Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

8 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

It seems Rolling Stones have teased a UK/European tour on their Instagram page. Maybe they are also a possibility (apart from Macca) for a potential second TW Classic day (or Encore day).  

They will be playing a date in Brussels

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2022/03/11/hebben-the-rolling-stones-onze-toren-verlicht/

2 hours ago, Festilitis said:

Can be also werchter. They lighted the tower in the capital of belgium. In werchter there are not much towers to be lightened. Would be a perfect name for tw classic 

That's true but at this point it's looking like TW Classic 2 is not happening anymore. We got the comedy show on 18 june and the Encore day is basically confirmed by the insiders for 26 june.

Take a look at the strokes Their preformance…this is gonna be the best live act 2022… werchter made a big mistake not booking  them 🙄 money rules the World above quality. If we take a Look at all the bands that were annonced at 2020 and Touring in 2022 but not rebooked …Liam, Bombay bycicle club, Jake, bugg, the pretty  reckless,… a shame

@Ken19 Any thoughts about this 😉

Edited by Niels peeters

8 hours ago, Niels peeters said:

Take a look at the strokes Their preformance…this is gonna be the best live act 2022… werchter made a big mistake not booking  them 🙄 money rules the World above quality. If we take a Look at all the bands that were annonced at 2020 and Touring in 2022 but not rebooked …Liam, Bombay bycicle club, Jake, bugg, the pretty  reckless,… a shame

Buy a ticket for Best Kept Secret like we did. Very much looking forward to The Strokes!

15 hours ago, Niels peeters said:

He said that day sold poorly 

10 hours ago, Blaxey said:

One question, has anyone who bought the collector ticket in 2020 received the 2022 collector ticket? They said that they were going to send them but I don't know when

Showed up a couple weeks before the festival in 2019 IIRC

Don't know how well it would sell, but Florence and Arcade Fire would be a nice combo for Encore/Boutique 2. Both with a new album in May, unlikely to be PKP headliners, Florence is around and AF should be touring soon. Would not be surprised if one of them showed up as Glastonbury surprise acts the same weekend...

Add some great women acts on the undercard and you have a beautiful day on the Werchter field.

But anyway, it's time to announce something. Some insider on Festileaks saying it would not be a full day btw (something like P!nk 2019).

Edited by VCF

For June/July festivals probably, unless some are missing an headliner. But why not for a day event whose lineup is yet to be revealed (and on the same weekend as Glastonbury)?

But agreed that it's quite unlikely. Arena tour during the fall and EU festivals for 2023 is probably to be expected.

Edited by VCF

On 3/17/2022 at 9:11 PM, VCF said:

Don't know how well it would sell, but Florence and Arcade Fire would be a nice combo for Encore/Boutique 2. Both with a new album in May, unlikely to be PKP headliners, Florence is around and AF should be touring soon. Would not be surprised if one of them showed up as Glastonbury surprise acts the same weekend...

Add some great women acts on the undercard and you have a beautiful day on the Werchter field.

But anyway, it's time to announce something. Some insider on Festileaks saying it would not be a full day btw (something like P!nk 2019).

Florence is headliner Encore… but don’t know why it isn’t announced already. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Arcade Fire will do some European shows in may (preview shows).

You've just put a smile on my face Ken!

Yeah Florence felt obvious as soon as we knew a female led day was on the cards. Will be interesting to see how it turns out, but with the Pukkelpop announcement on Monday, we may have to wait another week...

Edited by VCF

20 minutes ago, mikebat said:

Encore ? for Boutique june 19th ?

Line up for Boutique on June 19th is complete.

But there's another event that is still due to be announced (and that Werchter promoted as an "Encore") on June 26th.

Edited by VCF

Hi!!! I have a question about how to get to the festival. I am flying to brussels on the 29th (I bought the early access ticket for the hive) and I understood that there is a free train/bus to the festival, I don't know if it was from Brussels or from Leuven. Does anyone have any information about this? 

1 hour ago, Blaxey said:

Hi!!! I have a question about how to get to the festival. I am flying to brussels on the 29th (I bought the early access ticket for the hive) and I understood that there is a free train/bus to the festival, I don't know if it was from Brussels or from Leuven. Does anyone have any information about this? 

The free shuttle included in your tickets is from Leuven Station. But I heard there are maybe shuttles from Brussels too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blaxey said:

Take the (free) train from Brussles to Leuven, and than the festival free shuttle from Leuven to Werchter.
Attention:
1) You have to download your free trainticket with the NMBS code (your festivalticket is not a trainticket). Every ticket includes a train trip from any Belgian railway station to Leuven and back.
2) In case you travel from or to Brussels airport (you do!) you have to pay an extra Diabolo Fee. This is not included in the free train ticket.

• Upvote 2