Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

The day has arrived! Finally!!! Safe travels everyone and get ready to get wet especially if you plan to see Pixies 😉 (heavy rain is expected between 17:00-19:00 and moderate 15:00-20:00). We 'll have a great one! 

2 hours ago, branvan said:

does anybody know: when do gates open and are you allowed to bring a small backpacker to the festival site? 

12:00 and yes

Edited by Floyd_Ams

On 6/29/2022 at 12:39 PM, e2p2 said:

I think I talked to one guy from Royal Blood in the queues to the flight to Brussels (I didn't ask..). If that's them, he told me he think they are playing tomorrow in Werchter but I look for their tour and it said that they're supposed to play in Poland tomorrow. Anyway, I looked in RW website for the pictures of everyone that plays tomorrow but none of them looked like the guys I spoke to.

edit:can't get rid of the emoji😎

Spotted these guys again, they aren't Royal Blood for sure, sorry about that.

Edited by e2p2

Amazing first day despite some rain - us Brits should be used to that by now! Saw almost everyone we wanted to see but Klub was full for Cigarettes so we watched First Aid Kit who were great. Pearl Jam absolutely tore the roof off and I doubt anything else will come close for us. Roll on the rest of the weekend in the sun shine! 

This festival puts all others we've been to to shame in terms of how easy and available everything is, going to spoil us on others! 

Damn, I already spent way too much time refreshing twitter to check if Metallica is going to play. Now I have to again lol

Cigarettes after sex were half empty after 10 minutes, I think security should tell people to go forward and not just stand in the back. They won't let you through like they have some amazing place but then you pass the first 10 or so rows and you have enough space to run around. I hate that on the stages with only one entrance 

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Damn, I already spent way too much time refreshing twitter to check if Metallica is going to play. Now I have to again lol

Cigarettes after sex were half empty after 10 minutes, I think security should tell people to go forward and not just stand in the back. They won't let you through like they have some amazing place but then you pass the first 10 or so rows and you have enough space to run around. I hate that on the stages with only one entrance 

We found that several times in The Barn yeah, it's so strange. We arrived a little late for Cigarettes and there was a pile of people outside trying to get out of the rain, then it really came down and everyone broke into a run to the Barn 😁

18 minutes ago, djd4 said:

I've seen some people walking around with pint sized beer cups. Where is pouring those?

One of the places is right across the entrance of KlubC (around the corner from the merch stand).

What a performance by Pearl Jam yesterday! Probably the only band of their magnitude that is so consistently good every single time I’ve seen them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

This festival puts all others we've been to to shame in terms of how easy and available everything is, going to spoil us on others! 

True, been saying that for years. Everyone I ever chat to from the UK says the same.