Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What would have been nice (yes they have to make money) but giving ticket holders free or cheaper access for us keeping our money in the festival. I don’t know but I’m very underwhelmed. 

It’s a fundraising event dude. When you say “keeping your money in the festival” it’s not like you’ve made a donation, you’re getting first dibs on a ticket in return. 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

From what they've said, this is going to be much more than artists 'playing to an empty field'. I'm happy to throw them twenty quid for this. I'm sure there'll be plenty of poignant connections to the farm.

May 22nd is start of the build up to Glastobury 2022 and we love to see it.

I wonder if they'll give more info about that stuff in the lead-up. Could be interesting.

At the moment I just don't know what I'll be doing that weekend so don't want to commit to it given the acts don't interest me. Totally get it's for charity but I think I would rather donate directly to the charities (and might!) than buy a ticket for something I won't watch.

Happy for those excited and hope it raises some money! 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I wonder if they'll give more info about that stuff in the lead-up. Could be interesting.

At the moment I just don't know what I'll be doing that weekend so don't want to commit to it given the acts don't interest me. Totally get it's for charity but I think I would rather donate directly to the charities (and might!) than buy a ticket for something I won't watch.

Happy for those excited and hope it raises some money! 

This. I've not been in a comedy club or a gig at all, or a pub on a Saturday night since December. The last thing I want to do is sit at home watching my laptop.

41 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As I said elsewhere the prospect of paying 20 notes to watch a livestream of acts performing to an empty doesn’t really appeal, but I hope it’s a success. 

This is how I am with it, this event isn’t for me but I hope it does well. 

What’s also worth noting is that acts willing to give their time for this will almost certainly be looked on favourably when booking for next year. I’d expect to see most of these on the lineup next summer.

I’d be surprised if nobody has at least asked Damon “so are you and the rest of the lads doing anything next summer?”

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

What’s also worth noting is that acts willing to give their time for this will almost certainly be looked on favourably when booking for next year. I’d expect to see most of these on the lineup next summer.

I’d be surprised if nobody has at least asked Damon “so are you and the rest of the lads doing anything next summer?”

'Brilliant, I'll get on the blower to Jamie Hewlett and Mick Jones now!'

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coldplay to headline 2022? Would soften the blow for the ticketless!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Coldplay to headline 2022? Would soften the blow for the ticketless!

Coldplay are the ones I don’t see coming back, certainly not as headliners. Even by GF standards it feels too soon for them - there have only been two festivals since they last headlined.

Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest to see them pop up somewhere in some capacity though.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coldplay are the ones I don’t see coming back, certainly not as headliners. Even by GF standards it feels too soon for them - there have only been two festivals since they last headlined.

Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest to see them pop up somewhere in some capacity though.

Haven't they quit touring? Or are they still doing festivals then?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Meh. 2016 feels like a lifetime ago given everything that’s happened since. If they put out another album by next summer they’ve got to be firmly in the frame.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Haven't they quit touring? Or are they still doing festivals then?

They said they wouldn’t be touring until they could find a way to make it environmentally friendly. They said this just before flying out to Jordan to launch their album, though, so I think it was probably actually because their last album wasn’t very stadium-friendly.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

It's a funny one. I'm really glad that they are doing something and I'd be happy to donate some money to the frame and the charities. It's just that it's a Saturday when we can all go out and do things again. I would have loved this in Feb/March/Early April but I'm not going to spend a Saturday night in watching yet another livestream when I could be out having dinner or seeing friends in the pub. I would happily buy a ticket if I could watch it back on a quiet Tues evening though. 

9 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Meh. 2016 feels like a lifetime ago given everything that’s happened since. If they put out another album by next summer they’ve got to be firmly in the frame.

Yeah it does. Be nice to get them out of the way with next year when I most likely won't be there! Can they chuck Muse on too?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What would have been nice (yes they have to make money) but giving ticket holders free or cheaper access for us keeping our money in the festival. I don’t know but I’m very underwhelmed. 

Come on, don't be so cheap!

You're not exactly doing the festival a favour here, if you want to ditch your ticket someone else will snap it up. In fact, why don't you do that?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brazzers said:

Come on, don't be so cheap!

You're not exactly doing the festival a favour here, if you want to ditch your ticket someone else will snap it up. In fact, why don't you do that?

Do something with that avatar, eh? Even I get confused.

Any way... I'm a fair bit more interested now I've heard the Emily interview.