Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

14 minutes ago, neatneatneat said:

Anyone hazarding a guess as to dates for 2023? With TW Classic a week earlier than this year does that mean Werchter could be   21 a 25/6?

Probably have Boutique in the weekend after Classic and then RW from 29 onwards. Unless there is a big headliner that needs them to move dates.

Fuck. Really terrible news. Can't see them managing to play Friday and surely RW can't pull a decent replacement in that quickly.

I guess the smallest silver lining is that I actually did wanna watch Moderat originally before they clashed.

I'm less hopeful but I guess that's better than outright cancelling already. Why couldn't it have been Imagine Dragons 😂

Not sure what they're going to do if they can't play though, that's a looooot of people who won't in the a tent for Moderat

I think I talked to one guy from Royal Blood in the queues to the flight to Brussels (I didn't ask..). If that's them, he told me he think they are playing tomorrow in Werchter but I look for their tour and it said that they're supposed to play in Poland tomorrow. Anyway, I looked in RW website for the pictures of everyone that plays tomorrow but none of them looked like the guys I spoke to.

edit:can't get rid of the emoji😎

Edited by e2p2

Sam is my girlfriend's favourite act, but we've seen him 3 times. If this means Turnstile (who we've never seen) and IDLES (her other favourite act, who we've seen twice but both times surrounded by utter dickheads) are now clash free, then that's my silver lining.

Guess we'll listen to Charles in the car on the way to the airport at 2am! 

Do recommend people check out Moderat now in case Metallica can't make it, dancey act but a bit different. Will be there if the choice is them or GVF I think

• Like 1

In case Metallica can't make it and considering that they probably won't find a decent replacement in such a short notice, I think it would be a smart move to put Moderat on the main stage to close the day. At least everyone will get a nice party. Their show would certainly be better indoors but under these circumstances...

I also hope that they'll notify ticket holders no later than Thursday with a refund for the 1-day ticket holders. Because it's fair and because you don't want angry Metallica fans in the festivalpark.

5 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

In case Metallica can't make it and considering that they probably won't find a decent replacement in such a short notice, I think it would be a smart move to put Moderat on the main stage to close the day. At least everyone will get a nice party. Their show would certainly be better indoors but under these circumstances...

I also hope that they'll notify ticket holders no later than Thursday with a refund for the 1-day ticket holders. Because it's fair and because you don't want angry Metallica fans in the festivalpark.

Let's hope so. I don't even mind them but GVF being given more time to headline is the worst possible outcome, no way they can pad that show out with their current catalogue. They're already being given 15 minutes less than 2019. 

Frankly as a weekend ticket holder I'll be a bit pissed off if we don't get something back from Metallica not playing. That's an enormous blow to the ticket value on top of FNM, QOTSA and Fender already having not really been given appropriate replacements. Even if it's just some free bar tokens it's better than nothing. As you say, no way they can find a decent replacement in time.

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Let's hope so. I don't even mind them but GVF being given more time to headline is the worst possible outcome, no way they can pad that show out with their current catalogue. They're already being given 15 minutes less than 2019. 

Frankly as a weekend ticket holder I'll be a bit pissed off if we don't get something back from Metallica not playing. That's an enormous blow to the ticket value on top of FNM, QOTSA and Fender already having not really been given appropriate replacements. Even if it's just some free bar tokens it's better than nothing. As you say, no way they can find a decent replacement in time.

I totally agree! As for GVF...what can I say. If they become headliners I guess (after IDLES) we 'll just set camp at the Barn for the rest of day with a couple of visits to the Slope.