Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

16 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

you serious..? I'd just take 3 names lol, would be so mad if I was going to Roskilde, which is supposed to be in the European top 3 festivals..

These are just the first names. 😉 Curious about which names you'd like to see. 

Hoping for Tyler the Creator, his last album is one of the best albums of the year and his recent shows (like his Lollapalooza set) look really great. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Hoping for Tyler the Creator, his last album is one of the best albums of the year and his recent shows (like his Lollapalooza set) look really great. 

I really didn’t think there was a chance of a Tyler appearance but after the Roskilde announcement I have hope again now, great choice and I could totally see him on the current Saturday line up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Dua Lipa, IDLES and Fontaines DC. Also maybe Poppy lol. But I never heard of ag club, alogte oho, erika de casier, lingua ignota, land of kush... who the F are they ?? 😅 sorry lol, but it's Roskilde, I'm surprised to see this kind of names..

15 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Dua Lipa, IDLES and Fontaines DC. Also maybe Poppy lol. But I never heard of ag club, alogte oho, erika de casier, lingua ignota, land of kush... who the F are they ?? 😅 sorry lol, but it's Roskilde, I'm surprised to see this kind of names..

Just take a look at some of the past Roskilde line-ups and you won't be surprised anymore. Their undecard is always very strong and vast.

13 minutes ago, mln said:

Just take a look at some of the past Roskilde line-ups and you won't be surprised anymore. Their undecard is always very strong and vast.

I trust you ^^ but in 2018 and 2019, I was way more familiar with the line-up than I am right now with this one. I guess it's too early to have a real opinion right now

15 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Just booked our combi tickets and camping in the Hive Resort (2-man Sahara tent). Anyone got any opionions on the Hive Resort camping?

Sufficient and convenient, a bit far (10-15 minutes walk?). As long as you're not too close to the party the noise should be toleratable but it's always good to have earplugs just in case. You have a small tent, that's good, try to locate it near the showers (so you can see your number coming up without standing for hours in the line) and preferably near the entrance (because the walk to the festival grounds is long enough anyway).

Edited by Ohad
  • Thanks 1

Few questions:

1) When do we reckon we'll get a more substantial lineup? Not necessarily the full one, but just more than a few names

2) So do we think Faith No More are out and they just haven't updated it yet?

7 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Sounds to me like you need to listen to more music then. If you don't recognise an artist on the lineup, see it as an opportunity to discover something new.

The dates cancelled by Faith No More were only in September/October in the US. About 2 weeks after the announcement, they've been added to Graspop. Until now, I think they'll play in Europe next Summer. At least until any update from the band. And for the rest of the tour, I hope some more names soon too as I'm thinking about taking a combo ticket!

• Upvote 1

I just bought my Werchter Boutique ticket.
I have Werchter 1st july too, was waiting more names to buy another day or 4 days combo, but it seems Live nation doesn't want to give us more infos...
Stromae won, do you think he will be the headliner ? is he big enough ?

Just posted this in Roskilde thread, but I think it may be relevant here as well:

No Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, and Billie Eillish (Glasto is the only festival she's playing in 2022) for Roskilde 2022 according to the festival's director:
https://soundvenue.com/musik/2021/10/ingen-kendrick-ingen-billie-eilish-roskilde-festival-lukker-definitivt-ned-for-tre-af-vores-headliner-oensker-til-2022-462068

6 minutes ago, mln said:

Just posted this in Roskilde thread, but I think it may be relevant here as well:

No Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, and Billie Eillish (Glasto is the only festival she's playing in 2022) for Roskilde 2022 according to the festival's director:
https://soundvenue.com/musik/2021/10/ingen-kendrick-ingen-billie-eilish-roskilde-festival-lukker-definitivt-ned-for-tre-af-vores-headliner-oensker-til-2022-462068

😞 

Edited by lighthouse

1 hour ago, mln said:

I'm a big Kendrick fan. But last year there was a lot of criticism why they booked Gorillaz and didn't wait for Kendrick (but as i said, they announced to move the tour to 2022 and changed their minds). 

The 2020 tour was well prepared. Shame it didn't go trough. Maybe he will change his mind again, always possible, but again without Werchter. 

5 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I'm a big Kendrick fan. But last year there was a lot of criticism why they booked Gorillaz and didn't wait for Kendrick (but as i said, they announced to move the tour to 2022 and changed their minds). 

The 2020 tour was well prepared. Shame it didn't go trough. Maybe he will change his mind again, always possible, but again without Werchter. 

So as for now, there are no signs of Kendrick doing European festivals in 2022?

4 hours ago, mln said:

I had already read here on the forum that Taylor Swift was only for 2023 , Kendrick I think he has a complicated schedule and it was not known if it was for 2022 or 2023 , now Billie thought it would be the name that was missing in NOS Alive. 

A piece of news that draws some conclusions , which gives the gorillaz more certainty 😉