Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

9 hours ago, Aech said:

To most people under 30 that Saturday is gonna be the only good day

28'er here. Saturday is the worst day in a looooong time for Werchter.

Only really want to see Phoebe Bridgers. Think I can enjoy myself at Twenty One Pilots and Bicep as well... But that's about it.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:26 PM, mikebat said:

Hi !

Do you know how I can buy foud and drink voucher for Werchter Boutique ?
I can't find the right section on the website.

Do you know how many tickets cost a drink ? are 20 tickets enough for a day ? There is no info on their sites.

Thanks

On the Rock Werchter site it is mentioned that they only sell vouchers for the 4day festival, not for the other festivaldays.

20 tickets is normally enough for me for a day. Depends on what you want.

I drink a lot of water at the waterpoints, but if you want to drink beer all day ...

• Upvote 1

I count 9 acts I'm at least moderatly interested in seeing on Saturday. Heck, after a couple banger days relaxing with Phoebe Bridgers and Leon Bridges before the poppy feel-goodness of 21pilots and Imagine Dragons is going to be fun.

Granted, I wouldn't pay to see 21 or Imagine, they're not my vibe, but that's part of the point of festivals. And losing FNM and QotSA hurt the fest a smidge, but it's still loaded.

I think the main problem with Saturday for most people, including myself, is not those specific names but the lack of diversity. It's built for a specific target group without much going on for everyone else (which is unusual for RW)... At least not until late in the evening. Ideally they would (don't know if they could) have spread the "recruited" bands a bit differently between the main and satellite festivals. For example I have zero interest for the main stage that day, other than NBT maybe, but that's totally fine. Just throw in the mix someone like The Smile, Foals (what happened with them?), etc, from TW classic and I'd be happy! 

Having said that, I can imagine that after 2 years of cancellations they had a tough job with planning this year (plus the main festival was kinda of a "safe" sell so...). And tbh I 've missed this a lot so maybe I care less 😁. I guess I'll just find a nice spot by the Slope and spend Saturday relaxing and exploring new bands or wander around North West Walls while waiting for Jamie and Bicep.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I guess I'll just find a nice spot by the Slope and spend Saturday relaxing and exploring new bands or wander around North West Walls while waiting for Jamie and Bicep.

Girlfriend recently discovered LP so that's us sorted for that gap, happy to go watch her and have a bit of a wander to the north as you say. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 2:56 PM, BenG92 said:

Girlfriend recently discovered LP so that's us sorted for that gap, happy to go watch her and have a bit of a wander to the north as you say. 

I said it months before, I'll say it again today - for ME - Saturday SUCKS hard. Yet I'm gonna see at least 9 artists this day so in terms of quantity it looks great.

When it comes to quality it's all subjective because I don't have a single artist I HAVE to see this day.  And that's the problem (from my POV) with this day, which @Floyd_Ams stated perfectly. Lack of diversity is a bitch. I CAN see Maneskin & Youngblud while drinking beer,  I'm OK with that. But in the end I don't give a fuck about 21 Pilots   and other stages don't deliver to my taste. 

But still...the festival WILL happen, we'll have 4 days of pure joy. And nothing else matters 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I´m planning how many drink/food tickets to buy in advance. Anyone remember how many tickets a beer costs at the festival? 

Or a pizza slice? 

If my memory serves me right, a beer costs one voucher/ticket. That's for a standard Jupiler (the one being sold at all main stands for drinks) not the "proper" Belgian beers that you can find around. When it comes to food, the prices (and quality) vary. The amount of different options is actually quite impressive for a festival. You are looking anywhere between 1,5 - 6 vouchers. For most things you'll need 2-3. For a slice of pizza I don't remember tbh but my best guess would be 1.5-2 vouchers.

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

If my memory serves me right, a beer costs one voucher/ticket. That's for a standard Jupiler (the one being sold at all main stands for drinks) not the "proper" Belgian beers that you can find around. When it comes to food, the prices (and quality) vary. The amount of different options is actually quite impressive for a festival. You are looking anywhere between 1,5 - 6 vouchers. For most things you'll need 2-3. For a slice of pizza I don't remember tbh but my best guess would be 1.5-2 vouchers.

Ok cool, thanks for the answer! I'll probably stick to the classic Jupiler beer then. 

https://www.humo.be/nieuws/Voorpagina~qde2cf98/

This is from Belgian website for the Humo magazine.

This give an impression about the prices at the festivalsite.

At the time one voucher was 2,75 euro (2,50 euro if you bought the vouchers in advance).

The new price is 3,50 euro (3,25 euro if you buy them in advance).

So the food which cost 11 euros in 2018 will now cost 14 euros.

Hi everyone! This year will be my first RW visit since 2010, so I guess a lot of rules for the festival site have changed since then.

Since the infos given on the website are relatively scarce: can anyone tell what I am allowed to take with me on the festival site (backpack/food/water/bottles) or how strict the scecurity checks are? I think I read somewhere they only let you take 500ml water bottles without a cap which would be rather inconvenient so e.g. I wonder if I could "smuggle" in a larger collapsible water bottle.

Edited by johnny_rocket

Hi everyone, RW newbie questions:

- are there any lockers big enough to fit a laptop available in the Hive Resort?

- what is the best/easiest way to charge phone & other electronic stuff at RW?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, johnny_rocket said:

Since the infos given on the website are relatively scarce: can anyone tell what I am allowed to take with me on the festival site (backpack/food/water/bottles) or how strict the scecurity checks are? I think I read somewhere they only let you take 500ml water bottles without a cap which would be rather inconvenient so e.g. I wonder if I could "smuggle" in a larger collapsible water bottle.

The security checks have become stricter indeed.  Consider it as a mini/simpler version of airport security checks. You 'll go through a metal detector, backpacks are allowed but expect that they will open them and search. You are not allowed to bring the usual/obvious stuff: your own alcohol, drugs and objects that can harm others (e.g. knifes, etc.). A collapsible water bottle should be fine and free tap water is available in many locations around the festival site, so no worries. Don't know what the case is with food though...

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1

On 5/30/2022 at 12:46 PM, Ferda said:

Hi everyone, RW newbie questions:

- are there any lockers big enough to fit a laptop available in the Hive Resort?

- what is the best/easiest way to charge phone & other electronic stuff at RW?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the laptop locker at the Hive, I cannot remember seeing any in the years I have been. I found if you contact them  to ask you'll get a reply in a couple of days. 

There are lockers on festival site with the charging inside but these are best booked beforehand as they are quickly filled.

We always bring a good few power banks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

Not sure about the laptop locker at the Hive, I cannot remember seeing any in the years I have been. I found if you contact them  to ask you'll get a reply in a couple of days. 

There are lockers on festival site with the charging inside but these are best booked beforehand as they are quickly filled.

We always bring a good few power banks.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! I was able to find the locker page by googling it as the RW website is a bit hard to navigate. Prices are crazy though, but I am sorted. 

https://www.gondola.be/nl/news/decathlon-belgie-verhuurt-tenten-voor-festivalgangers

Just read that a Belgian seller for campinggear will be renting tents and equipment.

In this Dutch written article it is mentioned that you get a tent and 2 mattresses for 16 euro per night.

For 32 euros you get a tent, 2 mattresses, 2 sleeping bags, 2 chairs, a table and a lamp.

You can collect it at Leuven Station and you're supposed to bring it back.

This is what I've found on their website. Unfortunately it's only in Dutch or French.

The way you reserve it, isn't known by me.

https://rent-mountain.decathlon.be/nl/packs?cat=FESTIVAL

Edited by Otto77
more information known by me

On 5/31/2022 at 10:52 PM, Ferda said:

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! I was able to find the locker page by googling it as the RW website is a bit hard to navigate. Prices are crazy though, but I am sorted. 

Don't suppose you could link? I'd love to rent one beforehand as opposed to the scramble when I get there 😅