Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

43 minutes ago, mikebat said:

21 pilots and Faith no more are not the 2 co-headliners of saturday ?
Maybe I will resale my friday tickets to buy saturday tickets..

No, the main headliners were Kendrick Lamar (2020) and Gorillaz (2021) for that day. Gorillaz is sadly playing Boutique though... 21P is co-headlining, but I'm pretty sure it'll not be the main name of the day.

Faith No More is not a headliner. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mikebat said:

21 pilots and Faith no more are not the 2 co-headliners of saturday ?
Maybe I will resale my friday tickets to buy saturday tickets..

yes those 2 co-headliners on saturday. Friday is sold out so people should be looking for it.

According to Ken's declarations, the headliner for Saturday will only be announced when the headliner announces it. Monday pinkpop will announce its last headliner, two other headliners already announced are the same as RW (PJ and Metallica), in recent years, the maximum common headliners between the two festivals was 2 headliners in common, only in 2016 is that all Pinkpop headliners were the same as RW's.
Pinkpop in today's ad put this in ( 🤘 ) , so kendrick must not be , I'm believing Bruce or Stones ... or someone who is forgotten 😆

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

No, the main headliners were Kendrick Lamar (2020) and Gorillaz (2021) for that day. Gorillaz is sadly playing Boutique though... 21P is co-headlining, but I'm pretty sure it'll not be the main name of the day.

Faith No More is not a headliner. 

Thanks ! I'll wait for the name to take a decision.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

yes those 2 co-headliners on saturday. Friday is sold out so people should be looking for it.

According to Ken's declarations, the headliner for Saturday will only be announced when the headliner announces it. Monday pinkpop will announce its last headliner, two other headliners already announced are the same as RW (PJ and Metallica), in recent years, the maximum common headliners between the two festivals was 2 headliners in common, only in 2016 is that all Pinkpop headliners were the same as RW's.
Pinkpop in today's ad put this in ( 🤘 ) , so kendrick must not be , I'm believing Bruce or Stones ... or someone who is forgotten 😆

I hope an exclusive headliner 😄
Thanks for your reply !

I know I’m in a small minority but I would love it if Springsteen was here instead of TW Classic (I know he’s at TW Classic by the sounds of it so it’s a moot point) but it would be arguably my favourite live artist at my favourite festival and that would just be amazing.

Really unsure who the Saturday headliner will be now, but I also hope for a batch of smaller/medium names tomorrow to get a bit of an understanding about the line up. 

I would have loved Placebo and Interpol on the line up but they’re both ruled out, so instead hoping we might get Beck, The War On Drugs, Foals and a few more of that ilk to fill some decent spots across the weekend

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I know I’m in a small minority but I would love it if Springsteen was here instead of TW Classic (I know he’s at TW Classic by the sounds of it so it’s a moot point) but it would be arguably my favourite live artist at my favourite festival and that would just be amazing.

Really unsure who the Saturday headliner will be now, but I also hope for a batch of smaller/medium names tomorrow to get a bit of an understanding about the line up. 

I would have loved Placebo and Interpol on the line up but they’re both ruled out, so instead hoping we might get Beck, The War On Drugs, Foals and a few more of that ilk to fill some decent spots across the weekend

I would have hoped we're not a minority, but The Boss is pretty unrealistic at RW from what I've read in here before. If I were to be proved wrong though, it would be the best ever. There is none above him on my list, but unfortunately I expect I have to find other places to see him next year.. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

ANd we sure that this Pinkpop headliner is Saturays' RW ? 'cause I still think Kendrick is the missing headliner for RW, so the 🤘might be someone else.. Except Arctic Monkeys, I don't see any big rock act (headline level) missing so far.. ! (the Stones and AC/DC are unreachable for fests' to me, but who knows..)

15 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

ANd we sure that this Pinkpop headliner is Saturays' RW ? 'cause I still think Kendrick is the missing headliner for RW, so the 🤘might be someone else.. Except Arctic Monkeys, I don't see any big rock act (headline level) missing so far.. ! (the Stones and AC/DC are unreachable for fests' to me, but who knows..)

Genesis maybe ? They are back in 2022.. They are a legendary band..

Bjork will be on tour too....

Edited by mikebat

It’s funny because usually at the end of October, we’re lucky if we have one name for Werchter, never mind 5 so I’m very grateful for what we’ve got. I think it’s literally just because we haven’t had a festival for so long and everywhere else has nearly full line ups that they’ve rolled over it just feels like we’re feeding on scraps at the minute haha

7 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

It’s funny because usually at the end of October, we’re lucky if we have one name for Werchter, never mind 5 so I’m very grateful for what we’ve got. I think it’s literally just because we haven’t had a festival for so long and everywhere else has nearly full line ups that they’ve rolled over it just feels like we’re feeding on scraps at the minute haha

Agreed, but the last point is the important one. Apparantly ticket sales must be going well despite almost no names, since they can afford to wait so much longer than competiting festivals. Would be interesting to see how ticket sales will be going forward with Covid-cases spiking throughout Europe again. Here in Norway everyone expected concerts to be packed after pretty much every restriction was lifted, but some artists (especially those that target older audiences) are beginning to cancel their tours due to disappointing ticket sales. It seems like some people are reluctant to big crowds still, so the risk of slower sales now that those really eager to go to festivals have bought their tickets, is probably there.

• Upvote 1

Don’t know if anyone has read this the same as me, but I-Days Milano seem to be suggesting they’re adding the final two headliners on Monday. Would assume one links to the Pinkpop announcement (Springsteen) but the other name could be our missing Saturday headliner?

It hasn’t saved when I’ve screenshot it but it says “Two new incredible headliners are about to land on planet I-Days. The Countdown is on #Monday” when translated

0E02A333-F7E6-4342-99FE-DEF8985FBD4F.png

Edited by 49Lawson
Error with screenshot

17 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Don’t know if anyone has read this the same as me, but I-Days Milano seem to be suggesting they’re adding the final two headliners on Monday. Would assume one links to the Pinkpop announcement (Springsteen) but the other name could be our missing Saturday headliner?

It hasn’t saved when I’ve screenshot it but it says “Two new incredible headliners are about to land on planet I-Days. The Countdown is on #Monday” when translated

Let's hope for some news on Monday then... Maybe getting the last headliner in place, will make room for some other announcements as well. Is a fifth day still in play so we can get two headliners or is that ruled out?

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

Let's hope for some news on Monday then... Maybe getting the last headliner in place, will make room for some other announcements as well. Is a fifth day still in play so we can get two headliners or is that ruled out?

Not sure what’s happening with the 5th day, assuming we can rule it out though as Ken would have probably mentioned it before now?

Just having a look at the I-Days line up for 2020; they had Aerosmith and Foo Fighters (who have reconfirmed) and then System of a Down and Billie Eilish who they’ve ruled out. Also had a day for an Italian artist called Vasco Rossi but it doesn’t look like he’s about next year either so hopefully this does through a new name into the mix

6 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

If it links to Pinkpop Springsteen might be a big hoax. Couldn‘t image Springsteen playing I-Days and not San Siro.

Also, why isn‘t Mad Cool teasing if Springsteen is scheduled for Monday? It doesn‘t add up.

16 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pinkpop and I Days Milano are in June, Rage Against The Machine will stop concerts in the united states between May 23rd and July 9th. That's why I'm trusting their confirmation tomorrow.

RATM are not going to come to Europe during those weeks. That gap was also there in 2020, yet they only came to Europe in August.

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pinkpop and I Days Milano are in June, Rage Against The Machine will stop concerts in the united states between May 23rd and July 9th. That's why I'm trusting their confirmation tomorrow.

Imagine Dragons are one of the bands for I Days Milano. They’re announcing more dates tomorrow. I guess the second name will be Bruce… definitely no RATM.

Edited by Newjem

12 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Imagine Dragons are one of the bands for I Days Milano. They’re announcing more dares tomorrow. I guess the secind name will be Bruce… definitely no RATM.

I really hope it‘s Bruce, but I Days would be a very unusual choice. Is San Siro not available for any reason? Concert limits or construction?