Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

1 hour ago, Blaxey said:

Florence + The Machine and QOTSA for MadCool

Much, much more names for Mad Cool actually. 

Animal Collective (!!!), HAIM, Chvrches, Sam Fender, Four Tet, Arlo Parks, Glass Animals, Flume, Villagers, Yves Tumor,... Those names are much more interesting for RW actually than the ones you mentioned. 

Mad Cool has a day with Muse , Queen of the stone age and Faith no More , hopefully at least RHCP and The Strokes on the same day on RW.

There have been criticisms about the organization of the MD here on the forum but one thing is for sure is that they have a big poster... and they still lack a name

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2021 at 12:03 AM, Daniel Ferreira said:

will it be so?

Thursday  :  PJ - (PIXIES)
Friday : Metallica - (Royal Blood)
Saturday : (Gorillaz) - Twenty One Pilots
Sunday : Red Hot Chili Peppers - (The Strokes)

(At Firenze Rocks the RHCP is with A$ap Rocky)

🧐

Thursday  :  PJ - (PIXIES) - (The War on Drugs )
Friday : Metallica - (Queen of The Stone Age) - (Liam Gallagher) 
Saturday : (Gorillaz) - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More
Sunday : Red Hot Chili Peppers - (The Strokes) - (The Luminiers)

• Like 1

Rock Werchter had bigger lineup (just in popularity, quality can be debatable always) than Mad Cool in the previous years is well. Mad Cool is the one who announces first so they get all the "wow, look at that lineup" reactions then Werchter comes 3 months later with basically the same lineup + some more and people aren't really wowed 

Edited by Nicklord

5 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Rock Werchter had bigger lineup (just in popularity, quality can be debatable always) than Mad Cool in the previous years is well. Mad Cool is the one who announces first so they get all the "wow, look at that lineup" reactions then Werchter comes 3 months later with basically the same lineup + some more and people aren't really wowed 

Yeah that’s true enough. Werchter is my favourite festival and the only one I’ve done annually since I first went in 2014 (barring the pandemic editions obviously) but one area I would say they’re slow in is getting the line up out compared to the festivals they compete with. 

In 2018 I ended up doing both Werchter and Mad Cool because the MC line up looked too good to resist and I couldn’t risk it selling out and then Werchter not delivering. In the end Werchter had a line up equally as good so I’m hoping for a similar scenario in 2022 as well as I’ve still kept my tickets for both of them.

29 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I think RW will win the stacked day competition. 

I wonder if there's some big batch of names coming this Friday since other festivals (Mad Cool, Roskilde, Open'er, Nos Alive etc.) have already shared a fair amount of their line-ups.

• Upvote 3