Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

12 hours ago, Archi said:

Do you speak about Werchter Boutique or Rock Werchter?! With a duo Gorillaz-Stromae, we can't say weak headliners...

Oh heck 😄 I was reading the Roskilde topic and commented here... DAMN. (Kendrick pun not intended) 

If any mod's happy with deleting both posts, I'm fine with that 😄

Guys I have a doubt that I would like someone to help me :)

it's the first time I'm going to RW, however I travel from Portugal to Brussels Charleroi, from what I've been seeing I have to take a shuttle to the center of Brussels, but the problem is that I arrive at 10:45 pm and I wanted to go to RW because I booked a camping tent, what is the best solution looking at the time I arrive in Brussels

27 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Guys I have a doubt that I would like someone to help me 🙂

it's the first time I'm going to RW, however I travel from Portugal to Brussels Charleroi, from what I've been seeing I have to take a shuttle to the center of Brussels, but the problem is that I arrive at 10:45 pm and I wanted to go to RW because I booked a camping tent, what is the best solution looking at the time I arrive in Brussels

It gonna be hard to arrive at RW easely so late... If you arrive at 10.45pm in Charleroi Airport, you'll get the shuttle at 11.15 to arrive in Brussels-South train station at 00.10am and the last train to Louvain is at 00.20. You'll be in Leuven at 00.50am and I don't know if there are still some shuttles. Or look for a taxi to do the 15km between Louvain station and the festival.

Hope it helps you!

1 hour ago, Archi said:

It gonna be hard to arrive at RW easely so late... If you arrive at 10.45pm in Charleroi Airport, you'll get the shuttle at 11.15 to arrive in Brussels-South train station at 00.10am and the last train to Louvain is at 00.20. You'll be in Leuven at 00.50am and I don't know if there are still some shuttles. Or look for a taxi to do the 15km between Louvain station and the festival.

Hope it helps you!

I think the ideal is to stay overnight in Brussels and on Thursday morning I leave for RW. Is there a bus from Brussels to RW?

10 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I think the ideal is to stay overnight in Brussels and on Thursday morning I leave for RW. Is there a bus from Brussels to RW?

That would be the easier for sure! There aren't any busses/shuttles from Brussels to the festival. You have to take a train to Louvain and then the shuttle to the festival. Both are included in your RW ticket. You'll be able to download them from June 18th 2022.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if there's a good place to go to find other solo travelers or small groups camping at RW? I connected with a group of like 12 folks in 2018 and it was an absolute blast. I'm coming alone from the USA for both the Nick Cave/Placebo/Smile show and RW... any recommendations?

On 3/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

Book a hotel in Leuven. Then you arrive there at night already in Leuven. Then you dont need to go more from brussels to leuven the Day after.  You ll have the time for take a shower, breakfast and Just take the bus to werchter. Much more relaxed 

1 hour ago, Festilitis said:

Book a hotel in Leuven. Then you arrive there at night already in Leuven. Then you dont need to go more from brussels to leuven the Day after.  You ll have the time for take a shower, breakfast and Just take the bus to werchter. Much more relaxed 

That's indeed the best way. I do the same. So you will see at least once the wonderful Old Market in Leuven at night. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Festilitis said:

It's a good idea, the problem is that I land late, I take a shuttle to Brussels and according to the shuttle schedule I arrive at 00:10 to Brussels and I think the last train is at 00:20 and the problem is if the shuttle is late.

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

It's a good idea, the problem is that I land late, I take a shuttle to Brussels and according to the shuttle schedule I arrive at 00:10 to Brussels and I think the last train is at 00:20 and the problem is if the shuttle is late.

take the train from the airport to leuven. it's the same one that goes from bruessle.

On 3/3/2022 at 3:02 PM, SonicSleuth said:

I wonder if there's a good place to go to find other solo travelers or small groups camping at RW? I connected with a group of like 12 folks in 2018 and it was an absolute blast. I'm coming alone from the USA for both the Nick Cave/Placebo/Smile show and RW... any recommendations?

Head over to the RW reddit. Theres a post on it regareding a whats app group that was set up in 2019. I usually go with others but that year I traveled over alone and met them in LEuven and we all camped together