Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

Royal Blood singer lost his voice after 5 songs at Hurricane and called it quits apparently. Seems like they managed to play Vienna okay last night though.

More I think about it more I might just go see Jimmy Eat World and some Disclosure instead. Saw a bad Jimmy show once upon a time so haven't gone back since but maybe I need to drop that memory. 

57 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Royal Blood singer lost his voice after 5 songs at Hurricane and called it quits apparently. Seems like they managed to play Vienna okay last night though.

More I think about it more I might just go see Jimmy Eat World and some Disclosure instead. Saw a bad Jimmy show once upon a time so haven't gone back since but maybe I need to drop that memory. 

If it helps, I've seen Jimmy twice and both times were meh. They seem to lose interest in the middle (pun!) and only perk up for a couple of songs. First time was at Reading years ago and the other time was more recently supporting Frank Turner in 2019.

11 minutes ago, jump said:

If it helps, I've seen Jimmy twice and both times were meh. They seem to lose interest in the middle (pun!) and only perk up for a couple of songs. First time was at Reading years ago and the other time was more recently supporting Frank Turner in 2019.

Yep last time I saw them they were just totally not interested, think it was a Leeds fest but memory escapes me. Royal Blood with some grub it is 

Hi, had to create new account since last forum crash few weeks ago and I'm back with another questions about festival 😆

It's my first time and I'm travelling by car. Do you guys remember how much time does it take to park a car, enter campsite and enter to the festival site? Why am I asking -  if I will be in Werchter at 10 AM is there a chance to see Fontaines D.C. (2 PM)?

Also I have camping A1 - should I park in zone A (wherever it is) or would it be better to park in zone B? I can't see where are these zones on the map... In addition I will drive through Germany from east if it matters.

PS my Clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/rw2022/?user=metalfish& (red=must see, blue=nah)

Edited by metalfish91

45 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yep last time I saw them they were just totally not interested, think it was a Leeds fest but memory escapes me. Royal Blood with some grub it is 

Royal Blood when I've seen them before put on a great show, it's impressive that just two guys can make so much noise. Of course it's dependant on their health though.

2 hours ago, maesydderwen said:

Thursday 30th June

14:10 - 14:55 Airbourne The Barn
15:25 - 16:25 HAIM Mainstage
17:30 - 18:30 First Aid Kit The Barn
18:05 - 18:40 Reignwolf The Slope
18:45 - 19:45 Pixies Mainstage
19:30 - 20:45 Beck The Barn
20:45 - 22:00 The War On Drugs Mainstage
22:00 - 22:55 White Reaper The Slope
23:00 - 01:00 Pearl Jam Mainstage

Friday 1st July

14:25 - 15:05 Sons Klub C
15:05 - 16:05 Turnstile The Barn
16:35 - 17:10 Waterparks The Slope
18:15 - 18:55 The Regrettes The Slope
20:00 - 20:55 The Last International The Slope
20:55 - 21:55 alt-J The Barn
22:00 - 22:55 The Chats The Slope
23:00 - 01:00 Metallica Mainstage

Saturday 2nd July

14:15 - 15:05 Nothing But Thieves Mainstage
16:35 - 17:35 Phoebe Bridges The Barn
22:30 - 23:25 grandson The Slope

Sunday 3rd July

13:00 - 13:40 Fever 333 The Barn
14:00 - 14:50 Sum-41 Mainstage
15:25 - 16:25 Keane Mainstage
15:55 - 16:55 Kacey Musgrave The Barn
16:55 - 17:45 Modest Mouse Klub C
18:45 - 19:45 Jimmy Eat World Klub C
20:00 - 20:55 Snail Mail The Slope
21:00 - 22:30 The Killers Mainstage
23:30 - 01:00 Red Hot Chili Peppers Mainstage
Lot of time in Leuven and looking around the festival site on the Saturday. 

Your Saturday is much like mine but can’t really be bothered staying all that time for Grandson so will likely go back to Leuven after Phoebe Bridgers? We are in a hotel in Leuven so no real hardship! Such a strange Saturday Line Up? (IMHO of course) 

30 minutes ago, metalfish91 said:

Hi, had to create new account since last forum crash few weeks ago and I'm back with another questions about festival 😆

It's my first time and I'm travelling by car. Do you guys remember how much time does it take to park a car, enter campsite and enter to the festival site? Why am I asking -  if I will be in Werchter at 10 AM is there a chance to see Fontaines D.C. (2 PM)?

Also I have camping A1 - should I park in zone A (wherever it is) or would it be better to park in zone B? I can't see where are these zones on the map... In addition I will drive through Germany from east if it matters.

PS my Clashfinder: https://clashfinder.com/s/rw2022/?user=metalfish& (red=must see, blue=nah)

Staying at Camping A1 you can best park at parking A8. It's not possible to reach it from the east. There is the village Werchter and it's closed from that direction. You have to go to the village Haacht, from there you will be guided towards the parking.

At camping A1 there is plenty of space, depends where you want to drop your tent. From the back of camping A1 we usually walk about 25 minutes towards the festival area. So you probable will be in time for Fontaines DC.

28 minutes ago, heti said:

REALLY ?????? Where did You see that ??

They 've announced it sometime ago but you can also see it here:

https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping/the-hive-sold-out/the-hive-practical

I see now that it mentions The Hive, The Hive My Space and The Hive Resort. If you are staying at "Camping Regular" I'm not sure if it applies. But it wouldn't be smart if it doesn't...

Edit: Apparently Camping Regular is not run by the festival organization. Therefore, it might not be the case for those. See here:

https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical/camping

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, neatneatneat said:

Your Saturday is much like mine but can’t really be bothered staying all that time for Grandson so will likely go back to Leuven after Phoebe Bridgers? We are in a hotel in Leuven so no real hardship! Such a strange Saturday Line Up? (IMHO of course) 

I saw Grandson at Download a couple of weeks back and I thought he was amazing, a really good show, but only 30mins, so I'm chuffed to see him for an hour. I feel you though, if I was in a hotel in Leuven I'm not sure I'd attend at all on the Saturday. 

After the withdrawal of Faith No More it just hasn't appealed to me. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

Royal Blood when I've seen them before put on a great show, it's impressive that just two guys can make so much noise. Of course it's dependant on their health though.

What turned me on to them originally is that they sounded like Middle Class Rut who are just a drummer and a vocalist/bassist with a pedal who make a racket. Prefer the other band still but keen to give them a crack 

You can get your bracelet on Wednesday when you stay at the Hive, Hive resort or Hive Myspace.

The other campsites aren't open until Thursday, so we have to get our bracelet at the main entrance.

So calculate some time for that.

Edited by Otto77
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Otto77 said:

You can get your bracelet on Wednesday when you stay at the Hive, Hive resort or Hive Myspace.

The other campsites aren't open until Thursday, so we have to get our bracelet at the main entrance.

So calculate some time for that.

Yeah, I'm A1 so main entrance is the only place I can get a wristband but this Hive exchange point is great for regular campers as well. 

A lot people will already have their wristbands on them so naturally the queue for exchange at the gates will be shorter than the last one I saw back in 2017 

17 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They stole the show away from Deftones yesterday at Inmusic festival, they were briliant and sounded great 

Thursday

Gang of Youths
Fontaines DC
HAIM
Yumi Zouma
First Aid Kit
Pixies
Beck
War on Drugs
Pearl Jam

Friday

Turnstile
IDLES
Waterparks
Inhaler
Girl in Red or The Regrettes. Complete clash, I'll decide on the day.
Sam Fender
alt J
The Chats
Metallica

Saturday

Dea Matrona
Nothing but Thieves
Maneskin
Phoebe Bridgers
Yungblud
Anne Marie
Kennyhoopla
Twenty One Pilots
Grandson

Sunday

Fever 333
Sum 41
Kacey Musgraves
Modest Mouse
Michael Kiwanuka
Jimmy Eat World
Snail Mail
The Killers
Red Hot Chili Peppers

I'm gonna have to abandon Pixies half way through for Beck. Probably have to abandon Maneskin around the same point to get in the Barn for Phoebe. Are the day time acts likely to get full, or is it just around headliner time? Do they have screens outside?

Edited by Padjeq
  • Upvote 1

Here are the ones that I plan to see:  

Thursday: 

Fontaines D.C. 

Cigarettes After Sex

Beck

Black Pumas

Pearl Jam

Friday: 

Miles Kane

Sam Fender

Greta Van Fleet

Metallica

Saturday

Nothing But Thieves

Måneskin

Clairo

LP

Imagine Dragons 

Sunday

Big Thief

Keane

Michael Kiwanuka

Royal Blood

The Killers

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

4 hours ago, activean said:

They stole the show away from Deftones yesterday at Inmusic festival, they were briliant and sounded great 

I adore Deftones but honestly it sounds like it's time to pack it in. Multiple reports of really bad shows (Download), guitarist isn't even touring and their last good album was at best 10 years ago.

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I adore Deftones but honestly it sounds like it's time to pack it in. Multiple reports of really bad shows (Download), guitarist isn't even touring and their last good album was at best 10 years ago.

I enjoyed Deftones at Download but would have to say that they aren't a daylight/early evening main stage festival band. Their sound gets easily lost in any swirling wind and the stage always seems too big for them. 

I'd say Ohms is a reasonable album (all personal opinion obvs) and their venue shows are always good. 

6 minutes ago, neatneatneat said:

I enjoyed Deftones at Download but would have to say that they aren't a daylight/early evening main stage festival band. Their sound gets easily lost in any swirling wind and the stage always seems too big for them. 

I'd say Ohms is a reasonable album (all personal opinion obvs) and their venue shows are always good. 

Ohms was okay but super forgettable, Gore was so shit that even the band will tell you that. Really liked KNY though. 

Yeah maybe it's just festival shows but they were great a decade ago every time I saw them. It's gotta be hard to pull all those vocal styles off at almost 50.