Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

11 minutes ago, Granny-Smith said:

Would love to see Parquet Courts, The War On Drugs, Idles, Black Midi, Foutaines D.C., Deftones and Pixies.

Do you think RATM are possible?

Their US tour second part start 09 July... it seems impossible to be one week before in Europe no ?

5 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

will it be so?

Thursday  :  PJ - (PIXIES)
Friday : Metallica - (Royal Blood)
Saturday : (Gorillaz) - Twenty One Pilots
Sunday : Red Hot Chili Peppers - (The Strokes)

(At Firenze Rocks the RHCP is with A$ap Rocky)

I would be happy with that line up. Twenty One Pilots feels a little weak headliner compared to the others so Gorillaz would be a great addition. 

1 hour ago, mikebat said:

No news about Stromae ? Will he be touring july 2022 ?

Back in 2022 after a mandatory break: Werchter Boutique. Back after an even longer time: Stromae. Bringing both together is a golden combination. On Sunday 19 June the magic will happen. Stromae will be playing Werchter Boutique! Formidable! 🥳

https://www.facebook.com/werchterboutique/posts/10158541360063473 

Edited by gregory

4 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I would be happy with that line up. Twenty One Pilots feels a little weak headliner compared to the others so Gorillaz would be a great addition. 

Not sure about netherlands but 21p are a lot bigger than Royal Blood id have thought. No doubt a very strong lineup

Twenty One Pilots are bigger right now than Royal Blood but not enough to be headliner alone at a festival like Werchter. It wasn't the case in 2020 and I don't see why it could change for 2022. In Netherlands, they don't headline alone Pinkpop (Metallica is the headliner of their day). Gorillaz - Twenty One Pilots would make sense!

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Back in 2022 after a mandatory break: Werchter Boutique. Back after an even longer time: Stromae. Bringing both together is a golden combination. On Sunday 19 June the magic will happen. Stromae will be playing Werchter Boutique! Formidable! 🥳

https://www.facebook.com/werchterboutique/posts/10158541360063473 

At first I thought 'Yes, finally back!'. Secondly I thought, why not just on the main event? Switch RHCP with Stromae and your line-up is already much more balanced. Add that Stromae also gives the opportunity to combine him with another fresh co-headline act (Dua Lipa e.g.) and it would've all made much more sense.

7 minutes ago, EV123 said:

At first I thought 'Yes, finally back!'. Secondly I thought, why not just on the main event? Switch RHCP with Stromae and your line-up is already much more balanced. Add that Stromae also gives the opportunity to combine him with another fresh co-headline act (Dua Lipa e.g.) and it would've all made much more sense.

Dua Lipa? Nobody's going to care about her in 5 years time. Other than that, it would be a disastrous booking to have her as a headliner for Rock Werchter. Boutique no problem, but not Rock Werchter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, The Black said:

Dua Lipa? Nobody's going to care about her in 5 years time. Other than that, it would be a disastrous booking to have her as a headliner for Rock Werchter. Boutique no problem, but not Rock Werchter.

Haha, you probably said the same 5 years ago? Or 3 years ago about Billie Eilish?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Stromae is a work of many years trying to get him back on stage. 

A day event like Boutique was the reason to be back. I don’t think this would have happen without Boutique. 

He's playing Ardentes, Rock en Seine and probably much more tba. Doesn't look like he needs a one-day event. 

8 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Dua Lipa is terrible live tho. I watched a livestream of her performing at Lollapaloza and it was really bad

They should have pop artists at Rock Werchter but at least have somebody that's good live 😄

Well, maybe good to have a real live experience? She's just good, nothing exceptional. She's definitely a better singer than Kiedis 😉.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EV123 said:

He's playing Ardentes, Rock en Seine and probably much more tba. Doesn't look like he needs a one-day event. 

Well, maybe good to have a real live experience? She's just good, nothing exceptional. She's definitely a better singer than Kiedis 😉.

You don’t get it i think. Boutique was the essential trigger to go back on tour. His agent is a former Live Naton employee. 
First Boutique, others were following. 

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Why do you think that? Weird thing to say. 

It was mean of me, and for that I regret saying it, however I still do believe she'll fade away when the next pop princess is in town. Ellie Goulding was doing pretty well, but haven't since heard from her. Lily Allen was also on quite a high, same story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Stromae is a work of many years trying to get him back on stage. 

A day event like Boutique was the reason to be back. I don’t think this would have happen without Boutique. 

yes it would, you don't decide to make a new album and a tour thanks to ONE show 😕

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt86 said:

yes it would, you don't decide to make a new album and a tour thanks to ONE show 😕

I think it's more of an image thing - he headlines big one day event on a festival venue in his native country, it's a great way to come back. After he agreed to play this show persuade him to do some others probably was easier.

1 minute ago, Mondo-kun said:

I think it's more of an image thing - he headlines big one day event on a festival venue in his native country, it's a great way to come back. After he agreed to play this show persuade him to do some others probably was easier.

in this way, I get it lol ^^ and of course he HAS to make his come back in Belgium ! 😄 but I can't imagine him being back "thanks to one show", it would have happened anyway.