Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

6 minutes ago, SDNL said:

Basic question but how many food/drink tokens do you guys tend to get through in a weekend?

About 80. Which I've just realised is 260 euros this year so probably less this time round.

Edited by Aech

On 4/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, SimonK said:

Hi - we're driving from the UK to the Festival - a couple of questions please if anyone knows please! 🙂

1) Do you pay for parking at the Festival in advance or when you turn up?

2) How long does it typically take to get out of the car park on the Monday morning? We need to be in Calais for check-in on the  Eurotunnel around 11:30 am - the drive itself is about 2h30 - 3hr I believe but want to give ourselves time to leave the site also!

Thanks!

We drove from the UK in 2017 and paid on arrival. It was cash only! We had to go back to the nearest town and hunt for cash as the rest of the festival was cashless. It might have changed post-Covid but consider this a warning 😄 

It took us a couple of hours to get out but we ended up parked pretty far down, away from the exit. Depends on when you arrive/leave really. Bit of luck required. 

Edited by chickenfire
All that info was regarding Hive parking!

Surely an encore is something that happens after the main show, so does this point to another band after a headliner?

Can't add an extra day as they have a permit from the local council for just the 4 days for the festival. I believe they only get 8 days per year at the moment.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

Surely an encore is something that happens after the main show, so does this point to another band after a headliner?

Can't add an extra day as they have a permit from the local council for just the 4 days for the festival. I believe they only get 8 days per year at the moment.

Based on all the hints dropped here and on Festileaks: a one day festival on 26th of June, a bit shorter than a regular RW day (starting around 3-4pm?) and offering several stages.

11 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Maybe i've missed something but, Co-Headliner materials; Muse or The Strokes with London Grammar as sub?

The wording on the Tweet points to Florence being the only headliner. Probably a smaller and cheaper day overall. 

3 minutes ago, maesydderwen said:

It's a shame they couldn't have amalgamated all these random days into the actual festival and made it stronger. But I guess the need to make money after the past two years and the fact its sold out even with a weak line up shows they know what they're doing. 

There's no universe in which this lineup is "weak" though, it's still better than the vast majority of festivals. PJ/Metallica/RHCP alone is worth the admission price