Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

8 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

So frustrating when you hear the first chords and you are still outside waiting to get your bags checked. 

2018 - Rival Sons, starting super early (around 13:00 I think), a bit of a queue outside and I just wanted to scream...LET ME IN!!! 😂

By the time we were inside they were wrapping it up.

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

2018 - Rival Sons, starting super early (around 13:00 I think), a bit of a queue outside and I just wanted to scream...LET ME IN!!! 😂

By the time we were inside they were wrapping it up.

I used to risk everything and board a plane in Poland at 7 am the day festival started. Collect a luggage, get to Leuven, bus to Werchter, pitch a tent, get in line and enter the festival grounds. Did that couple of times and usually managed too see 1st band on main stage. 2016 was an exception but it was an exceptional year (due to the fucked up weather conditions)

Think I was full of luck so not gonna risk this time. Flying to Brussels the day before 🙂

6 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Looking at the time quickly, my doubts are:

TWOD or Black Pumas ?
Greta Van Fleet or ALT-J ?
Lewis Capaldi or Sam Fender?

TWOD were brilliant in 2015 so I expect them to do the same tis time.

For me it's Greta - haven't seen them and I fell asleep on ALt-J in 2017 (to be fair, I was at the barriers waiting to enter GC to see Foo Fighters)

Haven't seen anyone of these guys but Fender seems more rockier so it's an easy choice for me

6 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:
TWOD or Black Pumas ?
Greta Van Fleet or ALT-J ?
Lewis Capaldi or Sam Fender?

Both time I’ve seen alt-J they were brilliant, but some of my friends were on their other shows and were really disappointed, so I can assume it’s hit or miss. Greta for me, like their music, never seen live and don’t understand all the hate towards them here. Guaranteed front rows on Metallica is another advantage. 

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Both time I’ve seen alt-J they were brilliant, but some of my friends were on their other shows and were really disappointed, so I can assume it’s hit or miss. Greta for me, like their music, never seen live and don’t understand all the hate towards them here. Guaranteed front rows on Metallica is another advantage. 

My experience with Alt-J is a mixed bag. I really enjoyed them in their early days after album #1 (Reading R1 stage gig was a real treat for me) but Igot quite bored last 2 shows I've seen. I will opt for Greta this year, just to see how they cope with the slot. 

20 hours ago, misterplow said:

Last time they played (literally the most recent RW edition), it was not so good.

It’s known that they had a shit slot for Alt J and they were crazily nervous. They had to restart 2-3 songs that set out of nervousness. Their Barn show on the other hand was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen and expect them to redeem themselves there this summer.

Surely in the mix for Glastonbury and Boutique 2 then!

He's not specifically my thing but his Superbowl appearance was interesting. A strong undercard and I could be tempted.

Though another insider on Festileaks thinks Boutique 2 will mainly have women acts at the top of the bill...

Edited by VCF

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I could see Kendrick Lamar - Florence & The Machine actually. 

Give me Lorde before that combo and I'm in! I don't think she could ask for a better spot anyway.

London Grammar might end up somewhere too, given they won't play Pukkelpop. 

Edited by VCF