Jump to content

Rock Werchter 2022


JSmurphy
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

In case Metallica can't make it and considering that they probably won't find a decent replacement in such a short notice, I think it would be a smart move to put Moderat on the main stage to close the day. At least everyone will get a nice party. Their show would certainly be better indoors but under these circumstances...

I also hope that they'll notify ticket holders no later than Thursday with a refund for the 1-day ticket holders. Because it's fair and because you don't want angry Metallica fans in the festivalpark.

Let's hope so. I don't even mind them but GVF being given more time to headline is the worst possible outcome, no way they can pad that show out with their current catalogue. They're already being given 15 minutes less than 2019. 

Frankly as a weekend ticket holder I'll be a bit pissed off if we don't get something back from Metallica not playing. That's an enormous blow to the ticket value on top of FNM, QOTSA and Fender already having not really been given appropriate replacements. Even if it's just some free bar tokens it's better than nothing. As you say, no way they can find a decent replacement in time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Let's hope so. I don't even mind them but GVF being given more time to headline is the worst possible outcome, no way they can pad that show out with their current catalogue. They're already being given 15 minutes less than 2019. 

Frankly as a weekend ticket holder I'll be a bit pissed off if we don't get something back from Metallica not playing. That's an enormous blow to the ticket value on top of FNM, QOTSA and Fender already having not really been given appropriate replacements. Even if it's just some free bar tokens it's better than nothing. As you say, no way they can find a decent replacement in time.

I totally agree! As for GVF...what can I say. If they become headliners I guess (after IDLES) we 'll just set camp at the Barn for the rest of day with a couple of visits to the Slope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The day has arrived! Finally!!! Safe travels everyone and get ready to get wet especially if you plan to see Pixies 😉 (heavy rain is expected between 17:00-19:00 and moderate 15:00-20:00). We 'll have a great one! 

2 hours ago, branvan said:

does anybody know: when do gates open and are you allowed to bring a small backpacker to the festival site? 

12:00 and yes

Edited by Floyd_Ams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Taken us two hours and we still haven't left the airport 😅

We're still on the coach that picked us up in brum at 7pm yesterday. Dying

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, branvan said:

does anybody know: when do gates open and are you allowed to bring a small backpacker to the festival site? 

Gates at 12, you can bring a bag onto the site but no alcohol, can always sneak some in though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Tom 1812 said:

Does anyone know where you can withdraw cash with a UK card in Leuven? Couldn't find an ATM that would accept and cash back wouldn't work for me either 😞

There are ATMs at the station. I used a UK card this morning. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2022 at 12:39 PM, e2p2 said:

I think I talked to one guy from Royal Blood in the queues to the flight to Brussels (I didn't ask..). If that's them, he told me he think they are playing tomorrow in Werchter but I look for their tour and it said that they're supposed to play in Poland tomorrow. Anyway, I looked in RW website for the pictures of everyone that plays tomorrow but none of them looked like the guys I spoke to.

edit:can't get rid of the emoji😎

Spotted these guys again, they aren't Royal Blood for sure, sorry about that.

Edited by e2p2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RHCP cancelled Glasgow tonight due to “illness”. Might be worth keeping an eye on, at least if they don’t turn up you have a definite headliner in The Killers on the same day at least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing first day despite some rain - us Brits should be used to that by now! Saw almost everyone we wanted to see but Klub was full for Cigarettes so we watched First Aid Kit who were great. Pearl Jam absolutely tore the roof off and I doubt anything else will come close for us. Roll on the rest of the weekend in the sun shine! 

This festival puts all others we've been to to shame in terms of how easy and available everything is, going to spoil us on others! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn, I already spent way too much time refreshing twitter to check if Metallica is going to play. Now I have to again lol

Cigarettes after sex were half empty after 10 minutes, I think security should tell people to go forward and not just stand in the back. They won't let you through like they have some amazing place but then you pass the first 10 or so rows and you have enough space to run around. I hate that on the stages with only one entrance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Damn, I already spent way too much time refreshing twitter to check if Metallica is going to play. Now I have to again lol

Cigarettes after sex were half empty after 10 minutes, I think security should tell people to go forward and not just stand in the back. They won't let you through like they have some amazing place but then you pass the first 10 or so rows and you have enough space to run around. I hate that on the stages with only one entrance 

We found that several times in The Barn yeah, it's so strange. We arrived a little late for Cigarettes and there was a pile of people outside trying to get out of the rain, then it really came down and everyone broke into a run to the Barn 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...