Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

Asked Ticetmaster about a potential refund after the QOTSA axe and it's a no-go apparently, which I'm not super surprised at, but is still kinda bullshit. My alternative is roll everything into a voucher for a future year which I may end up doing. I still think not replacing QOTSA and bumping up a band who were already demoted from the last festival back to their spot is a real kick in the teeth especially after FNM and The Streets. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Lors1903 said:

Hey, this would be our first time attending the festival. If we were to stay in the centre of Brussels, what are the latest trains from Leuven to Brussels? Thanks

Done that in 2016, only because mud and rain made me REALLY SICK. I escaped camping grounds adter 2 days and stayed in Brussels. Haven't seen Sat & Su headliners as I had to travel to Leuven to catch last train to the capital.

So unless you have a car it's pointless. 

Aerosmith are indeed cancelling EU 2022 tour, I-days Milan posted this on FB.  Rival Sons weren't announced for Graspop so I wonder - were they one of those 9 bands yet to be added later or can we have a shot with them now they're available ? 🙂

2 hours ago, heti said:

Aerosmith are indeed cancelling EU 2022 tour, I-days Milan posted this on FB.  Rival Sons weren't announced for Graspop so I wonder - were they one of those 9 bands yet to be added later or can we have a shot with them now they're available ? 🙂

I think Metallica, RHCP and PJ will do the same. I really hope RW will have a plan to replace the artist.

28 minutes ago, P.bintein said:

I think Metallica, RHCP and PJ will do the same. I really hope RW will have a plan to replace the artist.

Why would they cancel? It's an outdoor summer festival and it's very likely many countries lift covid restrictions in the coming weeks. Denmark will do so tomorrow for instance. 

39 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Why would they cancel? It's an outdoor summer festival and it's very likely many countries lift covid restrictions in the coming weeks. Denmark will do so tomorrow for instance. 

Why would Aerosmith cancel then? There's still lots of uncertainty surrounding Covid and travel restrictions. I would be especially worried about PJ as they're known to be very cautious about their health and safety (I believe it was @Ken19 who told us they planned EU tour in 2016 but scrapped the idea after 2015 Paris attacks - correct me if I got it wrong).

44 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Why would Aerosmith cancel then? There's still lots of uncertainty surrounding Covid and travel restrictions. I would be especially worried about PJ as they're known to be very cautious about their health and safety (I believe it was @Ken19 who told us they planned EU tour in 2016 but scrapped the idea after 2015 Paris attacks - correct me if I got it wrong).

Well there is uncertainty but way less than same time last year. Countries opening up in February would have been unheard of in 2021. Also, WHO are of the opinion that we are now seeing the last serious stage of the pandemic which should make it more worthwhile for artists to actually go through with their summer plans. Of course, more artists may feel uncertain but I think the majority will make their tours happen. 

11 hours ago, Newjem said:

They played shows in the US last year and Eddie is about to start his solo tour on Thursday. No need to worry about PJ being extra cautious because of COVID.

Bands canceling summer shows now probably have different reasons. Not vaccinated, bad sales, etc

10 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Don't overthink : American bands who cancel their SUMMER shows in Europe ----> not vaccinated and refuse to. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Well, or they're struggling like Mike Patton. He's in the opposite predicament, he's not comfortable touring yet even with the vaccine as far as I understand

Not looking good for american bands in 2022. A friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that European August Festivals were looking for British headliners for 2022, in order to offer them a circuit with 6 o 7 festivals for making them attractive to tour in August. 

I am sure that big festivals will take place in june/july 2022. And that's the most important thing. With or without huge american bands.

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Cancelling summer European tour due to so called "virus impact on the health of fans, band and crew" and still playing shows in USA, country with the highest numbers, is a top point of hypocrisy, if you ask me.

The USA is behind over a dozen European countries (including the UK) in terms of cases weighed against the population. Doesn't really matter that the USA is a big place. 

That said, I agree that it still doesn't make sense to play one and not the other if you're actually worried about people getting Covid at your shows, it's going to happen wherever you go. I guarantee the 14 arena shows Tool have played so far this year have seen a lot of Covid spreading but they've not had to cancel yet because of it.