Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

Really hope they haven't oversold RW considering Primavera and Glasto were both quite clearly too busy this year by an order of several tens of thousands of people. At Primavera it put us off going too far into the main stage but at RW all our favourite acts are there so we don't really wanna miss out.

According to Buienradar, the most widely used app in NL for rainfall predictions, there is a ±70% chance of rain between 13:00 and 16:00 on Thursday. The rest of the day should be cloudy with very little to no rain (some drizzling probably). Fri, Sat, Sun should be fine though. 

See here:

https://www.buienradar.nl/weer/werchter/be/2783844/5daagse

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Really hope they haven't oversold RW considering Primavera and Glasto were both quite clearly too busy this year by an order of several tens of thousands of people. At Primavera it put us off going too far into the main stage but at RW all our favourite acts are there so we don't really wanna miss out.

The glasto thread are just being dramatic.  It felt pretty normal on the farm. 

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

The glasto thread are just being dramatic.  It felt pretty normal on the farm. 

Not sold on that when there's been quite a big outcry from people at several festivals globally now about overcrowding and general crowd mismanagement compared to previous years, but everyone's mileage will of course vary. People who mostly stayed in the Bits area at Primavera had no idea what people were talking about re: overcrowding because it was like a different event down there. 

23 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

At 12:00 according to this: https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/contact

Which is weird...I would expect it to be a bit earlier considering that the first band starts at 13:00

I also thought I was going to be a little earlier, it's my first time and I wanted to know better before the concerts started.

7 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Have we actually heard anything about whether the capacity this year is any different?

9 minutes ago, SDNL said:

Have we actually heard anything about whether the capacity this year is any different?

No idea! The resale tickets aren't going for absolute dirt cheap days before the festival like Primavera's were which I think is a good sign. 

The capacity is as it was in previous years.

They open the gates exactly the same time as in previous years.

We land in Brussels at 08:30 Thursday so we're hoping we can get to Leuven, grab some supplies, get to the festival, dump everything in the pre-pitched tent and get to Fontaines within 5.5 hours, seems doable. 

You're all good. I land 9:30, need to get to A1, pitch my tent and get to main stage to see Gang of Youths. THAT's a challenge 😄

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Not sold on that when there's been quite a big outcry from people at several festivals globally now about overcrowding and general crowd mismanagement compared to previous years, but everyone's mileage will of course vary. People who mostly stayed in the Bits area at Primavera had no idea what people were talking about re: overcrowding because it was like a different event down there. 

People on the discord don't agree about the overcrowding. Yes there was some terrible crowd management on the Friday but it improved over the weekend but the sets people point to as overcrowded are as overcrowded as some sets were in 2019 on the same stages.

7 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

People on the discord don't agree about the overcrowding. Yes there was some terrible crowd management on the Friday but it improved over the weekend but the sets people point to as overcrowded are as overcrowded as some sets were in 2019 on the same stages.

"Didn't happen to me" isn't really a counterpoint to people on these forums though. Shit you had people both during and even AFTER Astroworld saying "I thought it was okay". And it's not like the subreddit doesn't have people saying both things. Mileage will vary.

I think it's more about the movement of people between areas than busy sets, from what I'm reading at least. I wasn't even there, just noticed a lot of people saying the same things about Glasto that were said about (and felt by us) at Primavera, a whole lot of factors have come together and made festivals feel a bit unsafe this year and a significant part of that is feeling like there's too many people. No idea what the ticket sales actually were but I think in a year with huge demand after years of nothing, businesses are probably gonna try and be a bit cheeky with capacity. 

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 2

"Didn't happen to me" isn't really a counterpoint to people on these forums though. Shit you had people both during and even AFTER Astroworld saying "I thought it was okay". And it's not like the subreddit doesn't have people saying both things. Mileage will vary.

I think it's more about the movement of people between areas than busy sets, from what I'm reading at least. I wasn't even there, just noticed a lot of people saying the same things about Glasto that were said about (and felt by us) at Primavera, a whole lot of factors have come together and made festivals feel a bit unsafe this year and a significant part of that is feeling like there's too many people. No idea what the ticket sales actually were but I think in a year with huge demand after years of nothing, businesses are probably gonna try and be a bit cheeky with capacity. 

Right on point. I have some hope Werchter will be better. From all the festivals I've been at, it's always felt the safest. Yes it gets crowded during big sets, but at some points the gates to the pits are closed and that's it. Never been in a crush or in a dangerous flow there.

• Upvote 1

I don't wanna jinx it guys but...I wouldn't worry too much about all this because it's RW. In terms of organisation and customer service it's - by far to the second - the best festival that I (and everyone I know) have ever experienced. Anywhere. And consistently every year. So let's hope for the best weather possible and I really think we 're gonna have a great one!

1 hour ago, henrysquire said:

Anyone know how gold circle works? Do they give bracelets so you can leave for the loo?

If by gold circle you mean the pit area, then no. If you leave and it's full when you get back, you won't be able to get in until the light at the entrance turns green again. 

• Upvote 2