Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

I watched them at Graspop and the first 20 rows were moshing, singing, yelling and enjoying every second and then 21st row to 501st was just standing and some applauses. I loved it, they're not really a crowd pleaser but not everything has to be

Edited by Nicklord

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

I watched them at Graspop and the first 20 rows were moshing, singing, yelling and enjoying every second and then 21st row to 501st was just standing and some applauses. I loved it, they're not really a crowd pleaser but not everything has to be

Indeed, their sound and overall performance at Graspop was pretty good, we liked it a lot. They played "My own summer" unexpectedly early (can't complain) 😂 but it was a great ending to a festival with an amazing lineup (not referring to the headliners).

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I adore Deftones but honestly it sounds like it's time to pack it in. Multiple reports of really bad shows (Download), guitarist isn't even touring and their last good album was at best 10 years ago.

I saw them at the Kentish Town Forum in London last week and they were excellent. Think they just need their own crowd and a dark room tbh

• Upvote 1

Apologies if its already been asked but...

Saturdays line up doesn't appeal much to me, can we get the shuttle bus back into Leuven for the day and then back to the site in the evening?

Can you buy beers in The Hive areas on the Wednesday night?  I can't remember if we could last time I was at Werchter, the all day drinking on the Eurostar obviously caught up with me.

14 minutes ago, Noah said:

Apologies if its already been asked but...

Saturdays line up doesn't appeal much to me, can we get the shuttle bus back into Leuven for the day and then back to the site in the evening?

Can you buy beers in The Hive areas on the Wednesday night?  I can't remember if we could last time I was at Werchter, the all day drinking on the Eurostar obviously caught up with me.

Not sure about the beers in the Hive mate but you can certainly traipse back and forth to Leuven. I think the shuttles run towards the site until about 9pm. But could be later. 

15 minutes ago, maesydderwen said:

Not sure about the beers in the Hive mate but you can certainly traipse back and forth to Leuven. I think the shuttles run towards the site until about 9pm. But could be later. 

Nice one, thank you!  I'll grab a crate in Leuven on the Wednesday afternoon on my way in - just incase 😉 

10 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

If Villa had endured for just 13' more against City a month ago, I would drive up to Leuven just to buy you a few beers and get back 😂

Haha! Yes, it was a frustrating last 15 minutes to the season, I won't lie mate.

Does anyone want to swap two MySpace Hive tickets for regular Hive tickets? You get a bit more space and silence in the night, and the lines for the showers and stuff are shorter. My friends are staying at the regular Hive and we want to join them... 

Friendly reminder to all those coming next week, it's about 6,000 steps (a mile or two) from the shuttle dropoff to the front of the festival. There were multiple older folks nearly passed out today, and it was cool weather. Be careful! Also, was the pit area of the main stage always 100% VIP? I don't remember that from 2018, but I was only up really close at tent shows, I think.