Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

13 hours ago, heti said:

I've tried to get free ticket and it asks me to pay 11,20 euro. I'm choosing Brussels Zaventem Airport station as departure/destination. Is this ALREADY this Diabolo Fee or is it some kind of mistake ?

That's the return Diabolo fee. You have to pay it as a supplement for all "non-standard" train tickets from/to the airport (e.g. the free Werchter ticket). It's only "included" in the "standard ticket" price (which is €9.50 each way, as mentioned in the above post).

• Like 1

Thanks for the people posting info, just sorting out journeys out now. Downloaded our tickets, so we go Brussels airport > Leuven via train then there's a bus from Leuven station to the festival site, right?

First timer, what's the recommendation on stocking up, get some beer/food in Leuven to take in?

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Thanks for the people posting info, just sorting out journeys out now. Downloaded our tickets, so we go Brussels airport > Leuven via train then there's a bus from Leuven station to the festival site, right?

First timer, what's the recommendation on stocking up, get some beer/food in Leuven to take in?

Yes and yes. There are a few supermarkets very close to the train station (and to the shuttle bus) as in 5 minutes of walking

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

I wonder how long will it take them to update Saturday schedule on the mobile app. It still shows the old version where actually the new  version of that day with Sloper and MotherMother playing later is quite nice for me 🙂

Hi everyone! First time Rock Werchter attendee here. Just wondering if people think the breakfast vouchers are worth it? Over 20 euro/day for breakfast seems pretty expensive to me (I know festivals are expensive... but this seems extra expensive). I'm assuming that we have to physically hand a voucher to someone in order to get breakfast right? So you can't say go at 9AM and then again at 11AM on the same day (as my boyfriend thinks you can) to double up? 

I'm thinking of just buying some breakfast foods/snacks before I go into the campsite, but wondering if there's an electric kettle for public use anywhere? If I wanted to make oatmeal or something?

Also, I know you can't take glass bottles into the campsite, so what are some solutions that people have used to get liquor in? In Ireland (where I'm from) you can get liquor in plastic bottles, but not sure if you can in Belgium? I unfortunately can't drink beer (or any bubbly drinks) so I can't really bring anything in a can.

Sorry for the specific questions, but I'd appreciate any insight 🙂 Thank you!!!

3 hours ago, Casey H said:

Hi everyone! First time Rock Werchter attendee here. Just wondering if people think the breakfast vouchers are worth it? Over 20 euro/day for breakfast seems pretty expensive to me (I know festivals are expensive... but this seems extra expensive). I'm assuming that we have to physically hand a voucher to someone in order to get breakfast right? So you can't say go at 9AM and then again at 11AM on the same day (as my boyfriend thinks you can) to double up? 

I'm thinking of just buying some breakfast foods/snacks before I go into the campsite, but wondering if there's an electric kettle for public use anywhere? If I wanted to make oatmeal or something?

Also, I know you can't take glass bottles into the campsite, so what are some solutions that people have used to get liquor in? In Ireland (where I'm from) you can get liquor in plastic bottles, but not sure if you can in Belgium? I unfortunately can't drink beer (or any bubbly drinks) so I can't really bring anything in a can.

Yeah there are kitchen areas in the hive I assume they have kettles, you can take your liquor in plastic bottles into camping same as any other fest. No idea on breakfast but yeah does seem well expensive. 

Edit: friend said they do have kettles and it's first year doing the breakfast voucher so nobody knows really 

Edited by Aech

3 hours ago, Casey H said:

I'm assuming that we have to physically hand a voucher to someone in order to get breakfast right? So you can't say go at 9AM and then again at 11AM on the same day (as my boyfriend thinks you can) to double up? 

There is absolutely zero chance it's 20 euro for unlimited breakfast at a festival. I'd eat croissants until I got indigestion.

Doesn't sound worth it to me either way when you can just bring stuff like pastries and fruit from a Leuven supermarket, if it was a full cooked breakfast maybe... 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:38 PM, VolkIreland said:

lifesaver! 🙌 now I just have to find out if I can book one specifically in the Hive or not 🤔

Did you manage to find out if you can book in the Hive?

Also, how many token do people reccomeend? Usually at a festival I have one hot meal a day and I don't tend to drink that much.

4 hours ago, Casey H said:

This is what the website mentions about the breakfast.

For me it wouldn't be enough to start a busy day at the festival site.

You can book your daily breakfast at The Hive's Waxbar in advance. Buy a breakfast voucher and enjoy a delicious breakfast on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, including a croissant, chocolate bun, yogurt and bacon and eggs. Every day you have the choice between a hot beverage or juice with your breakfast. Breakfast is served between 8 am and 11.30 am every morning at Waxbar (The Hive - Central Park).

9 hours ago, Casey H said:

That's rather expensive. The breakfast items individually usually cost about 2 to 4 tokens, depending on what you get. Alternatively you can go outside The Hive camping area, and along the road towards the main festival grounds entrance there will be food vans that accept cash and will likely work out cheaper.

Be aware that you purchase the right voucher for your breakfast.

There is a difference between the Hive resort, the Hive myspace and the Hive (regular campsite).

For the last one the breakvocuher cost 50 euros for 4 breakfasts.

For a festival it's not cheap, it's not expensive.

My post above is for the regular campsite.

8 hours ago, strudd3rs said:

Did you manage to find out if you can book in the Hive?

Also, how many token do people reccomeend? Usually at a festival I have one hot meal a day and I don't tend to drink that much.

Emailed them and they said I couldn;'t book specific areas because no one really knows where they will be camping which is fair

57 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Bought one of the pre-setup tents but we're thinking of buying a sleeping bag from Sports Direct in Leuven when we get there. Is that a bad idea, is everyone gonna be thinking the same thing? 

Something I've been pondering myself, its difficult to know. Is there a way to reserve then pick it up? In previous years of the festival there was a dedicated camping shop right in the Hive (called Tentenzo), it was very handy. You could pre-order your camping equipment then pick it up when you arrived. The same service does not seem to be available this year, so looks like I'm lugging a tent, sleeping bag, mat etc on a plane from Ireland 😢

3 minutes ago, Otto77 said:

See my post above somewhere.

It is possible to rent a tent with equipment.

We only need a sleeping bag, everything else is already there - will probably just take our own from the UK but they take up a lot of hand luggage room

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

We only need a sleeping bag, everything else is already there - will probably just take our own from the UK but they take up a lot of hand luggage room

It's probably a long shot but there is a shop with sporting goods for cyclists just a few meters from the entrance of RW. Maybe it's worth giving them a call to ask if they sell sleeping bags:

https://goo.gl/maps/GSWZ3W6s1R7UGheYA

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 8:38 PM, Otto77 said:

Be aware that you purchase the right voucher for your breakfast.

There is a difference between the Hive resort, the Hive myspace and the Hive (regular campsite).

For the last one the breakvocuher cost 50 euros for 4 breakfasts.

For a festival it's not cheap, it's not expensive.

My post above is for the regular campsite.

Seems the voucher is for use at the Waxbar in Central Park. You'd get this voucher regardless of which area you're in, and use it there.

I'm getting them. Sounds like it saves a lot of hassle. Anyone know what other breakfast options are available?

19 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Bought one of the pre-setup tents but we're thinking of buying a sleeping bag from Sports Direct in Leuven when we get there. Is that a bad idea, is everyone gonna be thinking the same thing? 

We've gone for that too. We're taking our sleeping bags as we're going on the coach, but I'm wondering what to do about pillows? Do they supply them?

46 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

We've gone for that too. We're taking our sleeping bags as we're going on the coach, but I'm wondering what to do about pillows? Do they supply them?

Don't think so, will be a rolled up hoodie situation for us probably. Beats a floor mat anyway.