Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

I am not going to share that, last Friday was a disappointment for me too. 

Metallica was supposed to play the Friday this year, so it would make sense if they did the same in 2022. 

Peppers are not a sure thing for the moment. 

In 2013, Cave played in Russia and came back for Werchter. That schedule was also pretty weird.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Metallica was supposed to play the Friday this year, so it would make sense if they did the same in 2022. 

In 2013, Cave played in Russia and came back for Werchter. That schedule was also pretty weird.

Do you know why Rhcp are not a sure thing next year. For the Pinkpop, friday sold really well. I don't understand why they don't confirm their participation. Even if they want to play their own show, they can do both (festival + own shows).

I had a feeling that the Peppers would switch some of their festival appearances to headline shows. Although I thought Werchter and Pinkpop might stay in the schedule.

Firenze Rocks implied that they‘ve kept them and Funkyard confirmed that a new date is coming soon. Felyn was cancelled. Expected the same for NOS and Mad Cool and some new headline shows.

What makes me wonder is, that Werchter is still unclear. I expected a tour announcement for Europe 2022 soon.

40 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I understand you, I appreciate all the information you share with us.
Having PJ, Metallica, Peppers, Gorillaz I think the RW only had to win.
About tours, for me this one of the Bush in 2019 is super strange, they were on Tour in America and came to Portugal and left :

bush.JPG

15 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I had a feeling that the Peppers would switch some of their festival appearances to headline shows. Although I thought Werchter and Pinkpop might stay in the schedule.

Firenze Rocks implied that they‘ve kept them and Funkyard confirmed that a new date is coming soon. Felyn was cancelled. Expected the same for NOS and Mad Cool and some new headline shows.

What makes me wonder is, that Werchter is still unclear. I expected a tour announcement for Europe 2022 soon.

If the Peppers do not go to NOS Alive they have to find something equivalent, Kendrick and Billie are not enough to cover the Peppers' absence. I hope NOS alive is not the same failure that it was in 2019.

13 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

If the Peppers do not go to NOS Alive they have to find something equivalent, Kendrick and Billie are not enough to cover the Peppers' absence. I hope NOS alive is not the same failure that it was in 2019.

If I could direct the shows in Portugal I would move Red Hot Chili Peppers and Twenty One Pilots to Rock in Rio Lisbon and announce Muse for NOS Alive, but that is just my guess.

No Peppers in Wechter would be crucial for me, too.

At least from my perspective, Belgium isn't that much known for its many stadium shows like Germany or France. If we look at 2019 where Pink and Muse only did stadium shows all across europe, except in Belgium where RW somehow managed to let them play their festival instead. If RW can guarantee a full RHCP headline show with their full production and has the wallet to pay the demanded fee, I personally see no reason to cancel the appearance at RW.

I mean, RHCP played Werchter so many times, it would feel like betraying a good old friend, if they'd cancel 😄

Edited by Hullabaloo92

13 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Weird thing to say. Weren't Kendrick Lamar and Billie Eilish announced a year prior to RHCP? Making them the "original" headliners? 

Edited by lighthouse

39 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

If I could direct the shows in Portugal I would move Red Hot Chili Peppers and Twenty One Pilots to Rock in Rio Lisbon and announce Muse for NOS Alive, but that is just my guess.

No Peppers in Wechter would be crucial for me, too.

At least from my perspective, Belgium isn't that much known for its many stadium shows like Germany or France. If we look at 2019 where Pink and Muse only did stadium shows all across europe, except in Belgium where RW somehow managed to let them play their festival instead. If RW can guarantee a full RHCP headline show with their full production and has the wallet to pay the demanded fee, I personally see no reason to cancel the appearance at RW.

I mean, RHCP played Werchter so many times, it would feel like betraying a good old friend, if they'd cancel 😄

Here in Portugal who goes to NOS is because they like music, Rock in Rio is for VIP people and who goes there is to put a photo on Instagram that was Rock in Rio.
Muse in 2019 performed in Portugal on the same premises as NOS Alive, 15 days after NOS Alive, during NOS Alive 2019 there was a wheel of luck and I won a ticket for Muse, this is a sign that the sale of Tickets from Muse were doing poorly. Álvaro Covões the owner of NOS Alive is the owner of Everthing is New company that brings the biggest bands to Portugal so I don't believe in Muse.

Will the RHCP really be touring in 2022? or it will be for 2023 and comes to RW 2023 with the Rage ...

18 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Here in Portugal who goes to NOS is because they like music, Rock in Rio is for VIP people and who goes there is to put a photo on Instagram that was Rock in Rio.
Muse in 2019 performed in Portugal on the same premises as NOS Alive, 15 days after NOS Alive, during NOS Alive 2019 there was a wheel of luck and I won a ticket for Muse, this is a sign that the sale of Tickets from Muse were doing poorly. Álvaro Covões the owner of NOS Alive is the owner of Everthing is New company that brings the biggest bands to Portugal so I don't believe in Muse.

Will the RHCP really be touring in 2022? or it will be for 2023 and comes to RW 2023 with the Rage ...

Chad Smith said in a recent interview, that RHCP will tour in 2022 and new music is coming soon, I guess they will announce their lead single together with tour dates all at once

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Weird thing to say. Weren't Kendrick Lamar and Billie Eilish announced a year prior to RHCP? Making them the "original" headliners? 

It was Kendrick, Taylor Swift and Billie.
Kendrick was calm, good feedback, Taylor and Billie were harsh critics, both are not for NOS Alive, both are for Rock in Rio. However, RHCP when it was announced was excellent feedback.

40 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Primavera Sound in Portugal has just announced the Line-up and the first day could be a RW day with Tame Impala and Nick Cave

Now I'm in doubt whether to buy a ticket or not because I don't know if I'll have these two on RW 😐

I feel you. Dream combo. I think both names are typical RW names too, so there's a chance they'll both play there too. (Price-wise, Primavera has the advantage though...)

Edited by lighthouse

On 5/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

I understand you, I appreciate all the information you share with us.
Having PJ, Metallica, Peppers, Gorillaz I think the RW only had to win.
About tours, for me this one of the Bush in 2019 is super strange, they were on Tour in America and came to Portugal and left :

bush.JPG

I may be wrong but also Deftones did only one European date in summer 2017 for Super Bock Super Rock and, at the moment, they only announced one European date this year at North Music Festival.
There must be something in Portugal 😁

Edited by gigi21

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I may be wrong but also Deftones did only one European date in summer 2017 for Super Bock Super Rock and, at the moment, they only announced one European date this year at North Music Festival.
There must be something in Portugal 😁

Very very good food and cheap beer compared to the rest of europe 😁
But you're right about Deftones in 2017

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I believe Nick Cave come to RW , but Tame Impala feel RW has no interest ...

Tame Impala is one of the darlings. They played as a small band in 2011, 2013 they had a pretty high spot in the barn (on a ridiculous strong day) and 2016 was a triumph. But they are not a headliner for the sort of festival Werchter is. The last record misses one or two anthems, like on Currents had. They also are not the size of a band like Tool. 
So they have to work out a construction in which everybody is happy. Werchter can do that, but not every agent is that flexible. On the other hand, Herman Schueremans, has a good connection with this agent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/2/2021 at 11:17 PM, Ken19 said:

Tame Impala is one of the darlings. They played as a small band in 2011, 2013 they had a pretty high spot in the barn (on a ridiculous strong day) and 2016 was a triumph. But they are not a headliner for the sort of festival Werchter is. The last record misses one or two anthems, like on Currents had. They also are not the size of a band like Tool. 
So they have to work out a construction in which everybody is happy. Werchter can do that, but not every agent is that flexible. On the other hand, Herman Schueremans, has a good connection with this agent.

If in 2019 Mumford & Sons were the headliner, why couldn't the Tame Impala be? 🤔
I still think that Tame Impala , The Strokes and Liam made a pleasant day in Werchter ... I have so much doubt that it is better to buy the NOS Primavera Sound diary and thus guarantee that I will not miss the Tame Impala in 2022

• Upvote 1