Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

18 minutes ago, The Black said:

It was mean of me, and for that I regret saying it, however I still do believe she'll fade away when the next pop princess is in town. Ellie Goulding was doing pretty well, but haven't since heard from her. Lily Allen was also on quite a high, same story.

Dua Lipa is miles bigger than both of them. People are saying she could do Glastonbury next year, those two never even got close. Didn't even think they were particularly big outside the UK honestly - dua lipa is massive. 4 songs with over a billion spotify streams too and currently #4 in the world. She's not going anywhere.

58 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

I think it's more of an image thing - he headlines big one day event on a festival venue in his native country, it's a great way to come back. After he agreed to play this show persuade him to do some others probably was easier.

Yes, that’s the thing. Why would they create a day event for him, if he was available for every festival, they would have put him on Rock Werchter. 
Stromae himself was perfectly fine with creating a new album and not to tour. 

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Yes, that’s the thing. Why would they create a day event for him, if he was available for every festival, they would have put him on Rock Werchter. 
Stromae himself was perfectly fine with creating a new album and not to tour. 

With Stromae playing another belgian festivals, is he big enough to sell out Werchter field? 

My biggest questions right now are:

1. Are NIN still Hellfest exclusive or Trent can top The Barn on Saturday?

2. Will The Strokes support/sub RHCP on Sunday? (hopefully)

3. Who's subbing Pearl Jam? The War on Drugs or Pixies ?

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Dua Lipa is miles bigger than both of them. People are saying she could do Glastonbury next year, those two never even got close. Didn't even think they were particularly big outside the UK honestly - dua lipa is massive. 4 songs with over a billion spotify streams too and currently #4 in the world. She's not going anywhere.

Dua Lipa's tour isn't yet sold out. She has dates that if she was that huge as is said there wouldn't be standing left. As said before, anyone can go on Spotify and listen, they didn't buy Spotify just to listen to Dua Lipa. 

If we want to know how big an artist really is then look at what they can sell. Currently, Dua Lipa is not headlining Glastonbury. She will need to take the sub slot/Other headliner this time I think and next time come with a banger album. 

Her album wasn't as good as her debut, her best song recently was on two later relases of the album with Miley and the pandemic delay has affected her.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

I 100% agree with that, I think many female pop-RnB artists are just here for 2 albums top, but Dua Lipa seems to me way bigger, I hope she will confirm with her next album. Then we'll see if she's in the "Katy Perry - Shakira - Pink" etc.. category, or in the other... But TODAY, she might be the biggest female artist, with Billie Eilish.

Edited by Matt86
mist
  • Upvote 2

On 08/10/2021 at 09:04, Blaxey said:

The Strokes para mim seria incrível, amo a banda. Espero que algumas bandas como Sum 41, The lumineers, Girl in red e The Pretty Reckless ainda estejam na formação. Além disso, gostaria de ver Wolf Alice e Phoebe Bridgers

I agree with you about Wolf Alice and Phoebe Bridgers... but I also liked St. Vincent... all 3 on different days.

As for Dua Lipa who are here talking on the forum , she will perform here in Portugal in two places , in the Capital and in my city which rarely receives international artists and even so she has not sold out any concerts so far .

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

On 10/8/2021 at 5:11 PM, heti said:

My biggest questions right now are:

1. Are NIN still Hellfest exclusive or Trent can top The Barn on Saturday?

2. Will The Strokes support/sub RHCP on Sunday? (hopefully)

3. Who's subbing Pearl Jam? The War on Drugs or Pixies ?

In America The Strokes open for the PJ, but only if they don't like to do it in Europe.

I think it fits The War on Drugs better

Seems like RW will be the cheapest way to have a good view at a RHCP show... Never seen tickets so expensive for their shows. Golden circle is 139€ in Paris: it was 67€ in 2012... For Nijmegen, tickets are almost the same price. Wondering if they won't ask too much for festivals soon...

7 minutes ago, Archi said:

Seems like RW will be the cheapest way to have a good view at a RHCP show... Never seen tickets so expensive for their shows. Golden circle is 139€ in Paris: it was 67€ in 2012... For Nijmegen, tickets are almost the same price. Wondering if they won't ask too much for festivals soon...

Golden Circle in London is equal to €196 after fees. Fucking ridiculous. Or you can stand at the back half of the football pitch for €114.

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

New for Roskilde: Dua Lipa, Tyler The Creator, Haim, St. Vincent, Arlo Parks, IDLES, Fontaines D.C., Converge, Kelly Lee Owens, Moses Sumney, Lingua Ignota, Black Pumas... 

All welcome for RW. 

you serious..? I'd just take 3 names lol, would be so mad if I was going to Roskilde, which is supposed to be in the European top 3 festivals..

Just came over here to say it's £170 golden standing in London, actually unbelievably greedy prices, they're not Elton fucking John. I love the band but I'm seeing Foo Fighters in Manchester golden circle (more than likely, it's free first come first serve) for £67 including fees in the same week on the same stage at the same stadium. Add a £110 Metallica ticket (which has priced me out the last two tours) and I've got my Werchter ticket, camping and travel paid for at a festival you can practically walk to the front barrier for any act.