Jump to content

Rock Werchter 2022


JSmurphy
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Archi said:

Same promoter. Happening at the same place. Kind of same audience sometimes. Would be so stupid from them to announce names for both of their festivals at the same time...

Agreed that announcing at the same time could be an issue, but right now none of them are announcing, and it's not like RW doesn't have anything booked yet.. I also understand that it's probably due to some kind of delay from one of the headliners, but still I expect them to have both a plan A,B,C,D and when delays start to turn into weeks, they must be able to change their announcement plan as well..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Imagine Dragons are still around, could be a suitable combination with Twenty One Pilots.

For TW Classic my guess is Bruce Springsteen + The Killers, so they can perform "Dustland" together 😉 

Whilst I think Imagine Dragons will be there (I’m sure Ken mentioned a few pages back that we’ll possibly not avoid them) the idea of them being a headliner at Werchter in a year when (potentially) Springsteen, McCartney, Gorillaz, Nick Cave, Green Day, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, The Killers, The Strokes, Muse, Foos and a whole lot more are floating around would be beyond underwhelming 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

About RW, someone know if we'll have names soon ?
I'm from Tahiti and I have 1 day Tickets (x2)  (Metallica's day ), if I can't have more names soon I have to resale my tickets and plan another festival.
I'm not a big fan of Metallica but this was the only day possible for me this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mikebat said:

About RW, someone know if we'll have names soon ?
I'm from Tahiti and I have 1 day Tickets (x2)  (Metallica's day ), if I can't have more names soon I have to resale my tickets and plan another festival.
I'm not a big fan of Metallica but this was the only day possible for me this week.

Yeah you will know a lot more soon enough.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

If you want to avoid Metallica there will probably be good alternatives in the Barn / KlubC. 
 

Really hoping we’ll get new names this week though... 
 

Yes, that's why I wait for names before resale or not my tickets..
I have to plan my holidays, and I can't wait too long now, I hope names this week or the next...
I'll be at Werchter Boutique and I'm disppointed by Gorillaz headlining (I don't like their lives ), I don't want be disappointed twice..
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Whilst I think Imagine Dragons will be there (I’m sure Ken mentioned a few pages back that we’ll possibly not avoid them) the idea of them being a headliner at Werchter in a year when (potentially) Springsteen, McCartney, Gorillaz, Nick Cave, Green Day, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, The Killers, The Strokes, Muse, Foos and a whole lot more are floating around would be beyond underwhelming 

I agree with you , if they announce Imagine Dragons with Twenty One Pilots as the Headliners of that day for that I don't even think I leave Portugal , I'll go to NOS Alive.

But the possible names you speak I only see The Killers and The Strokes ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I agree with you , if they announce Imagine Dragons with Twenty One Pilots as the Headliners of that day for that I don't even think I leave Portugal , I'll go to NOS Alive.

But the possible names you speak I only see The Killers and The Strokes ...

Yeah, most of the names I’ve mentioned are ruled out due to Graspop or other reasons, some of them wouldn’t really link well with a run of FNM - 21P before them either to be fair

Also, The Hive has just sold out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

 

Also, The Hive has just sold out 

I just added 4 The Hive tickets to my order and it's still available

EDIT:

You must've thought about The Hive RESORT. That appareantly is indeed sold out.

Edited by heti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, heti said:

I just added 4 The Hive tickets to my order and it's still available

EDIT:

You must've thought about The Hive RESORT. That appareantly is indeed sold out.

That’s the one! Sorry for any panic caused there, would help if I could read properly haha!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Blaxey said:

So, having seen the different artists that have been announced at other festivals, and with enough intrigue and doubt, what would be your line-up bet?😜

I bet Royal blood, Jorja Smith, London Grammar, Jamie Cullum, Thrice, St Vincent, The Killers, Chemical Brothers, Alt-J, Pixies, Editors, Florence and the machine.. and maybe Queen of the stone age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Blaxey said:

So, having seen the different artists that have been announced at other festivals, and with enough intrigue and doubt, what would be your line-up bet?😜

Sum 41 and Jimmy Eat World are almost dead certain  - they were to play in 2020, both have dates during RW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2021 at 10:34 PM, Hullabaloo92 said:

For TW Classic my guess is Bruce Springsteen + The Killers, so they can perform "Dustland" together 😉 

I'd forgotten they did such a collab. That would be quite something to see happen live, and Brandon has form singing with Bruce (Pinkpop in 2009 I think?) so would be cool to see the reverse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pinkpop teasing a big announcement for Monday, might be worth keeping an eye on because in the past I’ve often found Pinkpop and Werchter share a good chunk of the line up. If I’m not mistaken I think they’ve even worked together on booking bigger bands in the past (Paul McCartney in 2016 jumps to mind but Ken might be able to correct me there if I’ve got that wrong)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Pinkpop teasing a big announcement for Monday, might be worth keeping an eye on because in the past I’ve often found Pinkpop and Werchter share a good chunk of the line up. If I’m not mistaken I think they’ve even worked together on booking bigger bands in the past (Paul McCartney in 2016 jumps to mind but Ken might be able to correct me there if I’ve got that wrong)

Springsteen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...