Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

31 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

True, been saying that for years. Everyone I ever chat to from the UK says the same.

I see your point and very happy for you but I am still on a fence tbh. I dislike the hangars, tents are imho much better with a natural spillover and better crowd management. This is a big thumb down for me.

Prices for food/drinks are insane, plus the selection is underwhelming at best.

Lineup is great but I miss the small, up and coming bands which is the main reason for me coming to other UK/EU fests.

Still to early to say, it may (and likely will) grow on me but I am not sure if I am coming back next year

Edited by Ferda
Grammar :-)

20 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Anyone seen a festival shirt with the bands playing on the back like you get for all the UK festivals? We couldn't see any like that at merch 

I've asked at merch shop and was told they don't have anything with lineup. But merch is quite a chaos, so might be wrong. Having said that, I haven't seen any T-shirt like that

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Anyone seen a festival shirt with the bands playing on the back like you get for all the UK festivals? We couldn't see any like that at merch 

In the past, the only place that sold anything like that was a stall inside of Camping A1 which I always found mental because we always camped at the Hive and weren’t permitted to enter. No idea if they still do it, but if you want one that’s where you’ll find one

• Upvote 1

Turnstile were absolutely phenomenal, pit at front left was non-stop. Hope I can watch highlights back online and see myself moshing like a loon. So so proud of them for how big they've become. Highlight of the day, maybe the weekend. 

Metallica were good but - and I'm sure someone will tell me my hearing is just bad - Lars seemed all over the place. I know he's a meme but c'mon.

19 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Turnstile were absolutely phenomenal, pit at front left was non-stop. Hope I can watch highlights back online and see myself moshing like a loon. So so proud of them for how big they've become. Highlight of the day, maybe the weekend. 

Metallica were good but - and I'm sure someone will tell me my hearing is just bad - Lars seemed all over the place. I know he's a meme but c'mon.

Turnstile were great plus it was a lot of fun to watch reactions of the crowd in the beginning of their set 🙂

Lars was OK imho but they put him on purpose a bit behind in the mix plus changed a few arrangements to make some sections easier to play. I am not a drummer myself but it sounds like that to me here and there during the set, especially when tempo changes drastically. Btw, band was much tighter and better sounding than in Prague week ago, Kirk pretty much stole this one. 

Edited by Ferda

Just now, Padjeq said:

Pit system is so sick

Yeah we absolutely love it, you can rock up as the previous band finishes and get into the front no issue at all, went for Pearl Jam and Turnstile and was too tired to go back for Metallica 😅 also waltzed in for Haim quite late which I thought was wild but maybe they aren't that big here? They put on a great show though

7 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Not seen any and been to most toilets. Bit weird they haven't. We bring in hand san anyway though 

Thanks! Yeah, it's weird. I forgot mine in the camp today, hence the question. Eventually I found out you can desinfect your hands at medics tent 😉