Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

48 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Imagine Dragons are still around, could be a suitable combination with Twenty One Pilots.

For TW Classic my guess is Bruce Springsteen + The Killers, so they can perform "Dustland" together 😉 

Whilst I think Imagine Dragons will be there (I’m sure Ken mentioned a few pages back that we’ll possibly not avoid them) the idea of them being a headliner at Werchter in a year when (potentially) Springsteen, McCartney, Gorillaz, Nick Cave, Green Day, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, The Killers, The Strokes, Muse, Foos and a whole lot more are floating around would be beyond underwhelming 

• Upvote 1

About RW, someone know if we'll have names soon ?
I'm from Tahiti and I have 1 day Tickets (x2)  (Metallica's day ), if I can't have more names soon I have to resale my tickets and plan another festival.
I'm not a big fan of Metallica but this was the only day possible for me this week.

17 minutes ago, mikebat said:

About RW, someone know if we'll have names soon ?
I'm from Tahiti and I have 1 day Tickets (x2)  (Metallica's day ), if I can't have more names soon I have to resale my tickets and plan another festival.
I'm not a big fan of Metallica but this was the only day possible for me this week.

Yeah you will know a lot more soon enough.

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

If you want to avoid Metallica there will probably be good alternatives in the Barn / KlubC. 

Really hoping we’ll get new names this week though... 

Yes, that's why I wait for names before resale or not my tickets..
I have to plan my holidays, and I can't wait too long now, I hope names this week or the next...
I'll be at Werchter Boutique and I'm disppointed by Gorillaz headlining (I don't like their lives ), I don't want be disappointed twice..

15 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Whilst I think Imagine Dragons will be there (I’m sure Ken mentioned a few pages back that we’ll possibly not avoid them) the idea of them being a headliner at Werchter in a year when (potentially) Springsteen, McCartney, Gorillaz, Nick Cave, Green Day, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, The Killers, The Strokes, Muse, Foos and a whole lot more are floating around would be beyond underwhelming 

I agree with you , if they announce Imagine Dragons with Twenty One Pilots as the Headliners of that day for that I don't even think I leave Portugal , I'll go to NOS Alive.

But the possible names you speak I only see The Killers and The Strokes ...

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I agree with you , if they announce Imagine Dragons with Twenty One Pilots as the Headliners of that day for that I don't even think I leave Portugal , I'll go to NOS Alive.

But the possible names you speak I only see The Killers and The Strokes ...

Yeah, most of the names I’ve mentioned are ruled out due to Graspop or other reasons, some of them wouldn’t really link well with a run of FNM - 21P before them either to be fair

Also, The Hive has just sold out 

17 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Also, The Hive has just sold out 

I just added 4 The Hive tickets to my order and it's still available

EDIT:

You must've thought about The Hive RESORT. That appareantly is indeed sold out.

Edited by heti

35 minutes ago, heti said:

I just added 4 The Hive tickets to my order and it's still available

EDIT:

You must've thought about The Hive RESORT. That appareantly is indeed sold out.

That’s the one! Sorry for any panic caused there, would help if I could read properly haha!

25 minutes ago, Blaxey said:

So, having seen the different artists that have been announced at other festivals, and with enough intrigue and doubt, what would be your line-up bet?😜

I bet Royal blood, Jorja Smith, London Grammar, Jamie Cullum, Thrice, St Vincent, The Killers, Chemical Brothers, Alt-J, Pixies, Editors, Florence and the machine.. and maybe Queen of the stone age.

20 hours ago, Blaxey said:

So, having seen the different artists that have been announced at other festivals, and with enough intrigue and doubt, what would be your line-up bet?😜

Sum 41 and Jimmy Eat World are almost dead certain  - they were to play in 2020, both have dates during RW

On 10/25/2021 at 10:34 PM, Hullabaloo92 said:

For TW Classic my guess is Bruce Springsteen + The Killers, so they can perform "Dustland" together 😉 

I'd forgotten they did such a collab. That would be quite something to see happen live, and Brandon has form singing with Bruce (Pinkpop in 2009 I think?) so would be cool to see the reverse.

Pinkpop teasing a big announcement for Monday, might be worth keeping an eye on because in the past I’ve often found Pinkpop and Werchter share a good chunk of the line up. If I’m not mistaken I think they’ve even worked together on booking bigger bands in the past (Paul McCartney in 2016 jumps to mind but Ken might be able to correct me there if I’ve got that wrong)

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Pinkpop teasing a big announcement for Monday, might be worth keeping an eye on because in the past I’ve often found Pinkpop and Werchter share a good chunk of the line up. If I’m not mistaken I think they’ve even worked together on booking bigger bands in the past (Paul McCartney in 2016 jumps to mind but Ken might be able to correct me there if I’ve got that wrong)

Springsteen