Jump to content

Rock Werchter 2022


JSmurphy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, BenG92 said:

Sure, but that's Werchter - looking at Pinkpop I'm not convinced that Volbeat were originally planned. Metallica/PJ/ID headliners, 21P/Royal Blood/QOTSA subs and then bands like Nightwish and Nothing But Thieves below. Neither QOTSA nor Volbeat belong next to those. 

I am just relating what was said in Festileaks forum. I think the theory is really plausible, so that's why I mentionned it here. But we'll probably never know ! 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Weeknd would make sense and as it can sold-out 2 times SportPaleis (20k) and said he wanted to do bigger shows (stadium) to offer a better show to the fans, he could do it at Werchter. And Maroon 5 as sub? They put Gorillaz and Stromae on the same day so that could be possible too.

About the debate QOTSA / TOP, their success are quite similar right now I think. It can sound weird because QOTSA are way older but both can fit as headliner on every festivals.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, polnico said:

Looking at was is said in the Festileaks forum, Volbeat isn't really a "replacement" per se. They were almost certainly already booked for that day, and since they were unnanounced, easy to bump them up and call them the replacement for QOTSA, while also signing a smaller act that is the actual replacement of QOTSA. So in the end, using the same scheme as Werchter, but with "the unnanounced band" trick additionally.

This is of course all rumours, but it sounds really plausible to me.

And also not really a big announcement, this cancellation. True story about Volbeat though, they were already booked but the festivals promotors knew already for a long time that there were troubles with qotsa. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

And also not really a big announcement, this cancellation. True story about Volbeat though, they were already booked but the festivals promotors knew already for a long time that there were troubles with qotsa. 

Still not what I would call „fair play“. If the organizers know a big artist cancelled, they shouldn‘t continue to sell tickets with their name.

Mad Cool still doesn‘t bother to communicate about this until now.

Edited by Karlos12345
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Still not what I would call „fair play“. If the organizers know a big artist cancelled, they shouldn‘t continue to sell tickets with their name.

Mad Cool still doesn‘t bother to communicate about this until now.

True story… 

there will change a lot of things at mad Cool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

Can you expand a little? Band names? location? Something bigger/scarier?

I suppose he's hinting at other names cancelling besides QOTSA. He already implied the QOTSA cancel has been known for a while internally, so I imagine it also being the case for other major names. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I suppose he's hinting at other names cancelling besides QOTSA. He already implied the QOTSA cancel has been known for a while internally, so I imagine it also being the case for other major names. 

I actually think he means a lot will change for Mad Cool in the long, in the coming years, as he's replying to a message about MC being MC again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BenG92 said:

There isn't one mate, the lineup's finished. Greta Van Fleet were bumped up. Pretty shocking really. 

Even more shocking that Pinkpop just replaced them with Volbeat and Mad Cool will surely bring someone else in in their place. 

Pretty disappointing if that’s the case. Remember them replacing Foo Fighters with another headliner 2 weeks (!) before the festival. The worst thing is that Greta is headlining now for some reason. They were dreadful last time.

Its Moderat and not much else for us then. Looking forward to them though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, misterplow said:

Pretty disappointing if that’s the case. Remember them replacing Foo Fighters with another headliner 2 weeks (!) before the festival. The worst thing is that Greta is headlining now for some reason. They were dreadful last time.

Its Moderat and not much else for us then. Looking forward to them though.

For my sins I do like Metallica and wanna see them once before I die, so sadly Moderat is a clash for me. Biggest disappointment after the 3 cancellations but hey, festivals have clashes. Thankfully I'm doing Primavera too so I won't miss Beck and Turnstile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the time quickly, my doubts are:

TWOD or Black Pumas ?
Greta Van Fleet or ALT-J ?
Lewis Capaldi or Sam Fender?

I also don't agree with certain things about the schedule, it should be like this:

Moderat at the end of the Metallica concert
Bicep at the end of the ID concerts
Lost Frequency at the end of the RHCP concert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Looking at the time quickly, my doubts are:

TWOD or Black Pumas ?
Greta Van Fleet or ALT-J ?
Lewis Capaldi or Sam Fender?

I also don't agree with certain things about the schedule, it should be like this:

Moderat at the end of the Metallica concert
Bicep at the end of the ID concerts
Lost Frequency at the end of the RHCP concert

Hey! Have exactly the same clashes!
We're going to do Black Pumas (maybe not fully) then final of TWOD, ALT J (they are a blast in the Barn, uncomparable with their mainnstage set), Sam Fender (because he'll be huge later and seeing him in the barn will be amazing). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I also don't agree with certain things about the schedule, it should be like this:

Bicep at the end of the ID concerts

No, because what do we do until then? 😂  It would be nicer though if they'd swapped Bicep with Jamie xx to close the night with a nice party. 

A big clash for me is Airbourne vs Fontaines D.C.

I don't get why Airbourne is so early on the first day (a lot of people won't be inside the festival park yet) and playing only for 40'. They are much bigger than this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pigital said:

Hey! Have exactly the same clashes!
We're going to do Black Pumas (maybe not fully) then final of TWOD, ALT J (they are a blast in the Barn, uncomparable with their mainnstage set), Sam Fender (because he'll be huge later and seeing him in the barn will be amazing). 

It's my first time, but from what I'm repairing The Barn stage, one person "feels" the bands more. I think my picks will be TWOD , ALT-J and Sam Fender .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

No, because what do we do until then? 😂  It would be nicer though if they'd swapped Bicep with Jamie xx to close the night with a nice party. 

A big clash for me is Airbourne vs Fontaines D.C.

I don't get why Airbourne is so early on the first day (a lot of people won't be inside the festival park yet) and playing only for 40'. They are much bigger than this...

The question is really that "close the night" ... like you speak in Jamie XX, Jamie's performance is over and the IDs are still performing, in my opinion I would like better that at the end of the IDs we were going to see Jamie to close the night... I'm so used to NOS Alive.
But here at NOS Alive the schedule is also different, the first band starts at 5 pm and the festival closes with the last performance starting at 3 am.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that it makes more sense that an electronic act finishes the day but I think that would require main stage to be pushed earlier and that headliners would play in the daylight. I'm pretty sure there's a curfew there (or at least that's what I remember reading 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I agree that it makes more sense that an electronic act finishes the day but I think that would require main stage to be pushed earlier and that headliners would play in the daylight. I'm pretty sure there's a curfew there (or at least that's what I remember reading 😄

This having a curfew if true is epic 😄 
Is there no stage at the campsite? 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

No, because what do we do until then? 😂  It would be nicer though if they'd swapped Bicep with Jamie xx to close the night with a nice party. 

A big clash for me is Airbourne vs Fontaines D.C.

I don't get why Airbourne is so early on the first day (a lot of people won't be inside the festival park yet) and playing only for 40'. They are much bigger than this...

It's a Belgian festival, so you have to take into account a band might not be as popular over there. I remember a discussion a few years back about Wolf Alice not being in the Barn. but on the Slope stage. In the end there was plenty of room at the Slope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Airbourne is not really big for a mainstream festival or even for a rock festival. At Graspop, they have never been really high in the line-up. The biggest venue they headlined in Belgium was Trix (1100p) in Antwerp. I was expecting to see them on the Main Stage but as opener. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

It's a Belgian festival, so you have to take into account a band might not be as popular over there. I remember a discussion a few years back about Wolf Alice not being in the Barn. but on the Slope stage. In the end there was plenty of room at the Slope. 

That is true! At the same time in the previous (canceled) edition of Graspop (also in Belgium), a festival with much more competition in the rock n roll & metal genres, they were high up in the poster just before Iron Maiden (same level as Mastodon, Alter Bridge, Mercyful Fate). I guess I thought they had more appeal to a mainstream audience but I might be wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

It's a Belgian festival, so you have to take into account a band might not be as popular over there. I remember a discussion a few years back about Wolf Alice not being in the Barn. but on the Slope stage. In the end there was plenty of room at the Slope. 

Agreed, their slot felt surprising at the time but I was at the Antwerp gig a few months after and they did not even sell out the Trix Club (capacity of 450).

Their next Botanique show has been upgraded to La Madeleine though, that's good news but still striking given how big they are in the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...