Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

30 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Considering the size of that Mad Cool line up, this has made me very hopeful for Werchter!

And Primavera, who still has one of (maybe the) best lineups I’ve ever seen.

They’ll have a day where you can see Jorja Smith > Gorillaz > Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds > Tyler The creator back to back. Crazy. 

Hello all! Newbie here! I have been following this forum for years but never actually participated. Thanks for all the useful insights!

Does anybody know if the Rock Village will open its doors at RW 2022? They have been awfully quiet in social media and their website for a long time now...

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, misterplow said:

And Primavera, who still has one of (maybe the) best lineups I’ve ever seen.

They’ll have a day where you can see Jorja Smith > Gorillaz > Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds > Tyler The creator back to back. Crazy. 

Primavera and Roskilde are another category, RW is going for all the big names, the more quality headliners (and overall line up) can you find in Roskilde/Primavera and some others. Mad Cool tries do the same like RW. And they benefit from the live nation promotors in Europe.

19 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Primavera and Roskilde are another category, RW is going for all the big names, the more quality headliners (and overall line up) can you find in Roskilde/Primavera and some others. Mad Cool tries do the same like RW. And they benefit from the live nation promotors in Europe.

Being Live Nation linked to RW, can RW benefit from the tour of bands linked to Live Nations ???

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

I think RW will win the stacked day competition. 
And the day events…

I hope you're right,  'have no interests in a no-camping festival, so Mad Cool was always out of question for me.. but I'm a bit jealous (no, ENVIOUS) when I see this line-up 😅

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I’m going to guess QOTSA subbing Metallica, which would be a massive coup since they co-headlined in 2018

Thought about the same structure since Mad Cool announced them. QOTSA + Metallica would be mind-blowing.

Florence for Saturday and The Strokes for Sunday and we're good to go.

In other news - Rise Against announced solo Belgium show one week before RW so they're obviously out of the picture.

Peter Gabriel is back for a new album and tour in 2022, maybe Werchter ??
And The Weeknd ? too big to be co-headliner ?

London grammar, Jorja Smith, Jamie Cullum, Deftones, Thrice, Royal blood, Black label society, deadmau5 etc.. I hope some of them at Werchter 2022 !

59 minutes ago, mikebat said:

Peter Gabriel is back for a new album and tour in 2022, maybe Werchter ??
And The Weeknd ? too big to be co-headliner ?

London grammar, Jorja Smith, Jamie Cullum, Deftones, Thrice, Royal blood, Black label society, deadmau5 etc.. I hope some of them at Werchter 2022 !

The Weeknd will be doing his own tour (stadiums).

Peter Gabriel would be great for the Barn.

Deftones and Black Label Society are playing Graspop (exclusively). Deadmau5 might be more of a Pukkelpop or Tomorrowland thing. While I miss having the dance act headliners after the rock headliners at Rock Werchter, there's probably not enough people that agree with that sentiment. 

18 minutes ago, The Black said:

The Weeknd will be doing his own tour (stadiums).

Peter Gabriel would be great for the Barn.

Deftones and Black Label Society are playing Graspop (exclusively). Deadmau5 might be more of a Pukkelpop or Tomorrowland thing. While I miss having the dance act headliners after the rock headliners at Rock Werchter, there's probably not enough people that agree with that sentiment. 

I think he might be too big for that.

Just bought mine and my partner's tickets, very excited, first oveseas festival. Can't believe it's taken us so long when the lineups are usually so much better. PJ / Metallica / RHCP / FNM alone pretty much covers the cost of the ticket already in my eyes, let alone everyone else that's coming.

Questions for people who've been before:
Do we need wellies? Assume not since it's not England
What's the situation with taking our own food/drink? My guess is we can take what we like into the camping area but they will search people for alcohol entering the arena area?
How do the tokens shake out roughly? We bought 60 in advance with the intention to mostly live on our own food/drink. Is it roughly 2 tokens per pint?

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Just bought mine and my partner's tickets, very excited, first oveseas festival. Can't believe it's taken us so long when the lineups are usually so much better. PJ / Metallica / RHCP / FNM alone pretty much covers the cost of the ticket already in my eyes, let alone everyone else that's coming.

Questions for people who've been before:
Do we need wellies? Assume not since it's not England
What's the situation with taking our own food/drink? My guess is we can take what we like into the camping area but they will search people for alcohol entering the arena area?
How do the tokens shake out roughly? We bought 60 in advance with the intention to mostly live on our own food/drink. Is it roughly 2 tokens per pint?

Cheers!

The last two years (the festival ran) it has been incredibly hot, all the stages have flooring (including the main stage unless you're really far back) and if I recall correctly if it does rain they tend to put lots of sand down, so you may not need wellies. Take what you want into camping as long as its not glass but security going into arena is pretty strict, you put everything on you in a box and go through metal detectors, booze in empty sun cream bottle always works mind you (plus they have free sun cream in there anyway). It's one token for one 250ml beer (300ml if you go to the Jupiler bar thing near the North West Walls earlier in the day), they only have Jupiler and some sort of low % wine I think at the main bars. Food ranges from 2-4 tokens mostly and is generally pretty good but in-between the arena and the camping theres lots of food vans that take euros and while they're expensive you get much bigger portions than in the arena for the same money. 

Edited by Aech
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aech said:

The last two years (the festival ran) it has been incredibly hot, all the stages have flooring (including the main stage unless you're really far back) and if I recall correctly if it does rain they tend to put lots of sand down, so you may not need wellies. Take what you want into camping as long as its not glass but security going into arena is pretty strict, you put everything on you in a box and go through metal detectors, booze in empty sun cream bottle always works mind you (plus they have free sun cream in there anyway). It's one token for one 250ml beer (300ml if you go to the Jupiler bar thing near the North West Walls earlier in the day), they only have Jupiler and some sort of low % wine I think at the main bars. Food ranges from 2-4 tokens mostly and is generally pretty good but in-between the arena and the camping theres lots of food vans that take euros and while they're expensive you get much bigger portions than in the arena for the same money. 

Perfect, thanks for this!