Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

16 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

How muddy does it get at Werchter? I've done Glastonbury and Leeds festivals with heavy rain, one was a nightmare and one was just a bit inconvenient.

The only time the ground was a mudbath was in 2016, but it was after a month of heavy rains in Belgium. Other than that even if it rains you'll only experience several puddles. 

2 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Friendly reminder to all those coming next week, it's about 6,000 steps (a mile or two) from the shuttle dropoff to the front of the festival. There were multiple older folks nearly passed out today, and it was cool weather. Be careful! Also, was the pit area of the main stage always 100% VIP? I don't remember that from 2018, but I was only up really close at tent shows, I think. 

Believe the 100% VIP is just for the day festivals and Rock Werchter is first come first served. Except for the Metallica snake pit 

Don't really post in these parts but as I'm at Classic thought I'd give a heads up.

klubc flags themselves as full pretty early. There appears no one in one out system. The security go from nonexistent to over controlling. So you play a lottery with which entrance you end up at.

Once I got in (for the Specials) it was probably only 60% full.

Maybe won't be an issue next week but if something is a must I'd suggest getting there early.

5 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Don't really post in these parts but as I'm at Classic thought I'd give a heads up.

klubc flags themselves as full pretty early. There appears no one in one out system. The security go from nonexistent to over controlling. So you play a lottery with which entrance you end up at.

Once I got in (for the Specials) it was probably only 60% full.

Maybe won't be an issue next week but if something is a must I'd suggest getting there early.

It's always an issue it's a complete piss take they basically never actually need to close it.

Just suffered one of the worst live experiences I can remember. Considering there was no official VIP or gold area.... Arrived an hour before Nick Cave and we were crammed into a tiny entrance towards the main stage. And there we stood until two songs into the set when it was clear we weren't getting anywhere and we decided to head off  Apparently we weren't allowed in as unannounced VIPs had priority. Though there were not enough to actually fill the areas so it remained at times 50% empty. There was a point where the push could have become dangerous and the staff almost laughed it off and blamed the voices in their head. Utterly shameful.

I was thankfully confused about the "VIP" section. The front area of the pit is definitely separated, and I saw a stream of purple coming from backstage-type areas walking and talking back and forth. No actual fans, just assholes on cell phones. Lol. I naturally assumed they overpaid for that access!

With the weather I think it's safe to assume we're going to have some light rain/showers over the weekend but it shouldn't cause any major issues. Not with it being so dry in the run up. Still a shame though, although I'm glad it's changed from the really high temps we saw predicted last week. 

By the way if anyone can figure out how to get the song 'Smoko' by The Chats out of my head I'd be eternally grateful. 

1 hour ago, maesydderwen said:

With the weather I think it's safe to assume we're going to have some light rain/showers over the weekend but it shouldn't cause any major issues. Not with it being so dry in the run up. Still a shame though, although I'm glad it's changed from the really high temps we saw predicted last week. 

By the way if anyone can figure out how to get the song 'Smoko' by The Chats out of my head I'd be eternally grateful. 

Listen to this truly awful version by Yungblud. It makes you want to delete your entire existance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-nMvghXXd8

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Newbie question, are there bars inside the barn or do we need to load up before getting in? 

Sometimes there's people going around with tanks of beer on their backs which you can purchase from, but there wasn't many of them compared to other festivals I've been to.

6 minutes ago, djd4 said:

Sometimes there's people going around with tanks of beer on their backs which you can purchase from, but there wasn't many of them compared to other festivals I've been to.

Only as last resort though. Last time I tried one of those the beer was piss-warm! 😂

Does anyone know if the larger lockers also have phone charging points in them. The small lockers are the only ones which specifically mention phone charging points. As that's the only reason I want one. 

Sorry - Not sure why my post is quoting sacred shape below. 

4 hours ago, sacred shape said:

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Cheers, guess we'll just load up with a few before heading in.

Can't imagine how packed Sam Fender at 7pm on a second stage will be even outside the UK! 

Really wouldn’t know. Played AB in 2020 which fits 2000 people. Barn fits 20.000. And Lewis Capaldi on main at the same time who played bigger venues in Belgium. Might be packed, might be like Wolf Alice at the Slope in 2018 which was ok crowded but not packed.

1 hour ago, Judithmt said:

Really wouldn’t know. Played AB in 2020 which fits 2000 people. Barn fits 20.000. And Lewis Capaldi on main at the same time who played bigger venues in Belgium. Might be packed, might be like Wolf Alice at the Slope in 2018 which was ok crowded but not packed.

Capaldi at the barn in 2019 was the busiest crowd I've ever been in at Werchter, atleast at the front, it was about 50C as well. Overall the crowd will never get even close to busy tho the shite security make sure of that. I don't think Sam will be particularly busy it wasn't at the slope in 2018.

2 hours ago, maesydderwen said:

Does anyone know if the larger lockers also have phone charging points in them. The small lockers are the only ones which specifically mention phone charging points. As that's the only reason I want one. 

Sorry - Not sure why my post is quoting sacred shape below. 

Nah they don't.

• Thanks 1