JSmurphy

Timetable

Nick Cave 22H00 - 0H30

Placebo 19H45 - 21H00

The Smile 17H35 - 18H50

Courtney Barnett 15H50 - 16H50

Sleaford Mods 14H20 - 15H10

Whispering Sons 13H00 - 13H45

TW Classic lineup is not for me, but really strong for a day event.

But given the actual RW line-up and the relative struggle on the undercard, doesn't that raise more than ever the question of whether Werchter has too many events, and with the new festivals coming in 2022 (Live is Live, CORE), whether Belgium might have way too many festivals?

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VCF said:

Timetable

Nick Cave 22H00 - 0H30

Placebo 19H45 - 21H00

The Smile 17H35 - 18H50

But given the actual RW line-up and the relative struggle on the undercard, doesn't that raise more than ever the question of whether Werchter has too many events, and with the new festivals coming in 2022 (Live is Live, CORE), whether Belgium might have way too many festivals?

Good point actually. Imagine Nick Cave, Gorillaz, Stromae, The Smile, Placebo, Courtney Barnett,... being at Rock Werchter. 

TW Classic is really strong and I suspect Boutique will be the same. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Don't overthink : American bands who cancel their SUMMER shows in Europe ----> not vaccinated and refuse to. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Or the fact that it's hard to get such tours insured in a way that's not too risky for the band. Although the chance probably is smaller when summer comes, it's too risky to deal with the financial impact of concerts getting cancelled because of crew or artists in quarantine and/or different countries sudden changes in policies and restrictions. 

I also think we will see more cancellations especially from bands from other continents that plan on starting those tours early summer/spring, but I hope I'm wrong.. 

18 hours ago, VCF said:

Timetable

Nick Cave 22H00 - 0H30

Placebo 19H45 - 21H00

The Smile 17H35 - 18H50

Belgium always had that much festivals . And always sold out   there are not too much . RW is almost sold out, so fans enough Who like the undercard too

On 1/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, Ken19 said:

I expect some major changes for Mad Cool in the near future. Normally also no qotsa over there… 

December turned a lot of the things in the line up around. Some major cancellations. It was the idea to announce something half december, but that plan failed. It was very difficult to find another artist to fill the gap without hurting other festivals in Belgium. And you already know the ego of the GVF agent… 

Anne-Marie was already one of the Barn heads, she switched dates. 

Negotiations with a bigger barn name thursday and klub c Friday are still going on. The other days nothing big to fill the last gaps. 

@Ken19 Are you sure QOTSA dropped the whole tour? I would have expected some other festivals they‘ve been confirmed for to break the news by now.

I mean, the info is out there and those festivals would sell tickets for a line up that doesn‘t exist. Sometimes QOTSA are headliners so the main reason to buy tickets in the first place. Makes me think they only dropped out of Werchter? For whatever reason? Personal commitments, stage, routing, Metallica, …

Edited by Karlos12345

QOTSA probably didn't drop out out of Werchter on last friday so Werchter as well sold tickets with QOTSA in the lineup for at least a few days.

Festivals can change their lineups whenever they want and we can't do anything about it, I think every ticket says "lineup and timetable subject to change" or something like that

On 1/31/2022 at 2:56 PM, P.bintein said:

I think Metallica, RHCP and PJ will do the same. I really hope RW will have a plan to replace the artist.

I think there's zero chance PJ skips it unless the Covid situation is unpassable, they've been rescheduling this EU tour for two years and unlike some of the other bands, they have a huge number of tickets sold and held AND a fan base who has patiently been paying their fan club dues for no shows. 

21 hours ago, Nicklord said:

QOTSA probably didn't drop out out of Werchter on last friday so Werchter as well sold tickets with QOTSA in the lineup for at least a few days.

Festivals can change their lineups whenever they want and we can't do anything about it, I think every ticket says "lineup and timetable subject to change" or something like that

I think they'll give organisers the time to come with a solution (the time to work behind the scenes) when they announce the cancellation. Not like Faith No More/The Streets cancelling the whole tour the same time.

So...

actually QOTSA GAVE RW the time since they didn't cancel themselves. If RW didn't tell they ain't playing we wouldn't be having this conversation. Hell, other festivalgoers wouldn't have 2nd doubts (since Pinkpop, Mad Cool still didn't cancel them)

Then again - since RW HAD the time to work behind the scenes (they knew QOTSA won't play and QOTSA went silent) and managed to do shit (AKA upgrading Greta)

14 minutes ago, SonicSleuth said:

I'm sure RW will be doing something to replace the QotSA vibe, they're a headline-level act at some festivals.

We're getting close to a SOLD OUT sign so wouldn't count on it.

And @Ken19 said "Negotiations with a bigger barn name thursday and klub c Friday are still going on. The other days nothing big to fill the last gaps."

Three days are still good/splendid. Saturday is a tragedy and we have NO chance to save this day. It died with Mike Patton's mental health issues

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SonicSleuth said:

I'm sure RW will be doing something to replace the QotSA vibe, they're a headline-level act at some festivals.

A personal bummer for me since PJ, FNM, and QotSA are 3 of my Top 10 all time acts... STAY IN THERE PJ!

Max number of acts on main stage that day too (seven).

On 2/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, heti said:

We're getting close to a SOLD OUT sign so wouldn't count on it.

And @Ken19 said "Negotiations with a bigger barn name thursday and klub c Friday are still going on. The other days nothing big to fill the last gaps."

Three days are still good/splendid. Saturday is a tragedy and we have NO chance to save this day. It died with Mike Patton's mental health issues

For me Friday is even worse, Greta Van Fleet subbing and all... Bazart, Capaldi. The Barn lineup isn't my thing either. 

• Upvote 1

some questions: how reliable is Ticketswap? If you buy a ticket in this site, how can you manage to change the name of the owner of the ticket? I am sure that your ID is requested to enter, and that they won't allow to enter if your name is not in the ticket. Do RW accept that you use these kind of resale sites?