Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

5 minutes ago, pigital said:

Biffy Clyro can come open the main if they want. 3rd highest spot on the main would make absolutely zero sense in Belgium and specifically on Rock Werchter. 

Yeah 3rd is too high really, take that part back. But wherever the slot, they're in Stockholm for Lolla on July 3rd and happy to be 7th on that poster. 

6 hours ago, lighthouse said:

With there being lots of rock on the lineup already, I'm hoping for some indie/soul/hip hop/pop to be added to the lineup.

Little Simz, Lorde, Stormzy, Big Thief, Wilco, Kae Tempest, St Vincent,... 

I really hope you are wrong.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, swelsbyuk said:

After doing a fair amount of overtime in recent weeks, I've found myself with a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket. I quite fancy coming to RW from the UK but don't know much re: infrastructure etc.

Thinking of getting Eurostar to Brussels. Are there then busses or trains to Werchter? 

Wife and I aren't spring chickens (late 40s). Are we going to stand out like a sore thumb?

Re: above statement, are there quieter areas to camp that aren't too rowdy?

What are the vouchers on sale? Do you need to buy them or can you use cash/card?

What are prices like for food / drink? Burger and pint cost examples?

Anything else we need to know? TIA. 

Here you go:

https://www.rockvillage.be/en/home/

This is where we are staying with my mates for a few years now. 15' walking from the entrance of RW. A bit costly (well...if you haven't booked anything yet and you are two persons you might end up paying even more for a hotel during that period) but the quality of the amenities and the close proximity to the festival site compensates. 

Oh and no worries about the age (you'll have plenty of ppl around older than you 🙂 ). Diversity is one of the main pros of RW. compared to other festivals. 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:57 AM, Scarnic said:

You have to factor in that GVF are from the US and have a market of many more millions of people. In Europe there are more diverse kinds of Rock and Indie music that aren't as popular in other parts of the world. Refer to what is popular in Spain, France, Italy etc. 

The stats are 'real' figures but RW bands are chosen to fit a certain demographic regardless of stats.

Sure, you're all right guys. But this doesn't change the fact that in many Countries outside UK Biffy Clyro are not considered a big act (I attended at their show at NOS Alive a few years ago and they had an afternoon slot before Robert Plant, Pixies and Chemical Brothers). Greta Van Fleet instead are considered a mainstream rock act since their first album here in Italy. I don't know anywhere else 'cause I'm totally not interested in them but that's it 😁

On 1/21/2022 at 12:49 PM, ParanoidTourist said:

Concerning the age you don't need to worry. I've seen all ages between 10 - 70 represented there. I'm 42 myself. 

Correct. On Thursday i'm 16, on friday 28, on Saturday i'm 43, The last day i'm 56 years old. And the day after i'm a 70 years old man hit by a truck.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, micvet said:

Correct. On Thursday i'm 16, on friday 28, on Saturday i'm 43, The last day i'm 56 years old. And the day after i'm a 70 years old man hit by a truck.

I try to limit my alcohol consumption to evenings, which helps massively. Plus, I limit that consumption to whatever I feel like drinking, so never overboard.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, swelsbyuk said:

After doing a fair amount of overtime in recent weeks, I've found myself with a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket. I quite fancy coming to RW from the UK but don't know much re: infrastructure etc.

Thinking of getting Eurostar to Brussels. Are there then busses or trains to Werchter? 

Wife and I aren't spring chickens (late 40s). Are we going to stand out like a sore thumb?

Re: above statement, are there quieter areas to camp that aren't too rowdy?

What are the vouchers on sale? Do you need to buy them or can you use cash/card?

What are prices like for food / drink? Burger and pint cost examples?

Anything else we need to know? TIA. 

We live in Birmingham and are going by Big Green Coach. Picking us up in the city centre on wednesday, then driving us onto the ferry and all the way into Rock Werchter come the early hours of sunday. Website says they do pick ups at "Birmingham, Dover, London (Victoria Coach Station) and Manchester. "

https://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/events/rock-werchter-tickets-coach-travel

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

We live in Birmingham and are going by Big Green Coach. Picking us up in the city centre on wednesday, then driving us onto the ferry and all the way into Rock Werchter come the early hours of sunday. Website says they do pick ups at "Birmingham, Dover, London (Victoria Coach Station) and Manchester. "

I hope that should say Thursday! Lol

Thanks, I'll check it out.

7 hours ago, Ken19 said:

He was too late, all the possible spots were gone. Not the first, not the last. Shame. Maybe an extra date on Boutique? He would fit really well.

@Ken19 do we know if we're going to have names Friday? Today there were new names in England at the Parklife Festival and Rolling Loud Portugal also announced the full line-up today.

13 hours ago, Padjeq said:

It's not bad going when everyone is fresh and up for it. That journey coming back is brutal.