Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

On 6/10/2021 at 1:23 PM, lighthouse said:

Although it will probably make a lot of people happy, this lineup will have me skipping RW next year. It would be a bit...bland? I respect everyone who thinks otherwise of course. 

(Maybe this year's insane Primavera lineup spoiled me a bit I guess.) 

I half agree. It would me skipping too. I looked back some of the pre 2010 and just after Werchter lineups and definitely think I missed 'my time's. Primavera mind doesn't cross me as insane. All jokes aside though there is a few I'd see but it's never been for me.

3 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I never saw a "we almost booked a band" announcement. 

Yeah. So probably waiting for the joint announcement date.

Maybe it‘s to please the fans. Literaly every top 10 comment on the Muse announcements was asking for the Peppers.

Edited by Karlos12345

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Pearl Jam, Metallica, RHCP, TOP... Ugh. 

I'm glad they prolonged the option to transfer your tickets to 2023. Or they have a big surprise up their sleeves. 

This post over and over man, it gets boring...
It's Rock Werchter not Primavera Sound 2.0.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, RubenFrusciante said:

This post over and over man, it gets boring...
It's Rock Werchter not Primavera Sound 2.0.

The news that RW is prolonging ticket transfer to 2023 is pretty new.

And so is the way the 2022 lineup is starting to look like. Only 1-2 weeks ago it was still a lot more open. I’ve got tickets for this fest so it’s only logical that I hope for headliners that excite me. And just like the build up to this year its going the wrong way for me. Please allow me to express me instead of attacking me personally. This is a forum. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

And so is the way the 2022 lineup is starting to look like. Only 1-2 weeks ago it was still a lot more open. I’ve got tickets for this fest so it’s only logical that I hope for headliners that excite me. And just like the build up to this year its going the wrong way for me. Please allow me to express me instead of attacking me personally. This is a forum. 

You're saying the same thing over and over again. You made your point, like 10 times... And if "the right to express yourself" is so important to you, you shouldn't have a problem with me doing the exact same thing myself right now.

The constant complaining about rock/guitar acts is just annoying. It's okay if you prefer The Strokes and Nick Cave over Metallica and RHCP but this is Rock Werchter not Primavera Sound. A line up with Metallica and Pearl Jam is not a bad or a 'a bit bland' one, it's just not your taste. Wich is fine, but like I said. You made your point.

• Upvote 2

Like I said in the other topic, later more on that. There was absolutely no permission from Metallica to tease them for Mad Cool... Metallica is not the kind of band that is taking this easy. 

But yes, they were booked for 2021. Werchter was the first and the tour was build around RW. Normally they would have been confirmed a couple of weeks ago, still no idea why this was delayed. So next week seems obvious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Like I said in the other topic, later more on that. There was absolutely no permission from Metallica to tease them for Mad Cool... Metallica is not the kind of band that is taking this easy. 

But yes, they were booked for 2021. Werchter was the first and the tour was build around RW. Normally they would have been confirmed a couple of weeks ago, still no idea why this was delayed. So next week seems obvious.

Thank you again for the inside information. Really appreciate it! But what the hell is Mad Cool doing... I think they should've learned from the last time...