Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

I truly and utterly don't care where Boss plays in Italy. He's not gonna play Rock Werchter, same goes with my country (unfortunately).

Is it just me dreaming we'll miss Imagine  Dragons bullet this time ? 

Edited by heti

41 minutes ago, heti said:

I truly and utterly don't care where Boss plays in Italy. He's not gonna play Rock Werchter, same goes with my country (unfortunately).

Is it just me dreaming we'll miss Imagine  Dragons bullet this time ? 

Sorry, but the ID-bullet is heading your way... 

44 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Weren't they planning to bulldoze San Siro or has that plan not begun yet?

Still standing... shows planned for next summer.

4 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

I really hope it‘s Bruce, but I Days would be a very unusual choice. Is San Siro not available for any reason? Concert limits or construction?

Bruce is just pure guess... I only know about ID.

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Still standing... shows planned for next summer.

Ironic use of still standing given Elton John is one of the concerts there next summer.

Sounds like the new San Siro will be a while off yet looking at comments, seeing as it was announced this week that the current stadium will be used for the opening ceremony of the 2026 Winter Olympics being held in Milan.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, foofajter said:

Tnx. But it’s not a humour, it’s our reality in time of corona bullshit

I don't think it will be cancelled. Society is used now to close down during winter and open up in the summer when the virus spread is low. Furthermore,  the festival is outside. 

52 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I don't think it will be cancelled. Society is used now to close down during winter and open up in the summer when the virus spread is low. Furthermore,  the festival is outside. 

1) Will it be fully open though? Or will large gathering still have limited capacity?

2) It really doesn't matter whether it's inside or outside as has been proven before with outbreaks at festivals (Boardmasters or that Dutch EDM festival) and football matches (Euro 2021).

3) It seems like governments don't care how society feels about Covid and don't have any problem with going into full lockdowns even after some kind of normality was promised.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

1) Will it be fully open though? Or will large gathering still have limited capacity?

2) It really doesn't matter whether it's inside or outside as has been proven before with outbreaks at festivals (Boardmasters or that Dutch EDM festival) and football matches (Euro 2021).

3) It seems like governments don't care how society feels about Covid and don't have any problem with going into full lockdowns even after some kind of normality was promised.

The UK had full (100%) capacity outdoor and indoor/tent stages festivals in September. I know as I went to one! 

By next Summer:

- there will be even more people protected/with antibodies

- the weather will reduce the circulation of the disease

- there will be no govt money to support these cultural sectors with funding

The only risk is a crazy new variant emerging just before festival season. Would say less than 10% chance this happens but it's not impossible. A new variant in winter is much worse.

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The UK had full (100%) capacity outdoor and indoor/tent stages festivals in September. I know as I went to one! 

By next Summer:

- there will be even more people protected/with antibodies

- the weather will reduce the circulation of the disease

- there will be no govt money to support these cultural sectors with funding

The only risk is a crazy new variant emerging just before festival season. Would say less than 10% chance this happens but it's not impossible. A new variant in winter is much worse.

Yes, there will be festivals in the UK next summer, I'm sure of that but governments in mainland Europe (especially in Germany/Austria and Benelux) are generally more careful. It's all nice what you're saying (you were saying something similar also a year ago and look how that went) but the reality is usually different and politicians somehow get scared... that is what makes me doubtful about next festival season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Yes, there will be festivals in the UK next summer, I'm sure of that but governments in mainland Europe (especially in Germany/Austria and Benelux) are generally more careful. It's all nice what you're saying (you were saying something similar also a year ago and look how that went) but the reality is usually different and politicians somehow get scared... that is what makes me doubtful about next festival season.

That's fair comment. 

I do think the balance is tipping towards it being better to keep as much of the economy going and accept a bit more illness.

The big test is hospitals getting overrun. 

They are at risk of being overrun, hence why political decisions are veering to a safety-first approach.

I can't see them being overrun in the Summer for some of the reasons I mentioned above.

There will be a dramatically higher % of young people vaccinated Summer '22 vs Summer '21.

Edited by xxialac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Springsteens Euro-tour cancelled because of Omicron... A bit premature if you ask me, but a sign that it will be more to come from other american artists?

You cannot cancel a tour that isn‘t announced. Atm word is only the announcement has been postponed. Where do you take your info from?

11 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

You cannot cancel a tour that isn‘t announced. Atm word is only the announcement has been postponed. Where do you take your info from?

Cancelled/postponed, it's off any way. Not sure about the US-part, but I guess that's where it started. Will try to rescehdule for 2023. 

59 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Cancelled/postponed, it's off any way. Not sure about the US-part, but I guess that's where it started. Will try to rescehdule for 2023. 

Ah, you‘ve been the guy that had info on Scandinavian dates, right? So this info, that the tour is off is coming from a reliable source?

Still puzzles me, as rumors always indicated the tour is on, only the announcement has been postponed. A promotor from the Netherlands just recently applied for a permit to hold a concert at Megaland in Landgraaf on 12 June. Which was the rumored date for Springsteen there. So there‘s definitely still planning going on in the background.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Ah, you‘ve been the guy that had info on Scandinavian dates, right? So this info, that the tour is off is coming from a reliable source?

Still puzzles me, as rumors always indicated the tour is on, only the announcement has been postponed. A promotor from the Netherlands just recently applied for a permit to hold a concert at Megaland in Landgraaf on 12 June. Which was the rumored date for Springsteen there. So there‘s definitely still planning going on in the background.

I doubt there is any planning after today at least, but I won't speak for anyone else. As far as I know the tour is postponed for 2023, and I count the source as very realiable. 

• Thanks 1