Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

49 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I might be putting 2+2 together and getting 4,000 here but I’m assuming from the message in the Mad Cool forum you know it’s Springsteen for the 2nd TWClassic and the announcement is due shortly?

I would agree with you that it seems like it’s Springsteen for the 2nd TW Classic night but I’m sure Ken had hinted at Paul McCartney for that previously, any word on where he might end up if he’s not playing TW Classic? He’s strongly rumoured to be headlining Glastonbury and all of the other associated Glastonbury rumours look to be true so far.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mikebat said:

Gorillaz at Boutique.. I have my ticket for this day, but was hoping a good headliner.
Am I the only one who think Gorillaz is a bad live band ? 😞

I find them boring now.. so I wouldn't say "bad", just " no thank you, not anymore..".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebat said:

Gorillaz at Boutique.. I have my ticket for this day, but was hoping a good headliner.
Am I the only one who think Gorillaz is a bad live band ? 😞

I feel like Glastonbury 2010 did a lot to paint perceptions of them being sub-par and I did find a few concert vids on YouTube hit-and-miss. Then I saw them in Paris 3 years ago and thought they were awesome, and heard good reviews of their London O2 show earlier this year.

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I would agree with you that it seems like it’s Springsteen for the 2nd TW Classic night but I’m sure Ken had hinted at Paul McCartney for that previously, any word on where he might end up if he’s not playing TW Classic? He’s strongly rumoured to be headlining Glastonbury and all of the other associated Glastonbury rumours look to be true so far.

Yeah I remember it looking like Macca was likely for the 2nd date, I was just speculating as Ken seemed to know that it’s Springsteen for Mad Cool and it made sense he would know what if he was going to be announced for a Werchter date too.

Either way, the idea of Macca and Springsteen floating around next year on top of so many other great bands is going to make 2022 a vintage year if they come off. I’ve missed just having a legitimate rumour mill for us to sink our teeth in to

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Dennisf said:

Macca for 2nd TW Classic would be strange… 

Our tickets for TW Classic 2020 (with Macca) were automatically transfered to TWC 1 (Nick Cave) by 31 of August. It wouldn’t make sense if they anounce Macca without tickets from 2020 being valid for the new date…

I hope it's Macca (plus The Killers) though. Feels like the very very last chance to see him live. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Will this week have names Wednesday on TW and Friday on RW?!
I honestly don't understand anything anymore

We are just waiting for Boss or Stones to announce their tour dates. One of then should be at TW. I think that might happen this week and Werchter announcement will follow after this. Well, that's just my guess 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, pete76 said:

We are just waiting for Boss or Stones to announce their tour dates. One of then should be at TW. I think that might happen this week and Werchter announcement will follow after this. Well, that's just my guess 

Bit tired of Boutique or TW Classic or Coldplay delaying the RW announcements. It's taking too long. 

• Upvote 3

What do You think about Puscifer possibility ? They were on 2021 Mad Cool line-up, now they're not + Maynard is touring with Tool 4 months straight until late May

I also rediscovered Angels & Airvawes. Dates throughout UK, DE and FR in March, would fit RW pretty well in my opinion.

Edited by heti

58 minutes ago, pete76 said:

boss on TW
Stones on RW on Saturday sold out as it sold out on Friday.

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

Why should TW/Boutique announcement affect when RW are adding new names? I know that they are "related", but it's different bands and different dates, so there's no overlapping.. 

Same promoter. Happening at the same place. Kind of same audience sometimes. Would be so stupid from them to announce names for both of their festivals at the same time...

2 minutes ago, Archi said:

Same promoter. Happening at the same place. Kind of same audience sometimes. Would be so stupid from them to announce names for both of their festivals at the same time...

Agreed that announcing at the same time could be an issue, but right now none of them are announcing, and it's not like RW doesn't have anything booked yet.. I also understand that it's probably due to some kind of delay from one of the headliners, but still I expect them to have both a plan A,B,C,D and when delays start to turn into weeks, they must be able to change their announcement plan as well..

• Like 1