Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

RW normally never bump up artists. I'm 99% sure we'll get a replacement for them. 

Based on the last two posters there's (roughly) 8 headline sized acts and 25 mid-range, we have our 8 big names on the poster so we're due about 6 more after FNM and The Streets dropping.

My guesses would be something along the lines of BMTH, Wolf Alice, Bastille, Slowthai, Little Simz, Idles.

1 hour ago, Festcrazy said:

Indeed. You should stay at home if you're affraid of virus. 

In 60's we had pandemics of flu and we had Woodstock. People are dying, that's reality, but what sort of life will be living in cage?

Flue is not to compare.. stay at home you say but where People go after a mass event? To home..

1 hour ago, foofajter said:

I would allow all the events. I will not terrorize people with stupid covid passes. And it will be your decision to get a vaccine or stay at home blablabla. Simple as that

Allow all events without restrictions? Its craziness . People from all over the world bringing together , perfect place to create mass infection and new variants.  Then everybody goes home and you ll see what happens. As long its not your father, mother or grandparents that got seriously sick there s no problem and you can party? 

Better take the decision for obligate vaccination in whole world. Would solve much problems

2 hours ago, P.bintein said:

I don't blame government, health is the most important thing and they've no other choice. Omicron still a more dangerous than other virus and if for the health of everyone we must given up live show I'll understand.

Its True, makes little less sick but not to everybody. Unvaccinated make life more difficult then needed . 

I also want live music back. But i read here somebody saving living in a Cage. You really feel that way? Much things are still possible.

31 minutes ago, Festilitis said:

Its True, makes little less sick but not to everybody. Unvaccinated make life more difficult then needed . 

I also want live music back. But i read here somebody saving living in a Cage. You really feel that way? Much things are still possible.

For me being vaxxed and not doing things that I want to is living in a cage.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Festilitis said:

I think we ll need to see the situation next summer. Much can change , the only thing is that band and organisation need to know before what s possible. And thats the problem this times

Next summer?

Ok, you already cancled your life. 

If this festival seson is canceled, I won't put hope on 2023 or 2024

1 hour ago, Festcrazy said:

Next summer?

Ok, you already cancled your life. 

If this festival seson is canceled, I won't put hope on 2023 or 2024

Yes, it's the reason why, music industry has to change and gain money more on creativity rather than live show even if there is streaming.

I love live show but in the next few years, I don't think it'll be possible to have big show, maybe small tour in small venue but not mass event like festival.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, P.bintein said:

Yes, it's the reason why, music industry has to change and gain money more on creativity rather than live show even if there is streaming.

I love live show but in the next few years, I don't think it'll be possible to have big show, maybe small tour in small venue but not mass event like festival.

Then they should shut down all the music industry.

You can have online events, but there are not even close to real live music.

We did what we can with vaccines really, virus will be around probably forever.

Edited by Festcrazy

44 minutes ago, Beffrey Jezos said:

I couldn't help but notice - Nine Inch Nails are playing Hellfest so are in the local area. Any chance they'll show up As a Faith No More replacement or otherwise? 

Would make sense and be great for me personally. I think NiN probably have a few unannounced dates for next year considering they've got 3 random festival dates throughout the year. 

We are early January. Things can change quickly. Yes, Omicron is here but lot of countries are giving a 3rd vaccine/booster. Let's have some hope people! Come on! Remember that less than 3 months ago, in October, life was coming back to almost normal, I honestly thought we couldn't be in a situation like we are today. It's Winter. We may have some hope cases and variant will be less present when Spring is coming. Festivals need to know lot of time in advance. Let's hope the gov' will be a better job this time. From mid-February, we should have a unique Covid Passeport in all Europe (at least European Union), it may help. At least to have the same rules everywhere. Let's see in a few weeks what's the situation.

Last Summer, many festivals happened in UK. A few festivals like Alcatraz happened in Belgium. A few festivals in other European countries as well. Without being the beginning of a new crisis. So it's possible. Keep hope. If you don't, how bands and promoter can? 🙂

About Rock Werchter, as it's this topic: I'm pretty sure they'll find a good replacement for Faith No More. At least to motivative a public a little bit different than the fans of ID/21P/Yungblud...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Archi said:

We are early January. Things can change quickly. Yes, Omicron is here but lot of countries are giving a 3rd vaccine/booster. Let's have some hope people! Come on! Remember that less than 3 months ago, in October, life was coming back to almost normal, I honestly thought we couldn't be in a situation like we are today. It's Winter. We may have some hope cases and variant will be less present when Spring is coming. Festivals need to know lot of time in advance. Let's hope the gov' will be a better job this time. From mid-February, we should have a unique Covid Passeport in all Europe (at least European Union), it may help. At least to have the same rules everywhere. Let's see in a few weeks what's the situation.

Last Summer, many festivals happened in UK. A few festivals like Alcatraz happened in Belgium. A few festivals in other European countries as well. Without being the beginning of a new crisis. So it's possible. Keep hope. If you don't, how bands and promoter can? 🙂

About Rock Werchter, as it's this topic: I'm pretty sure they'll find a good replacement for Faith No More. At least to motivative a public a little bit different than the fans of ID/21P/Yungblud...

The problem is that during the summer situation is always better and in October he have better situation than now during the winter. 

Artists need to be sure that they can do entire tour without problems and at the moment they can't be sure about that and that's the reason why some of them already cancel tour.

For example, one US artist needs to be sure that they can do one/two month European without getting positive. Looks like they need to test themselves even being vaccinated.

In other news..."The Smile" are becoming more and more active. Their debut album is at the track-listing stage and a launch concert is announced for the end of January. So if we are to see Thom Yorke at RW this year (and I think we will) in any form, it looks like this will be the one. 

Another band that will be touring in the summer and would be a perfect fit for RW (@The Barn) is Madrugada. I really hope the the bookers have their eyes on them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

In other news..."The Smile" are becoming more and more active. Their debut album is at the track-listing stage and a launch concert is announced for the end of January. So if we are to see Thom Yorke at RW this year (and I think we will) in any form, it looks like this will be the one. 

Another band that will be touring in the summer and would be a perfect fit for RW (@The Barn) is Madrugada. I really hope the the bookers have their eyes on them.

Madrugada would be awsome, but I will be very pleasantly surprised if they are a band on their list...