on a different weekend clearly don't understand its bloody hard to get a bunch of artists to appear at a farm on the a random weekend not in June. 

From Emily's interview it sounds like the performances are going to be all over the farm and then a performance will end and cameras will go through the farm to the next area where the next act will perform. Its not just 'Bunch of bands on a stage for 5 hours'. 

I suspect they are being governed by the same guidelines as other venues as well so probably couldn't have done it any earlier. In reality I imagine they did try to consider other venues which is why they didn't do it in June when everything is properly open. How many venues can really be doing anything that would make them a profit in May. It sometimes feels like people just want to criticise everything. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I suspect they are being governed by the same guidelines as other venues as well so probably couldn't have done it any earlier. In reality I imagine they did try to consider other venues which is why they didn't do it in June when everything is properly open. How many venues can really be doing anything that would make them a profit in May. It sometimes feels like people just want to criticise everything. 

I think I'm just surprised from a forum about the festival, from so many people who have trusted this festival with giving them many without a line up for many, many years. To give £20 to the festival to help them and their charities is great, we also get music too. 

If Glastonbury had just put out a 'we need help, please donate to us' There would of been people on here who would have put in more than £20 who are not choosing to watch this live stream. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I think I'm just surprised from a forum about the festival, from so many people who have trusted this festival with giving them many without a line up for many, many years. To give £20 to the festival to help them and their charities is great, we also get music too. 

If Glastonbury had just put out a 'we need help, please donate to us' There would of been people on here who would have put in more than £20 who are not choosing to watch this live stream. 

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not personally criticising it. Just saying I probably won't bother with the stream as the bands don't interest me and I have no idea what I'm doing that weekend. Fair point that I could just buy to donate and maybe I will, but it just doesn't excite me. Wish em well though!

37 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I just don’t get this.

After more than a year of sitting inside, does this guy really think people are going to stay in and watch a live stream instead of going to a pub/club/gig?!

Surely if anybody misses out on potential revenue, it’s Glasto themselves? 

10 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Because I won't been out properly for six months by this date.