Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

5 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Has Graspop and Werchter had the same food options before? Because if they do that's gonna suck and I'm not a big eater at festivals, mainly to maintain my body functioning but the food offer was really bad at Graspop 

Normally good food options at Werchter. They had a steak bar about 5 years ago at Western Walls but there is also standard festy fare (burgers, fries etc). I always look forward to my annual portion of Stoofvlees Met frites which I have missed for the last 3 years! 

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Any advice from previous attendees - we booked The Hive My Space 2-person tent, presumably that's already set up? Are they all pre-allocated or should we still arrive early as possible to get a good one? 

I believe you're allocated front to back same as the myspace areas, I found half of mySpace didn't even show up until the Thursday in 2019.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Please for the love of god let this be true for RW. It was such a pain in the ass to get a drink at Primavera that you'd always buy 2x 33cl for yourself, maybe more for mates, and even then wish you could just buy 2 pints each and be back in the music for longer. Then again Primavera had horrendous queues so maybe less of a problem at RW, dunno, first timer. 

£6 for a festival pint wouldn't be too bad at all right now.

You can buy a plastic carrier that fits 8 beers for half a token.

7 minutes ago, Aech said:

I believe you're allocated front to back same as the myspace areas, I found half of mySpace didn't even show up until the Thursday in 2019.

You can buy a plastic carrier that fits 8 beers for half a token.

Allocated already or when we get there?

As long as the bar queues are reasonable I'm fine just getting a pint at a time. Primavera was just appalling for it so it's soured me on the idea but I'm sure RW will be much much better. 

10 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Allocated already or when we get there?

As long as the bar queues are reasonable I'm fine just getting a pint at a time. Primavera was just appalling for it so it's soured me on the idea but I'm sure RW will be much much better. 

Never had to queue for drinks, allocated when you get there front to the back right to left basically.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Please for the love of god let this be true for RW. It was such a pain in the ass to get a drink at Primavera that you'd always buy 2x 33cl for yourself, maybe more for mates, and even then wish you could just buy 2 pints each and be back in the music for longer. Then again Primavera had horrendous queues so maybe less of a problem at RW, dunno, first timer. 

£6 for a festival pint wouldn't be too bad at all right now.

I've been going to RW for quite a few years in a row now and never ever did I have to queue up for drinks, so no worries about that. And as @Aech said, the plastic carrier is a life saver! Definitely try to get yourself one 😉. I was happy having pints instead of normal glasses of beer @Graspop but not always. I realised it makes you drink faster and more. Dunno, maybe it was due to the extreme heat at Dessel last weekend or due to the absence of festivals for 2 years (so people were exaggerating cause we all missed this). But the sight of many ppl wasted or passed out on the floor early in the day is something you don't usually see at RW.

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Has Graspop and Werchter had the same food options before? Because if they do that's gonna suck and I'm not a big eater at festivals, mainly to maintain my body functioning but the food offer was really bad at Graspop 

I can only compare this year's Graspop with the previous editions of RW and, unless something has changed, the food options at RW are much much more! The main difference seems to be that at RW they allow more independent food trucks/stands inside (@Graspop there were like ±10 food trucks and the rest was the common GMM stands). Not to mention the food trucks outside of RW on the way from the camp sites were you can get some decent food as well 😉 

Just now, Floyd_Ams said:

I've been going to RW for quite a few years in a row now and never ever did I have to queue up for drinks, so no worries about that. And as @Aech said, the plastic carrier is a life saver! Definitely try to get yourself one 😉. I was happy having pints instead of normal glasses of beer @Graspop but not always. I realised it makes you drink faster and more. Dunno, maybe it was due to the extreme heat at Dessel last weekend or due to the absence of festivals for 2 years (so people were exaggerating cause we all missed this). But the sight of many ppl wasted or passed out on the floor early in the day is something you don't usually see at RW.

Thank god, if there really are no queues then I'm fine with smaller cups, as you say it keeps you from chugging them to enjoy them while they're still cold. Keeps you moving around too. At Primavera it was so bad that I smuggled in 12oz of tequila a day to make Desperados and bought 2 beers every time.

19 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Thank god, if there really are no queues then I'm fine with smaller cups, as you say it keeps you from chugging them to enjoy them while they're still cold. Keeps you moving around too. At Primavera it was so bad that I smuggled in 12oz of tequila a day to make Desperados and bought 2 beers every time.

Yup, exactly! If you avoid the obvious traps (e.g. the drinks stands by the main stage right after a concert has finished - although even then it's not that bad) you won't have to queue up for drinks really. If one stand is busy, there is always another one just a few meters away.

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.97340848878019fdccf5297f6a06ed6e.jpeg£6 for a festival pint wouldn't be too bad at all right now.

Check out the Speciale Bieren Bar as well next to the Barn and near the NW walls. 

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I still sneak in 200ml of gin of a day because even if I wanted to pay the crazy price at the barcadi bar for a cocktail it always has at least a 30 minute queue it's crazy considering every other bar has no queue.

3 hours ago, heti said:

Honestly I just can't stand the wait any longer. I know it's only one more week but I've waited TOO LONG to have fun in this beautiful place.

Now I'm just hoping flights will go ahead as planned 😄 😄

Same here! I'm really excited as well! 

If the flights are failing I'll take my bloody car! Nothing stops the festival train now😁

What advice do you have for first timers?

My tips and tricks:
- You can bring food to the festival site. Beats the 9 euro crappy bratwurst. And....Vodka watermelon anyone?
- They close the tents when full, so if you really want to see a show be there in time
- If you are tired or hungover there is seating at the Barn
- The Speciale Bieren Bar is great. Previous years they had excellent beers, like Leffe, Karmeliet and Kwak. Much better than the watery festival beer. Wine and cocktails too, but haven't tried them.
- There often are long lines to get your food/drink vouchers early Thursday, so if you see a short line get in
- Watch out for the oak trees and the Oak processionary

38 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

- They close the tents when full, so if you really want to see a show be there in time

We had planned on arriving at The Barn as Beck comes on stage, this gonna be a problem for us? That Pixies > Beck > TWOD overlap is a killer

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

We had planned on arriving at The Barn as Beck comes on stage, this gonna be a problem for us? That Pixies > Beck > TWOD overlap is a killer

In my experience, that won’t work! We ended up sat outside the Barn listening to Beck the last time he played cos we got there too late to get in. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Probably, especially when they close the gates because people are milling around at the back and security never bother to look round and see that there's shit loads of space. Every. Single. Time.

Edit: On the plus side Pixies don't play their big hits at the end so can leave early for Beck

Edited by Aech

Hi guys, 

First time going and I will be getting the train from Brussels airport to Leuven. There are 4 options when I enter Brussels airport as the departure for the train tickets:

Brussels Airport - Zaventem

Brussels Airport - Zaventem Aeroport

Brussels Airport - Zaventem Flughafen

Brussels Airport - Zaventem Luchthaven

I'm assuming the first option is the correct option but just thought I better make sure by asking people who've done it before just in case. Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, Daymo_Nightmo said:

Hi guys, 

First time going and I will be getting the train from Brussels airport to Leuven. There are 4 options when I enter Brussels airport as the departure for the train tickets:

Brussels Airport - Zaventem

Brussels Airport - Zaventem Aeroport

Brussels Airport - Zaventem Flughafen

Brussels Airport - Zaventem Luchthaven

I'm assuming the first option is the correct option but just thought I better make sure by asking people who've done it before just in case. Thanks in advance. 

They're all correct, only in different languages! Welcome to Belgium 😅

• Like 1

10 hours ago, neatneatneat said:

In my experience, that won’t work! We ended up sat outside the Barn listening to Beck the last time he played cos we got there too late to get in. 

10 hours ago, Aech said:

Probably, especially when they close the gates because people are milling around at the back and security never bother to look round and see that there's shit loads of space. Every. Single. Time.

Edit: On the plus side Pixies don't play their big hits at the end so can leave early for Beck

Noted, thanks.