Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

25 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Don't think so, will be a rolled up hoodie situation for us probably. Beats a floor mat anyway. 

Thanks. Last time I camped I took small pillows from Blacks that were so bad I just folded my jeans and lay on those.

You can get some decent sleeping bags (lightweight and ultralight weight) along with pillows that compress down to a very small size, especially as the weather is okay. I travel from the UK by plane with just a backpack (usually have a camping chair bungee corded to the front). Although I've bought a foldable chair this year which breaks down to nothing. The tent is usually the pain but you guys don't have that issue. I'm an absolute geek about this stuff though, although I don't spend too much on stuff. 

5 hours ago, djd4 said:

Not sure if there is a timetable, but the buses go very frequently at least in the morning, every few minutes. 

I'll arrive on the 29th (Wednesday) and I'll sleep in a hotel right next to Gara Midi station, the next morning I want to go to Leuven and I don't even know what time I should choose

15 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I'll arrive on the 29th (Wednesday) and I'll sleep in a hotel right next to Gara Midi station, the next morning I want to go to Leuven and I don't even know what time I should choose

You can arrive in Leuven whenever on Thursday, as the buses leave constantly. They fill them up and off they go. 

On 6/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, djd4 said:

Something I've been pondering myself, its difficult to know. Is there a way to reserve then pick it up? In previous years of the festival there was a dedicated camping shop right in the Hive (called Tentenzo), it was very handy. You could pre-order your camping equipment then pick it up when you arrived. The same service does not seem to be available this year, so looks like I'm lugging a tent, sleeping bag, mat etc on a plane from Ireland 😢

Saaaame. Although I'm getting my tent in Brussels on the Tuesday

Don’t think there’s a thread, but anyone was at Live is Live yesterday?

Didn’t know what to expect but once you forget you’re in the horrendous Zeebrugge (they managed to make the location look quite nice) and get used to the sand, I have to say it was a pleasant surprise.

I thought dEUS was really good and deserved 90 minutes. Wilco a bit long but a few great moments (Impossible Germany!). 

The National was outstanding. No Vanderlyle though, gutted!

Free sunscreen was top notch. There’s room for improvment in terms of queues (Food was a bit of a disaster between dEUS and Wilco, had to give up), and I hate those VIP areas at the front, but overall a nice experience.

7 hours ago, djd4 said:

Anyone know if we can show tickets on mobile this year or do we still have to print them like it's 2002?

Haven't been to RW recently but surely to god they haven't insisted on printed tickets up to now?

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 11:11 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

Don't leave it too late, the bus takes about 45 minutes about a 10 min walk to the hive. The earlier you are there the easier it will be to find a place for your tent.

• Upvote 1

Price for the Hive parking is 20 euros when you arrive on Wednesday, 15 euros when you arrive on Thursday.

You have to pay cash and if you wanna leave the parking for instance on Saturdaymorning and come back a few hours later, you have to pay the parking fee again.

• Thanks 1

Posted this in the wrong forum just now (D'oh!)

So it works out that, if purchased in advance, One Food/Drink Voucher costs €3.25. (€65 for 20 Vouchers).

I'm guessing then that it will be 2 x vouchers (€6.50) for a small beer?

At Download Festival last weekend, it was £6.50 for a large beer?

I would love for it to be 1 x voucher but can't see it but maybe I'm just being pessimistic?

Does anybody think differently?

Just came back from Graspop and can confirm this. 1 voucher = 1 beer as always. Interestingly enough though at least half of the beer stands, if not more, were selling pints only (for 2 vouchers). No wonder that there were so many people completely wasted. I'm curious to see if RW will do the same (very likely considering that they are sister festivals).

Edited by Floyd_Ams

13 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Just came back from Graspop and can confirm this. 1 voucher = 1 beer as always. Interestingly enough though at least half of the beer stands, if not more, were selling pints only (for 2 vouchers). No wonder that there were so many people completely wasted. I'm curious to see if RW will do the same (very likely considering that they are sister festivals).

Please for the love of god let this be true for RW. It was such a pain in the ass to get a drink at Primavera that you'd always buy 2x 33cl for yourself, maybe more for mates, and even then wish you could just buy 2 pints each and be back in the music for longer. Then again Primavera had horrendous queues so maybe less of a problem at RW, dunno, first timer. 

£6 for a festival pint wouldn't be too bad at all right now.