Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

Please could someone tell me what 'setlist' is in Flemish and French? Google wasn't very helpful

You would normally use "setlist" in both languages :). Unless you want to describe what a setlist is, in which case for example in Dutch/Flemish you could say something like "lijst van liederen" or "lijst met liedjes".

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, polnico said:

Turnstile just cancelled Main Square on the 30th. Hope this is a one off cancellation, already missed them at Primavera because of this, and couldn't get tickets for Hasselt.

Oh god please no, same re: Primavera so was hoping to catch them here. 

At the very least it would free up the whole IDLES slot and they'll definitely play the UK again next year, but still, please no.

32 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Oh god please no, same re: Primavera so was hoping to catch them here. 

At the very least it would free up the whole IDLES slot and they'll definitely play the UK again next year, but still, please no.

Don't wanna get any hopes up, but this might be due to the fact they are playing Roskilde late (11pm) the day before Main Square where they were supposed to play quite early (6:30pm). That seems like it might have been a bit of a stretch to try to do these two in a row, and they are obviously gonna choose Roskilde given its size I guess ?

Edited by polnico

3 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Please could someone tell me what 'setlist' is in Flemish and French? Google wasn't very helpful

In Dutch and Flemish we also use the word setlist. It's one of those words that hasn't got a translation in our language.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, polnico said:

Main Square in the north of France on the 30th,  but they are playing in Denmark on the 29th, that looks tight. But the switch from 29th in Denmark to 1st in Belgium is more than doable.

It might be related to the recent tour bus crisis leading to many cancellations recently. E.g. Sum 41 wanted to cancel Rock for People for exactly same reason. Keeping fingers crossed this is the case, Turnstile are high on my list. 

14 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Can't see how they'd be okay for Friday if they're not okay for today. Who's around and could replace them? Muse are free that day

Would they get a replacement or just bump an act up as it's short notice?

Ouch! And unfortunately there isn't a sub that can be promoted to save the day. If for example QOTSA were there, as originally planned, the situation would have been much better (they are not as big as Metallica of course but still...)

I'll remain optimistic and we'll see what happens...

16 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Can't see how they'd be okay for Friday if they're not okay for today. Who's around and could replace them? Muse are free that day

I don't know what magic tricks the organisers can do but to move a big band like Muse in such a short notice doesn't seem possible. The logistics are too complex.

9 minutes ago, SDNL said:

Would they get a replacement or just bump an act up as it's short notice?

Hope I am wrong but a big act seems like too short notice. I just hope that they'll at least reimburse day ticket holders, but I am afraid a bump + a belgian act is what we'll get.

If they indeed cancel, I hope that in all of this bad luck; they can at last fix Turnstile v IDLES.

Edited by polnico