Live at Worthy Farm

Hugh Jass

Yes watching gigs at home doesn't work for me at all as I have 2 crazy dogs who I swear can sense that I want them to just chill and be quiet and so become barking bellends but I am assuming this is being done to raise money for the charities so even if I can't even watch it properly I'll buy a ticket. 

I'm grabbing the ticket and poster, I want to support the festival, plus, poster! 🙂

I'm on the fence with watching live streams though, even for bands I love, sometimes theres no spark, but if the weather is good I might spin up the projector in the garden and have a few beers.

edit: for anyone interested, poster deliveries will be from 10th May according to my receipt.

Edited by paulshane

£20 to support the festival and Oxfam/Greenpeace/Wateraid (who I’m sure are feeling it from the cancelled festivals) is a no brainer really. The event is almost secondary, but I get the sense it’ll be a very cool and unique streamed event and not the usual gubbins.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Undecided. 2 acts I'd see if it was the actual festival but I want to support them given the year round joy the festival gives me. 

I was hoping it was going to be on the BBC, maybe with requests for donations to the 3 charities.

Is it actually going to be live? I thought that till I read the bit about being filmed across the site.

Also with no fence etc up, there's going to need to be some security in place to stop people wandering about the site 

Well keen for this. Have paid £10+ to see a couple of bands live streams already in lockdown so £20 for all this plus supporting the festival and charities seems more than fair 

Looking forward to idles and Chris Martin combining for an acoustic performance of Rottweiler from the stone circle ha 

13 minutes ago, paulshane said:

I'm grabbing the ticket and poster, I want to support the festival, plus, poster! 🙂

I'm on the fence with watching live streams though, even for bands I love, sometimes theres no spark, but if the weather is good I might spin up the projector in the garden and have a few beers.

edit: for anyone interested, poster deliveries will be from 10th May according to my receipt.

same here. Supporting the festival and the charity partners. Why not? The live stream has got to be better than bloody eurovision! Realise that if money is tight then it might not be a good investment, but otherwise isn't this why we are all on this forum. We love Glastonbury and want to support and protect it?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Is it actually going to be live? I thought that till I read the bit about being filmed across the site.

Also with no fence etc up, there's going to need to be some security in place to stop people wandering about the site 

the streams are broadcast at roughly the exact same times in different timezones, eg, 7PM in the states AND 7PM here, so here might be live, but the other streams will not, unless the bands all do multiple sets in a row for every timezone? Seems a bit of a stretch though 🙂

My money is on pre recorded in the week(s) previously with live (for the UK stream) bits on the farm which will be rebroadcast for everyone else. Note that countries ahead of us on timezones are getting a later broadcast, eg AUS and NZ

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What would have been nice (yes they have to make money) but giving ticket holders free or cheaper access for us keeping our money in the festival. I don’t know but I’m very underwhelmed. 

It’s only £20! Also they’re already giving you guaranteed tickets for 2022, what more do you want 😂 I’ll swap if you like 😉 

• Like 1

From what they've said, this is going to be much more than artists 'playing to an empty field'. I'm happy to throw them twenty quid for this. I'm sure there'll be plenty of poignant connections to the farm.

May 22nd is start of the build up to Glastobury 2022 and we love to see it.